Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Your thoughts on CV for Vita?  (Read 10836 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »
Hey Lumi, get Muramasa Rebirth on your vita! It's an incredible game and will keep you plenty busy on the vita.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:58 AM »
Muramasa Rebirth

This is on the vita?? When's it out? And if so, is it a downloadable game or is it a retail one? Seriously Montoya I'd really like to know  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 01:55:05 AM »
Get the price on the Vita down and more games I'm interested in and I might get one. It's a nice feeling system with a nice screen, but I'd be throwing my money at the wind.

That said, a new Castlevania at this point isn't likely to convince me to get one unless it's one damn fine game. I'd long been sick of buying the latest games in the series because they usually left me feeling pretty empty, and Harmony of Despair was the final nail in the coffin for me. Lords of Shadow kinda took things in a slightly better direction, but it's not enough to keep me interested.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 02:41:42 PM »
This is on the vita?? When's it out? And if so, is it a downloadable game or is it a retail one? Seriously Montoya I'd really like to know  :D

Hey man! Muramasa Rebirth has been out on the vita for a while now in stores and for digital download on ps store. It is $24.99 on the playstation store. I picked my copy up used from gamestop for $17.99. It's an incredible game. There is also plenty of extra download content for it.

Of course, as I've said before, you can also get Castlevania Dracula X chronicles, Castlevania Chronicles, and Symphony of the Night on the vita as well.

There are many other great platforming games for the vita as well, both exclusive, and non exclusive. There are also many cross play games like Dragons Crown (you can play with people on the ps3 online), as well as cross buy, and save games. If you own a ps3 or 4, there are many perks to having a vita. I also use my vita as a second controller for my PS4.

Get the price on the Vita down and more games I'm interested in and I might get one. It's a nice feeling system with a nice screen, but I'd be throwing my money at the wind.

You can get a wifi Vita for $200. The 3ds XL is $185. The vita is easily worth the extra 15 dollars as it beats the living crap out of the 3ds as a system. $200 is very fair for the quality of the device. There are already plenty of solid reasons to get a vita and plenty of great games for it. How would you be throwing your money at the wind in buying the best handheld gaming device ever made? If you think there are no games on it that you will like, you will find out how mistaken you were when you actually give the thing a chance.

I don't know why or how the general attitude towards vita got so off. It's a little bit frustrating to be honest. The vita is the best handheld gaming device there has ever been. It's library of games is great and it's growing all of the time. Anyone who has ever enjoyed handheld gaming should have one of these things.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »
gamegear had a color screen & was way more powerful albeit bulky, but people still preferred the gameboy. the psp, despite being a technically marvelous handheld with an excellent widescreen & custom firmware capabilities, was still always in the shadow of the nintendo ds. its the same thing with vita/3ds. its just the way it is dude

the handheld market has always been less about a "talent show" and more of a "popularity contest," and itll continue to be this way so long as nintendo still exists
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:10:12 PM by crisis »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »
gamegear had a color screen & was way more powerful albeit bulky, but people still preferred the gameboy.

I think the reason why the gameboy was chosen over the gamegear was due to battery longevity. The gamegear takes six AA batteries but you can only get little more then two hours worth of playtime. The gameboy had only four AA batteries but lasted much longer.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline lesomaface

• Abandon All Hope
  • Hunter in Training
  • This castle is a creature of chaos...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »
I really don't mind a Castlevania game released for the Vita.
"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:08 AM »
+1
How about we give Desmond some love and make this IPhone exclusive. Sony already has the pleasure of taking all me monies, plus my phone is with me at work so yeahhh
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »
Man, Jeff, every time the Vita is mentioned, you're a salesman for the thing. You bought a 3DS and sold it. I bought a 3DS and later bought an XL because I liked it so much. It has the games I want to play. Vita doesn't. A lot of the games that I'm interested in are on PS3 as well.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »
I don't even care, just give me anything at this point.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »
I believe in the product and I think it's been getting a very unfair reputation and I also have noticed that there are still many people who do not fully understand what a vita can do.

You can consider me a volunteer salesmen for vita. I believe in it that much.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 05:35:03 PM »
Just take the Vita out back and put it out of its misery.
The 3DS is where the money is... for any sidescroller CV's.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:28 PM »
If the Vita had a 2d castlevania, like proper 2d with sprites I'd buy it in an instant. Otherwise I wouldn't invest in a vita.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 08:42:32 PM »
You can download SOTN, Castlevania Chronicles, and Dracula X Chronicles on the Vita. It also has plenty of great side scrolling action games aside from that.

Like I've said before, I think it beats the 3ds in games and it obliterates the 3ds in hardware.

I think there are 2 reasons that the 3DS is doing better than the Vita, and they are pretty obvious.

1. Nintendo is more established in the handheld market and the 3ds is coming off of the huge success of the DS.

2. The second reason is that the handheld's consumer market seems to be dominated by the youth, and unfortunately, it seems like Sony has done very little to market the Vita to a younger audience in addition to the hardcore gamer. As it stands, the vita seems to be focused on bringing more console gamers into the handheld market than it is on taking the young audience away from Nintendo, and many console gamers are not interested in handhelds and don't even bother to take a close look at what the vita has to offer.

So that sums it up. I think the only thing that Sony is failing at with the Vita is the marketing.

The games are great and the library is getting huge. Playstation plus member can get games like Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Unit 13 for free from the ps store on the vita right now.

Just take the Vita out back and put it out of its misery.
The 3DS is where the money is... for any sidescroller CV's.

Actually they are releasing the Vita slim redesigned and in different colors this spring. There will be a price drop which brings the Vita and Vita slim down to about $180 which will match or be lower than the cost of the 3DS XL. There will also be a Borderlands 2 bundle for $199. So if anything, I think it appears that Sony has plans to push the Vita even more, as they should.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:55:57 PM by Jeffrey Montoya »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 07:18:49 AM »
Hmm 180 u say? And I think sony has their priorities screwed up. I need updates/games/support on my PS4. All I've gotten is Warframe but they give lots of ****crickets
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: