Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Would Ubisoft stop making Assassin's Creed games? No they won't.  (Read 6754 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Would Ubisoft stop making Assassin's Creed games? No they won't.
« on: December 03, 2014, 02:38:19 AM »
And we now have a leak from Kotaku on next yera's AC game set in Victorian London tentatively titled AC Victory to be headed by their Quebec studio.

For leaked images and a story mission head over here:
http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788

Hehehe... I think this leak is deliberate regardless of what Ubisoft says, after the epic fails of Unity...
Great fire of london... I think this was the plot of someone who left (was fired?) from Ubi lately.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Would Ubisoft stop making Assassin's Creed games? No they won't.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
Is Ubisoft trying to burn themselves out? I know that GoW kinda went down this road. I've yet to see another of their games released yet as it's been a while since Ascension.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »
I have never been a fan of the AC series, but I really am tired of it. I wish they would take a break, and Call of Duty. I get that studios rotate development, I really get it. But it is just complete oversaturation. But apparently I am one of the few that feels that way, because it sells like hotcakes every year.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »
@X: Yup, and apparently they would never learn unless sales bombed.

@piscesdreams: Everyone feels AC's over saturation, yet most of them still buys each new release.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 06:46:27 AM »
I stopped buying after Black Flag.
I am short on money so I cannot get Rogue
I don't have a PS4/XBone, so I cannot get Unity unless I get the PC version but my PC may not be up to best specs.  Also, I heard the game sucks.
I did not get the DLC packs for AC4, nor did I get the game with Aveline.

I stopped caring once Desmond's story arc was done.  What I liked the most about the game was the whole 'modern conspiracy' mixed with 'ancient astronauts/ancient aliens'.  They've gone away from that so I, too, have gone away from them.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:42:25 AM »
I really like the AC franchise. Though I started with 2, since I actually didn't like 1 at all when I played it.

Since then I have played Brotherhood, Revelations, and Liberation. I have AC3, but have not gotten to it yet. They are very large games that need a lot of time to complete, so I cannot just marathon them. I remain years behind the release dates.

However given ubisoft's DLC spam and technical issues, I don't think I'd want to day1 any of their games. Wait a year or so and you get the playable patched version, usually with all the DLC included. If anyone is curious, I've always gotten the PC versions of these games.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:46:33 AM by uzo »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »
I'm pretty sure my PC can play AC3 and AC4 just fine (it played Bioshock Infinite rather beautifully), so I might use my PC for later games, when I'm no longer broke and they go on sale or something.  I can wait.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
So far, I have the AC2 trilogy, 1, and 3.  2 I think is the pinnacle of the series, in terms of gameplay and story.  1's gameplay is clunky, and 3's protagnoist Connor is just downright unlikeable.  Plus, I don't dare a thing about the naval combat, it's meant to be an assassins game, not pirates, and that's what's put me off the other 'New World' games.  I fele like Unisoft have gone lazy, and the modern aspect is unfocused since the end of Desmond's line.  I thought that Abstergo were meant to be the badguys!  What drew me to AC2 originally was the rich attention to actual historical detail, right down to the costumng.  Now, it's just coming across too much like a cash-cow to be milked, even at the detriment of the finished product quality - i.e. actually finished!
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 11:11:01 PM »
AC Unity have so many bugs that its a joke and now they rush to do a new one... good luck with that.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 03:03:09 AM »
So they've decided to no-longer take their time and instead plan to over saturate their own market?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 11:07:10 AM »
I'm waiting for stories popping up about burnt-out Ubisoft employees.
"I was working 7 days a week, 20 hours a day, on eighteen different AC games at the same time".

They should go the EA Sports route and just call these games AC '14, AC '15 and so on.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 10:03:59 PM »
Me too!

Nah, they can't go ala EA Sports. What would they call their games when 2 or more of them appear within a year (like this year)?

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
Assassin's Creed, you say?  I marathoned it over the past few weeks.

It seems pretty hit or miss.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 10:39:28 PM »
That's a nice summary and pretty much tells what everybody has been saying about the series.
You still are missing Rouge and Unity.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »
never.

Tags:

anything