Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 462799 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2016, 07:08:28 AM »
No, just misunderstood  ;D

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »
No, just misunderstood  ;D

What difference does that make?  ;)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2016, 07:33:57 AM »
Him being a sith lord?  :rollseyes:

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #363 on: January 18, 2016, 08:57:32 PM »
+3
So, here it is - Everyone's favorite half-vampire son of Dracula in his 1999 attire, sporting the Alucard Spear in it's basic, initial form!

There are more things to pick apart in this artwork. Let's see what will pick your interest first.

Also, many kudos to Drac9-san. He's acting like my reality-checks as the development goes forward. If it weren't for him, the spear's head on the sprite would be the size of a car.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:59:05 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2016, 09:20:35 PM »
The card seems to draw quite a fair bit of my attention, does it serve any particular purpose?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2016, 09:31:14 PM »
The card seems to draw quite a fair bit of my attention, does it serve any particular purpose?

Yes it does. Slightly spoily but I'll post anyway:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:36:31 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36:56 AM »
I approve of this image. I wonder when did he decide to dye his hair black? hehehehehehe.
Send me the Alucard story via PM. I have an idea why he can't use his sword but I don't have the time now to write it down.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2016, 03:50:08 AM »
(click to show/hide)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #368 on: January 19, 2016, 04:53:08 AM »
I'm almost sure Alucard's hair being black has been a thing since CV3.
I'm not sure which is his 'true' outfit, since his SotN outfit would've been quite anachronistic in Trevor Belmont's time.

Or, he got old and it's not that his hair is blonde, but rather that it's silver from age.

He uses "Just for Men".
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #369 on: January 19, 2016, 09:43:29 AM »
Alucard's original hair color was black so I don't see any issues here. If anything it's going back to his character's origins. And Alucard's true outfit was what we saw in CV3. His SotN duds were of the times in which the game (SotN) took place--1797. They could not have existed back in 1476 as tailcoats came about in the late 1600's, and early 1700s'. Alucard looks fine to me as he is. Though I will admit that the image bares a similar resemblance to Hector from CoD. The torn red material hanging off of Alucard's belt is the piece that strongly brings this out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #370 on: January 19, 2016, 10:04:04 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Oh, and for the dudes overall: In Umbra there is an explanation for Alucard's hair being black. This explanation has some pretty good evidence from the official sources to back it up, even. It's nothing incredible, though. So, if you expect a plot-twistey thing that will blow your mind, stop right now. His hair being black is more like a side-effect than something being intended to happen.

But expect to see Alucard's hair being platinum too!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:27:15 AM by theplottwist »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: January 19, 2016, 10:20:41 PM »
Thanks for the PM plot!  ;D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
^^

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2016, 10:15:59 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Thanks for the PM plot!  ;D

No prob, Shiroi-chan~!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:47:40 PM by theplottwist »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: January 28, 2016, 01:08:49 AM »
OK, a little update and FINALLY some background on Julius Belmont. Before reading, keep in mind that this is all subject to change. Julius' origin is the absolute hardest part of this story to pull off successfully.

Also, I'll be skipping one part of this background because Nagumo has recently thrown a wrench on my plot, by discovering that Albus calls ALL the villagers of Wygol as "distant relatives to the Belmonts". This part will need to be re-written, and yes, it probably means that Irina is not a direct descendant of Richter anymore, nor that Nicholai is an amnesiac Richter Belmont.

Enjoy!

(click to show/hide)

Details:

(click to show/hide)

Whew... Finally I get to put this here :P

But remember! Everything is subject to change! Though I doubt I will change this anymore. You all have no idea how many drafts for this exist.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:48:45 PM by theplottwist »

Tags: 1999 Awes