Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania on PS3?  (Read 8006 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania on PS3?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 07:34:01 PM »
In Reply To #15

Nah, I still don't think so. Most people are going to be using their economic "stimulus" packages to pay off debts.

PS3 is still too much money for the library it offers. It looks stronger with MGS4, DMC4 but compare it to the PS2's library (same amount of years in), or even the X360's, and it looks pathetic. To buy a $4-500 console for one game is unlikely, also.

And doesn't the cheaper model take away backwards compatability? I wouldn't want to buy unless it had that too.

A Castlevania on the PS3 could really make for an awesome castle though (if the level designers from LOI and COD are fired first), but I think it's proper of IGA stating he wants to see how MGS4 does first, because companies have very little confidence in Sony and its console right now, and yes that's based on its sales record.

It's not just Konami: companies are feeling a big "if" factor about the PS3.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:35:34 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »
In Reply To #15

Nah, I still don't think so. Most people are going to be using their economic "stimulus" packages to pay off debts.

And doesn't the cheaper model take away backwards compatability? I wouldn't want to buy unless it had that too.

Eh-heh. Yeah. SMART people will use the money to pay off debts.

Also, MGS4 will come bundled with the 80gb version, which does boast an ~80% backwards compatibility. 60gb, unfortunately, is long dead due to production costs.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:39 PM »
Also, MGS4 will come bundled with the 80gb version, which does boast an ~80% backwards compatibility.

That's cool and all, but it's still gonna cost too much. Definitely a good move to bundle it though.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Danji

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 12:45:49 PM »
I know at least 6 people who own PS3s (and not 360s) who are huge CV fans. The importance of releasing it on both is incredible because of CV's relative unimportance in the grand scheme of gaming. They really do need something large to happen with the series to have anyone remotely mainstream play it again. But that's not my concern...

The PS3 has a great deal of titles coming out later this year that are worth owning the console for..and considering that most games are multiplatform anyways, I'm not missing much of anything by owning a PS3 and not a 360. The things I'm personally looking forward to is Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, and MGS4.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
In Reply To #18
If you really think MGS4 is not gonna be a huge success... you're just fooling yourself.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Tags:

anything