Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania on PS3?  (Read 8005 times)

q8fft

Castlevania on PS3?
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
Hi, Castlevania Fan's, i'm big fan on this game, and i wonder when castlevania on ps3, we want it right now.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »
Well, IGA the current leader of the CV development team has stated that he's interested in bringing cv on the 360. However it's still possible that a game will find its way to the PS3 sooner or later.

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 01:36:18 PM »
I honestly believe that he will multiplatform and just have it on the PS3 and the 360 which would be fine I think.
Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »
Mark my words: The next-gen Castlevania will be on both PS3 and Xbox 360. They won't make it a PS3 exclusive because America has the largest Castlevania fan base and the Xbox 360 outsells the PS3 by yards here. They won't make it a 360 exclusive either, though, as Japan spends a lot of money on Castlevania too, and the 360 sells even lousier in Japan than the PS3 does in America. So, to cover both of their biggest markets, Konami will release the next console 'vania on both platforms. The Wii, however, is a different story. . .
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 09:17:16 PM »
I remember IGA saying the next Console game would be on the 360. Even so, if Castlevania gets a PS3 iteration, I might have to buy one (provided it's not just an extra-shiny Curse of Darkness clone).

Steve

Re: Castlevania on PS3?
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 09:26:36 PM »
Igarashi said he's going to use Metal Gear Solid 4's success as a gauge for how beneficial it would be to pursue the PS3 for Castlevania.  However, I agree that the next console game in the series will be multi-platform.  When Igarashi is given strict budgets for these things as it is, he can't afford (nor would he be allowed, probably) not to be as economically conservative as possible.

SymboliC

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »

Like it or not, MGS4 is definitely going to boost PS3 sales, no doubt, so it's just really up to IGA's personal preferences.

IMO, I really don't care if IGA wants it on the 360, as long as he makes it multi-platform later on.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 11:16:22 AM »
Igarashi said he's going to use Metal Gear Solid 4's success as a gauge for how beneficial it would be to pursue the PS3 for Castlevania.  However, I agree that the next console game in the series will be multi-platform.  When Igarashi is given strict budgets for these things as it is, he can't afford (nor would he be allowed, probably) not to be as economically conservative as possible.

I agree.  I couldn't see this game not being multi-platform at this point: MGS4 is bound to do well (I esp. with it now being bundled with the new 80? gig PS3, which most people who buy the system are waiting to get since the 40 gig is...yeah...) and as someone mentioned, while the 360 sales well here, the PS3 sales far better in Japan.  We're the bigger fan base, but they'll want to cater to all fans.

Besides, there's more of chance to get money, so I don't see why he wouldn't.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 06:17:01 AM »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

ArthurBelmont

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »
I'm really looking foward to see a Castlevania on the PS3 too.

Offline Bad Wolf

• Born of the Time Vortex
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am returned from centuries slept
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
I personally hate the PS3, but I'm not going to discuss that any further here.

If a Castlevania was released on the PS3, it would have to be freakishly awesome for me to cough up the $500 to buy a PS3 JUST FOR ONE GAME.

I'm holding out for Judgement as a 360 title.
Buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum dum dum!

oo oo ooooo oooo-ooooo!

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
Metal Gear Solid 4 will NEVER see the light of day on the 360. Kojima has confirmed this time and time again.

Castlevania will most likely appear on both consoles, however.

Don't think that's what she? meant.  I think she just meant it was going to sell well on the PS3.  So if it does, (and that's what IGA was watching sells why) then we should see a Castlevania PS3 game.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

SymboliC

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 02:50:05 PM »
If a Castlevania was released on the PS3, it would have to be freakishly awesome for me to cough up the $500 to buy a PS3 JUST FOR ONE GAME.

I'm holding out for Judgement as a 360 title.

I think nobody assumes a PS3-exclusive Castlevania, so you can relax. And a PS3's only about 300-400 bucks by now in most online buying.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »
Everyone assumes MGS is gonna sell huge, yet "Snake Eater" had a lot of trouble at first, and it still fell below what either MGS or MGS2 sold.

But then again, this is a whole new graphics engine; so a little more excitement from the masses is likely.

But what masses?

There are far fewer owners of PS3s than there were PS2s, and most probably won't get one just for MGS4 (not in this f'ed up economy). The target audience is much smaller this time.

At the same time there isn't much else to be this excited for on the PS3, so maybe they will gain new players from that competition lull.

But... You take a look at the sales environment of past MGS releases and they were all released while their respective systems were experiencing healthy growth and stability. PS3 has none of that. MGS4 is charging out on a whole different battle field, and it definitely has a battle ahead.

I also think people are losing interest in the series as it becomes increasingly experimental in its gameplay... and... well... weird. Despite it's huge sales from the past, MGS still remains a very off-beat franchise; probably because it has one of the strangest lead producers in all of the industry.

Kojima-san may be a genius, but that comes with a very different mind.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 04:09:51 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »
In Reply To #14

Lately I've actually been seeing a lot more PS3 sales because of the anticipation for MGS4. And a lot more customers are holding off on buying one, instead looking forward to the MGS PS3 Bundle that'll be coming out this summer.

I don't think it's right to assume sales based on system ownage because MGS4 is looking to be a system-seller, something Castlevania has never been known for on a grand-scale outside of fanbases.

Tags:

anything