Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV AOS Future Alucard  (Read 18709 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: April 15, 2016, 01:33:44 PM »
+1
Hello, I am here to unveil another one of my hacks, this one is going to add a future version of Alucard, one not seen yet within the CV series.

Any avid CV fan or Alucard fan for that matter may have come across this image before,

This hack is based off of that artwork, here are some ingame images, once again the sprites are being made by Julian/Jop and this hack is still within the very early stages since he is still working on them along with working on his other projects.

Filtered

Unfiltered

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 09:46:23 PM »
Ok, I guess. As long as it's just an alt to the normal genya arakado hack.

Offline The Bizarre Trooper

• The Stardust Brawler
  • Hunter in Training
  • Nanomachines, son!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 06:00:03 AM »
This look's intresting honestly! i like the design but i honestly tought it was Soleiyu in the picture above XD
Standing here, I realize
You were just like me, trying to make history.
But who's to judge the right from wrong?
When our guard is down, I think we'll both agree
That violence breeds violence,
But in the end it has to be this way.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 12:05:34 PM »
Ok, I guess. As long as it's just an alt to the normal genya arakado hack.

Its not really a "alt" actually, but it will feature all the symphony of the night features I used for the Arikado hack so pretty much I'm using that hack as a basis for this and replacing all the Genya Arikado sprites with these new ones.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »
- UPDATE -

This hack will be using the Genya Arikado hack as a basis, so all the symphony of the night features that where in that hack will be carried over such as the Fairy Familiar, Sword Famiar, Alucard shield etc, I also may add more symphony of the night elements to this hack, one thing I have planned is to replace the panther dash soul with a new updated wolf form for this Alucard, I will have to see what Julian/Jop can come up with first.

Here are some images, enjoy and feel free to give your thoughts and ask questions.

Filtered

Unfiltered

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »
Looking rather spiffy!  I like it.  I'd possibly consider making Al's hair a smidge lighter, closer to what it is in SotN.  For the reference Ayami Kojima piccie, I believe that it's actually from something not even related to Castlevania, although it definitely looks like it could fit in very well with it.  It says where it's from in Kojima's artbook, Santa Lilio Sangre, but unfortunately, I can't read Japanesse beyond recognizing a few symbols.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 07:11:41 PM »
Looking rather spiffy!  I like it.  I'd possibly consider making Al's hair a smidge lighter, closer to what it is in SotN.  For the reference Ayami Kojima piccie, I believe that it's actually from something not even related to Castlevania, although it definitely looks like it could fit in very well with it.  It says where it's from in Kojima's artbook, Santa Lilio Sangre, but unfortunately, I can't read Japanesse beyond recognizing a few symbols.

Thanks. :)

Regarding the hair color, well Alucard's hair has never really been that accurate, for example the ingame sprites has him with white hair while in the portraits of him its more of a platinum blonde such as in this photo

With this hack I'm trying to keep his hair consistent with what the color is within the artwork that I am using as a basis here,

And regarding the artwork, I have just always considered it a modern day or future version of Alucard to be honest lol, I lot of other fans I have run into think so as well so I thought I would just use that artwork as a basis for this hack to make it come to life within Aria of Sorrow.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:32 PM »
I did a little search on that reference pic online since I am too lazy to dig up that heavy Kojima artbook.
It is most likely this one, this was based on a novel. Most likely the illustration at the top post is from a novel.
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:59:27 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 06:14:02 AM »
I did a little search on that reference pic online since I am too lazy to dig up that heavy Kojima artbook.
It is most likely this one, this was based on a novel. Most likely the illustration at the top post is from a novel.
(click to show/hide)

Thanks shiro, I never knew its exact origins. ;D

Any thoughts on the hack?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 03:37:32 AM »
Oh and said novel was written by the same guy who wrote Vampire Hunter D.
Some of his books were illustrated by Kojima.

As for the hack, it looks so cool! I'm digging the trench coat. :)

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 01:09:23 PM »
Oh and said novel was written by the same guy who wrote Vampire Hunter D.
Some of his books were illustrated by Kojima.

As for the hack, it looks so cool! I'm digging the trench coat. :)

Thanks, I did not know he also wrote Vampire Hunter D as well, thats really cool as a Vampire Hunter D fan myself.

Well here is a bit of a update for the hack, I decided to take TatteredSeraph's advice and lighten the hair to make it more of a platinum blonde rather than straight up blonde, here is  a pic,

I'm also working on some other updates such as adding the Mist and Wolf forms into the game for this hack so stay tuned for pics real soon.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 12:21:13 PM »
- UPDATE -

Ok here is a update, I have added a wolf transformation to replace the panther dash, here is a ingame screenshot as well as the new description added to the soul inventory menu, if anyone wants to see it without filter please post here letting me know.

Offline MooMilk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure (GB)
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 02:09:24 PM »
I want to see it with out filter. Also post a pic of the mist transformation and what is it replacing?

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 12:20:50 PM »
I want to see it with out filter. Also post a pic of the mist transformation and what is it replacing?

Here you go,

I don't have a pic for hte mist transformation yet since I'm still trying to figure out what to replace it with, it may be either the Manticore soul or the Curly Soul.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 06:16:39 AM »
This is looking AMAZING.  I love it.  It's funny, but just the slight tweaking on the hair has really made the sprite pop so much more, and look more clearly like Alucard, especially in light of the rather radical outfit redesign, which I love.  I reckon that Al's outfit definitely has a touch of D about it, especially if you look at the pictures Amano's done of D with blond rather than black hair, such as on the cover for Pale Fallen Angel (which almost tempts me to try writing a crossover where Alucard IS D, rather than have them be half-brothers, with Mina the Fair a reincarnation of Lisa).  I have a shelf on my bookshelf which is mainly VHD novels or manga volumes (what's been relesed in English at least), with Kan-oke on my shelf of artbooks. 

Back to this though, I'm really digging the all-black wolf with Al's signature golden eyes.  While not the white wolf I've always pictured Al to have the form of as default, considering that his bat form's wings change colour depending on the colour of the lining of his cloak, it's easy to see why it would be potentially likely that the same could happen with his wolf form.  This is a major improvement on the (endearingly(?)) derpy-looking wolf form in SotN.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Tags: