Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Backloggery  (Read 7349 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: September 09, 2016, 05:45:12 PM »
You dudes and dudettes have it?

http://www.backloggery.com/Swankster

Watch me play a million games and then never beat them.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:47:02 PM »
I don't have it.  What am I looking at, exactly?  Is it a discussion board for whatever games you're currently working on?  My list would be stupidly long.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 12:59:07 AM »
I'm even worse, I think.
I have a lot of games that I haven't even started!  ;D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 02:29:46 AM »
I don't have it.  What am I looking at, exactly?  Is it a discussion board for whatever games you're currently working on?  My list would be stupidly long.

It's basically a log of your gaming backlog, hence Backloggery. For most gamers, I imagine it's a wall of shame. I only add games in as I play them, but if I were to reach back the past decade, I'd have so much to plug in here that I never beat.

Even with just what I've added, I'm constantly going back and taking games out of my now playing list if I haven't touched them in a few weeks; or, sometimes I keep them there just as a reminder that I was playing them, lol.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 07:25:06 AM »
I'm working my way through every JRPG ever made in chronological order (sort of).

That amounts to 30 years worth of backlog.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 10:29:37 AM »
I also have this issue. I've purchased several games that I've not even unwrapped from their store packages yet  :P  Wolfenstein: The Old Blood to name one of them.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »
Same here.  I got a few games last Christmas that are still in their plastic wrapping.  Though I am about to finish my masters which is a big part of why I haven't played them, I'm also about to have a second kid, so it may be summer 2017 before they get opened. ;-P  By then I might have more games alongside them!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 10:42:13 PM »
+1
Sigh... the older you get, the lesser games you play, but there's more money that you can to spend on games.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
+1
Yeah you kind of end up being a collector more then a gamer as you age... :(
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 11:11:20 PM »

Facts.. I'm not even really buying games now unless it's for the purpose of collecting.

Occasionally I buy a Street Fighter to play online or a Zelda/ FF game to play through, but time is few and more far between to game these days.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 01:41:54 AM »

As someone who's likely older than a majority of the posters here now, I can say this is true. The collecting bug hit me mid 30's, haven't stopped since. My Backloggery is rarely ever updated as I keep a notepad of all games I own and catalog them that way. Right now it's Sam Sho or KoF for me till I can break this fighting game bug that has bitten me hard. Might stop after I finish acquiring SNK fighters for SNES, Genesis, GB, PS1, Saturn, and PS2.

Shiroi said:
Sigh... the older you get, the lesser games you play, but there's more money that you can to spend on games.

My take:
Truth, I have some money set aside for games, though I try and keep a budget on that as to not break the bank. But I find I do play less these days than I did 10,20, even 30 years ago though I own a boatload more retro games now, than I did when those games were the hot new thing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:44:23 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 09:19:12 AM »
Filling up my backloggery would take me longer than to beat at least 10 60-hour games.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 11:09:07 AM »
I kinda wish I had AVGN's drive to jump right in and play all those games. But of course it probably helps him to have a show which gives him the incentive to do just that, and have fun alone the way.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 04:30:43 PM »
Filling up my backloggery would take me longer than to beat at least 10 60-hour games.

Jorge can't even finish his backloggery, much less beat his games!! ;-)

I don't know what you do...but I'm stuck playing less and paying less!  I had more money to buy stuff as a teenager with a part time job than I have now as an adult with a full time job! X-/

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 04:37:47 PM »
I have one, you're right, it's a wall of shame. And it's not even got my whole collection on it. According to it I'm just shy of beating 100 games. (Though that's a little inflated since I have the separate campaigns of RTSs listed as different titles.) Not bad I guess considering I didn't start gaming until about 10 years ago and I like to take my time. My full backlog dwarfs this probably 3 or 4 times over. Partly from a frenzy of collecting from the first 2 or so years I got into the hobby, but mostly from the handful of bundled sales I pick up (or am given) on Gog and Steam every year. My Gog backlog alone is really about 100 games.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 04:45:53 PM by Ratty »

Tags:

anything