Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.  (Read 96822 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2014, 11:37:22 PM »
I'd have to merge the topic (IGA facebook comment) with this since we are talking about the same "SotN 2 leak".

Maybe after all this time Alucard was bald and was using wigs!
Ah, so that explains everything....  ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:40:24 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2014, 01:41:19 AM »
Does anyone remember how LoS1 also first appeared on some kind of list?

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,2165.0.html

I don't remember if people were saying the list was fake or not.

That was a presentation card given to certain journalists, IIRC. That is why it had credence. It would have been that or a typo, confusing LoS with Castlevania.

This came out of nowhere, and already has red flags. The Xenogears name being a big example; Square renewed that name a few years ago for the PSN release of the original game.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2014, 01:54:34 AM »
but who gives a shit for the story in Castlevania.
I-I do...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2014, 02:54:11 AM »
I must admit that as much as I'd like to see another CV game, especially a SotN sequel, for the moment I'm going to keep a healthy dose of skepticism for the time being, until something more concrete is said.  However, I must admit that even if it is true, I'm not keen on it being a 3DS title.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2014, 05:34:24 AM »
Actually, after seeing the list, I can see why some believe it:
1.) Some games known games are missing, like the new Pokemon games.  But if you look at the list, compare it to Sony/Microsoft's.  They list games that are supposed to be at the conference first (minus surprises obviously), then games playable on the show floor (the only games we see for Nintendo).  That may explain why some games are MIA: since Nintendo's E3 showing will be via another Nintendo Direct, it can't be put on the list, where as Sony/Microsoft's are actually on stage.

2.) Watch Dogs (Sony) and Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) are on the list, even though they come out right before/the week of E3!  Yep!  And this isn't the first time EITHER company has premoted a game that previously came out RIGHT BEFORE the big event, especially if the game in question is being pushed prominently on the system and they want to keep the game fresh/show cool things that may get some more purchases.  Heck Nintendo does it all the time on Directs with games (I personally got sick of Pikmin 3 showing up) with games like Bravely Default, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin 3.  And let's face it: Wii U isn't selling.  It needs all the good coverage of a great game that players can buy it can get. And Watch Dogs is a pumped up game on the PS4 that's supposed to showcase the hell out of the systems capabilities: so giving it a bit of screen time doesn't sound too implausible.

3.)Okay smartass, two words: Xenogears Origins.  So...is it impossible for Nintendo to pay Square for the rights to use the name? Or whoever typed the list (fake or otherwise) meant Xenoblade or even Xenosaga (Nintendo is cool with BandiNamco lately...) instead of Xenogears?

Fuck it, I just want that list to be real because damn it, Castlevania is on there.  Ironically, THAT'S the game that makes me think the list is fake.  A sequel to SOTN?  What would that be about?  That radio drama? If it's playable, did it start develope during LoS2?  On the 3DS, so will it be 2.5D since supposedly 2D is 'unlikely'? And if they were making this, why not include IGA?  He obviously knows nothing about it and it sounds like he left because they wouldn't let him do more Metroidvania.  Did they just want to give someone else a chance at it, like with COTM?  Are they actually willing to go back to the old storyline after LoS? (Just how well DID those games do in Japan?). Or maybe it really is a game based on LoS's Alucard but they call it SOTN 2 in hopes to help it sell/give it a boost with older fans (I would cry if this is true, I'm joking about this happening!)

Sounds too good to be true, a Metroidvania AND a sequel to SOTN at that.  I want this to be real, damn it!  Damn hype, I'm going to be so disappointed when this isn't real.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2014, 06:10:09 AM »

Yep, Sony did it with Last of Us, but that came out the same week of E3to be fair.

The Xenogears thing seems a bit more dubious because of all the legal mumbojumbo behind it.  It could be a case of "Oops! Wrong Xeno!" but maybe the person that made the list had no idea about all the legalities while they made up the list.

Zelda: Shard of Nightmare sounds like a made up title honestly. And Pokken Fighters?  Really?  I know Nindi and BN are having a bit if a bromance right now but that name just sounds like fan made up stupidity because "Herderp! BN makes Tekken!  A Pokemon fighting game!  Pokken!"

Okay, as a Nintendo game, maybe not THAT stupid.  ;

Fuck it, I just want that list to be real because damn it, Castlevania is on there.  Ironically, THAT'S the game that makes me think the list is fake.  A sequel to SOTN?  What would that be about?  That radio drama? If it's playable, did it start develope during LoS2?  On the 3DS, so will it be 2.5D since supposedly 2D is 'unlikely'? And if they were making this, why not include IGA?  He obviously knows nothing about it and it sounds like he left because they wouldn't let him do more Metroidvania.  Did they just want to give someone else a chance at it, like with COTM?  Are they actually willing to go back to the old storyline after LoS? (Just how well DID those games do in Japan?). Or maybe it really is a game based on LoS's Alucard but they call it SOTN 2 in hopes to help it sell/give it a boost with older fans (I would cry if this is true, I'm joking about this happening!)

Sounds too good to be true, a Metroidvania AND a sequel to SOTN at that.  I want this to be real, damn it!  Damn hype, I'm going to be so disappointed when this isn't real.

If (big if) the game is real, if Konami wanted IGA to have no part of the game but wanted to ensure it stayed a secret and surprise for fans and E3, they may not have said anything to him about it. Maybe even flat out lied to him if the reason he left was because they had the seemingly no more Metroidvania attitude.  Maybe it was just they didn't want anymore IGA brand Metoidvania.

I'm guessing, if true, it may be a brand new story maybe, since that Alucard game was under IGA, right?  Or maybe just a revamped verison of it. Maybe it's just a placeholder name or something.

...Am I the only one that would have rather had a brand new game or a remake of the lesser appreciated titles? (Legends!  And it's a reboot so Sonia can fit or something.  Like she pulled a Slypha (SP?) and pretended to be a dude for a while or something.)  Or a sequel to another Castlevania game instead?  I love SOTN but does it really need a sequel?

Meh, save this argument if it proves to be real.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2014, 07:04:34 AM »
Actually, Pokken was trademarked by Nintendo and the Pokemon company recently, so that game may be real.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:07:53 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Kamirine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2014, 07:09:59 AM »
Actually, Pokken was trademarked by Nintendo and the Pokemon company recently, so that's an actual thing.

Oh!  Well hell, lol! Nevermind what I said about that then!  Except thinking the name sounds stupid.  I still think that.  A might seriously buy that game though.  I love Tekken and if BN is making it, could be fun.

Refuse to get my hopes up about SOTN 2 though.  The disappointment would hurt too much, lol.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:13:04 AM by Kamirine »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2014, 07:13:08 AM »
as the old saying goes, "the best lies are blended with some truth"

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2014, 08:45:56 AM »
God of War 4 seems to be listed -- a pretty unlikely release, given the PS4 Ascension rumors of late.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »
Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to be that Alucard game (whether this scan is real or not), which I'm willing to bet was in development Hell all this time up until now.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2014, 09:11:59 AM »
Castlevania games always leak before they're announced too. I don't think there has been a single Castlevania game in recent years that hasn't been announced without it being spoiled beforehand it's coming.

If SotN 2 is real I wonder who will be developing it, no way Konami is gonna do it in house. Very likely it will be 2.5D as well.

Offline Kamirine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »
Wouldn't Konami have to put in for a patent/trademark/something or other for the game?  I've seen some games get leaked due to that being found prior to the game's announcement.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
Wouldn't Konami have to put in for a patent/trademark/something or other for the game?

Yeah. That's how we found about hodespair, OoE, Judgment, etc.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 11:26:11 AM »
That must be bullshit. Xenogears: Origins at the Nintendo conference? There is no way that a game that bombed would get a prequel 16 years later.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Tags: