Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.  (Read 97357 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
LoS is/was designed for home consoles because it's spectacular (music, graphisms, etc.)

IGA's games were more minimalist (not in a negative way), so they worked for handled.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2014, 02:25:57 PM »
http://gameotakublog.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/leaked-nintendo-digital-event-2014/

There's that other list I was talking about.  It focuses on what the E3 Nintendo Direct will showcase.  No Castlevania, but then again, no Sonic Boom (which we know will be at E3, if not Nintendo's Direct) or other 3rd Party. 

Oddly...it does match up with the list of games that will be show floor demoed.  Even the description of the Zelda game sounds like it could match the game's supposed title. And the Xeno game is still there, just as Xeno World instead.

All rumor naturally, but make of it as you wish.  I'm still holding my breath until I get more proof.

Hmm, seems like Shard of Nightmare might actually be legit. Some guy who supposedly leaked Skyward Sword artwork now posted a picture of some artwork with the logo. Could still be fake, though.

Either a few people/or a person is going though a lot of trouble to make that rumored list true, or it might...actually be...true...? It never sounded that far fetched and if that link is right Rine, that confirms my thoughts on the Xeno: it was just the wrong name. Might be the case with Castlevania as well.

As for IGA, screw it, I'll say it: he wouldn't know if no one told him.  He doesn't work for Konami anymore so they don't have to tell him either.  I'd be more satisfied if a spokesperson from Konami actually said there was no game in the works.  And they've been quiet. My skeptical hope, foolish as it may be, stands firm.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2014, 02:27:09 PM »
+1
Hmm, seems like Shard of Nightmare might actually be legit. Some guy who supposedly leaked Skyward Sword artwork now posted a picture of some artwork with the logo. Could still be fake, though.

Don't you dare start getting my hopes up again, lol.  But yeah, the name matched that summary link and now this.  It would be our luck that everything on that list is true EXCEPT for SOTN2.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2014, 11:14:40 PM »
+2
Hey hey, maybe the SOTN2 placeholder is a market analysis tool devised by someone to look into how much hype SOTN2 would generate across the interwebs.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2014, 05:04:40 AM »
Is there any precedent for that, though? I mean if they wanted to see hype, they would have had proof already with IGA leaving Konami to make his own Metroidvanias.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2014, 05:22:01 AM »
Now most of the games on this chart got an official announcement could this be real too ? not to get my hopes up .. just saying

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2014, 05:27:11 AM »
Is there any precedent for that, though? I mean if they wanted to see hype, they would have had proof already with IGA leaving Konami to make his own Metroidvanias.

Well, in market studies, the more proof you have, the better.
And this helps separate IGA, the human, from Castlevania, the game.

Besides they can always argue that IGA was just given publicity because he is the newest high profile game designer who left a big japanese company after Inafune.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2014, 07:56:02 AM »
Well, what about the rumored information that Bergaron here has given, from a friend of him that he's working on Mercury, that another team was making a new Castlevania game and that, that team was asking about technical information from the team that has made Mirror of Fate for the 3DS?

Where is Bergaron, can he ask his friend for any info?

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6228.0.html

Me: and the next, Is it 2D? For what formats?

He: All I know is technical, was in the working document that we received. I can tell you that will be released for portable platforms, whether it will be in 2D or 2.5D was not yet decided, will depend on the team that take the project, but I can tell you that they really liked the graphics of MoF. said nothing about it to be a Japanese team, particularly I think so, because after a game for the West now seek other to the east.

Me: Also released in Vita?

He: In the worksheet put 3DS, Vita, iOS, Android, want to seize all platforms. They do it in the Vita for the Japanese market, the next castlevania is intended primarily Japanese market, and vita is enough important in Japan (not in America / Europe).

Me: And when going out?

He: I do not know the team that gave it, Hahaha, but we were asked MoF technical material for quite some time. I think they are working on it now. if I had to go for a date ... pufff, I think the end of next year it could be perfectly ready.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:04:51 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »
Wait. "primary Japanese market". Does that mean that it will only come out in Japan? Please tell me that isn't the case.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2014, 08:49:56 AM »
I will not get my hopes up until the new Zelda game is confirmed to be titled Shard of
Nightmare

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
+1
>aimed at the japanese market
>all mobile platforms, including phones

oh man, get ready for shovelware phonevania
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »
I just want an any-vania until the next "Vania"

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »
>aimed at the japanese market
>all mobile platforms, including phones

oh man, get ready for shovelware phonevania

Could be 3DS/Vita made primarily, but a watered down version hits the iOS/Android markets. 

If it's aimed at the Japanese market, I think we're headed back to anime (possibly beautiful) artwork, maybe even story cues.

Wait. "primary Japanese market". Does that mean that it will only come out in Japan? Please tell me that isn't the case.

No, I think it just means the game will be tailored to cater more to that fan base.  As said, maybe artwork wise, culture and story cue wise.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »
Halo 5 confirmed as legit, but that could have been an easy guess.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »

That will never happen anymore. Castlevania has more fans in the west and its still quite niche in Japan. Making it Japanese now after LoS saga is bad look for them.

Tags:

anything