Poll

Do you want future Castlevania game with 2D o 3D gameplay?

2D
21 (51.2%)
3D
20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?  (Read 28696 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
I want both 2D and 3D for Castlevania. After Lords of Shadow I will probably wanna play a new 2D game just to mix things up. Or maybe I'll like LoS so much that I want another 3D one straight away.. dunno. Point is, I want Castlevania to do both styles and not get caught in either pixel nostalgia nor 3D hype.. Give us BOTH, and do it well.

QFT

Offline TheHighlander

• Awards
Re: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »
Honestly, after just beating rebirth and another playthrough of DXC, not to mention all the metroidvanias on nintendo handhelds, I know castlevania can not just work in 2d but also provide a wide variety of engaging playstyles. However after being baited on a line for all these years I think it's time to prove the series worth in 3d. CV64 nailed the atmosphere but forsake the controls, LOI sounded beautiful but lacked a proper game to back it up. Long story short coming from a long time lurker first time poster, people around my campus, friends, even some of my family members who used to play SCIV back in the day are excited for the next entry, and thats something i can say that really makes me smile. Thanks everyone!
Scootin And Rootin

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »
Konami should make a Castlevania game like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXycBv3Rlk&feature=player_embedded

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »
Watching Simon run around with a bubble shield would be kinda silly =p

But yeah, that looks way more polished than Sonic 4. I was gonna make a topic about that vid in the gaming section.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »
Konami should make a Castlevania game like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxXycBv3Rlk&feature=player_embedded

I agree, but with new elements added in there : levels / bosses / secret passages / enemies. I do not want exact replics of old games just in 2,5D or 3D. If it's just that kind of conversion, gamers who know their old games perfectly, will have nothing new to learn = bad experience (example : DXC, except the Hydra Boss and Final Dracula).

Offline atebit80

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2010, 11:28:16 AM »
I wouldnt mind DXC ported over to a console in HD, or an entirely new game. I think 2.5D is the way to go, Castlevania 64 was pretty cool but this series is not the same in 3D. One thing i'd like is a return to the darker elements of the game, im tired of this anime stuff. No metroidvania or anything to do with cards, or hit points. A side scroller with a soundtrack to rival CV IV or Rondo, multiple paths, endings, a Belmont! Set it in Transylvania, not in future Japan! Pretty much bring us the classic Castlevania we all love in full HD. I wouldnt even mind a full redo of Simons Quest, there could be a lot of improvements to that game

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »
I am the wind...I am the sun...then one day we'll all be one....

LOL

BARF!

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
I am the wind...I am the sun...then one day we'll all be one....

LOL

BARF!

I can send you the entire song if you love it.

;)

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:49 PM »
I can send you the entire song if you love it.

;)

OH GOD NO, please.....LOL

I just got done revisiting an old quest to grab drop items, you know, then arrived at this....

So painful I had blocked it from my mind as one of the very very few painful things about CV I have ever experienced.....Then the Kenny G-esque sax comes in....I wanted to cry.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2010, 11:55:16 PM »
OH GOD NO, please.....LOL

I just got done revisiting an old quest to grab drop items, you know, then arrived at this....

So painful I had blocked it from my mind as one of the very very few painful things about CV I have ever experienced.....Then the Kenny G-esque sax comes in....I wanted to cry.

Hey Pal, you're right ! That ending is a real shit, for sure

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
Hey Pal, you're right ! That ending is a real shit, for sure

Not to mention Konami was good enough to make it so you HAVE to sit all the way through the quasi romantic brutality in order to see your completion percentage.

Ha, in retrospect, I imagine Kratos pummeling the crap out of his family listening to that song as part of his godly service....lol.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
Are people having an easy time displaying Youtube videos?
I just added a forum plugin that is supposed to make the thing easy and painless.
Please let me know, guyz. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline AwkwardGamer

• CV Nut
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
2D Castlevania games are the best and always will the best. Now I'm not saying that LoI and CoD were bad, they just weren't as good as their 2D counterparts :)
Come on by to my YouTube Channel for Castlevania walkthroughs and much more!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ermac101?feature=mhum

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
2D Castlevania games are the best and always will the best. Now I'm not saying that LoI and CoD were bad, they just weren't as good as their 2D counterparts :)

Agreed, but I think that maybe LoI and CoD were experiments in a way....

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »
LoI was the exparament. It was a failed exparament. So they tried again with CoD. Same thing happened, twice in a row: Failure. And they made it worse. :P

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: