Poll

Do you want future Castlevania game with 2D o 3D gameplay?

2D
21 (51.2%)
3D
20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?  (Read 28775 times)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:04:17 AM »
I am interested to see which kind of Castlevania games do fans on this board want and prefer to play. Of course, I am not talking about the 3D image (with 3D glasses), but about the gameplay dimensions. If you like both, you can vote which one would you prefer for the next CV game, that is yet to come in future.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »
It's really either for me, but after seeing how successful some games are in 3d, like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry, I think it's possible for CV to do as good. So I'd like to see a successful one.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »

I want both 2D and 3D for Castlevania. After Lords of Shadow I will probably wanna play a new 2D game just to mix things up. Or maybe I'll like LoS so much that I want another 3D one straight away.. dunno. Point is, I want Castlevania to do both styles and not get caught in either pixel nostalgia nor 3D hype.. Give us BOTH, and do it well.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:15:55 AM »
I actually like both, but I like 2D a little better.  Also, the 2.5D of DXC wasn't that bad either.  For me, it's really a question of side-scrolling or not.  The only problem I have with the existing 3D CVs is that the level design is way too repetitive.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »
If they do 2D gameplay, they should do a 2.5D game like DXC, only on a console.
They could also do it like the SUPER-AWESOME "Muramasa: The Demon Blade" and "Odin Sphere" titles.  Those are soooo beautiful.

If they do it in 3D, make it like Dante's Inferno... maybe not nearly as stylized as Bayonetta, but at times I was playing Dante's Inferno and I though "You know, if I squint really hard, this could totally be like a new Castlevania game" and when I was climbing ropes and swinging I though "Man, they should remake Belmonts' Revenge this way, it would be SO AWESOME".
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline RegalX7

• !?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:23:31 PM »
If there were a third "either way" option, I'd choose that. I've enjoyed both for different, but similar, reasons.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:25:18 PM by RegalX7 »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »
Where's the "both" option?

I just can't choose one dimension over the other, I want both 2D and 3D Castlevania games.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »
And, what about the "I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a dark priest." choice?
Behold my power and tremble

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »
I want both, but I choose 3D, seeing as there aren't that many CV games in that style. 2.5D would have to be more ideal for me, though, and I would love to see a remake of Simon's Quest or Dracula's Curse in that format.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »
+1
Both.
As long as game is good I don't care in how many dimensions it done.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »
I'd choose both too. But for me a good 3D CV game should be done in the style of the two 64 titles and not the LoI/CoD style. Also I think we could really use another 2.5D like DXC, but like George said "Put it on a console".

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 05:26:14 PM »
Nothing against 2D but Ive just grown tired of them over the past few years, I would prefer a few new 3D games that get the job done then perhaps revisit 2D some time in the future. Personally I just need a change.

Offline eTom

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 12:15:58 PM »
I voted 2D, as they're my favorites, but I enjoyed the 3D ones too!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »

They could also do it like the SUPER-AWESOME "Muramasa: The Demon Blade" and "Odin Sphere" titles.  Those are soooo beautiful.

Konami: BUT TAHT WOLD LIEK, COST MONEEZ :( I KNO LETS MAEK MGS6 INSTED

Cynicism aside, yeah, I'd like both 2D and 3D titles.

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »
SOTN proved 2D can still be epic.

But....

Next Gen platforms deserve this gaming legend perfected in 3D.

Tags:

anything