Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Cadence of Agony  (Read 27429 times)

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Cadence of Agony
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 07:21:16 PM »
In Reply To #15

Well then do something you think is better. That's the whole idea of leaving the game's artwork up to the community. That way I can get some options on what I'm going to use for the cart and for the manual and stuff.
-------------------
I'm a PC and I like cheeseburgers. Sometimes more than one.

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 11:39:42 PM »
In Reply To #16

NECROOOOBUUUUMMMMPPPPP!!!!

New HUD works

An idea for a new boss

The new logo

Possible intro level?

some enemy ideas.
-------------------

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 12:06:46 AM »
I like how you got the area name in the status bar like that.  Also the general look of the alchemy lab is good.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 04:18:28 AM »
We decided there should be an area in between the clock tower and Dracula, so here's what I've done so far for the Golden Hall
-------------------

Offline Nightwolf

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:01 PM »
Seems pretty good. Nice job :)

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 01:12:58 AM »
I can't really have a screenshot of this to show off, but I have a pretty big technical update. We're getting close to getting the vertical scrolling areas to scroll both up and down at the same time, which was otherwise impossible in the original game. In the original a screen could only scroll up, or down, never both. The only thing that needs fixed is that the candles and enemies disappear when they scroll off screen, once that's fixed though, that feature will be fully added in.
-------------------

Offline Beowulf

• Belmont Wanna-be
  • Hunter in Training
  • SOUL STEAL
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 07:27:47 PM »
so is this going to be like a nintendo Symphony of the Night? or just an original Castlevania classic? either way, it looks totally bad ass man! Cant wait to play it man!
Dear Konami. Where is my Castlevania?

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
looks badass, i love the 8-bit homebrew
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »
so is this going to be like a nintendo Symphony of the Night? or just an original Castlevania classic? either way, it looks totally bad ass man! Cant wait to play it man!
It's going to be like a Nintendo SotN basically. I mean some features are going to be majorly stripped down from the PSX title, such as weapons and inventory, but that's the idea.
-------------------

2D

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »
So are you still planning on getting carts made for this? May I ask how you're doing that, and how they'll be available? That's a freaking sweet idea.

Offline crims0nf0rtune

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »
Wow, just, wow. This is by far the best homebrew I've ever seen... (Especially for being on the NES).  I love how it's a Symphony style castle with no stages, and I heard some of the songs for this game, and I though Bloodlines sounded perfect.  Keep up the good work, and please, don't give up the project like so many good homebrew teams before you have done!

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 05:56:56 PM »
This looks so amazing!! I can't wait to get to play it! :D I'm very impressed! ^^

If I could find myself the spare time I might be able to do some conceptual artwork? Since I'm an illustrator. I'm willing to try at least ^^ This is one of my latest drawings - though it's not very Castlevania-ish.. :P
http://fc31.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/101/e/a/A_Girl_From_Within_by_kawanoshita.jpg

Offline bad_john

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »
This work is really interesting

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 08:17:21 AM »
Okay, here's a sample I made of some coneptual artwork for Alucards design. I tried making it a bit like his original outfit but also threw in a couple of new things.

It's merely a suggestion, just for the heck of it xP

Offline Dr. Mario

• A PC
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »
Before I make this quick update post, that concept art for Alucard's design is looking really nice! That's actually a lot like the sprite for him, except without a cape. You should totally drum up some artwork, you'd definitely be a front runner for the cover art. Now on with the update:

And now for a quick lil' double post, because we got two major things working. One I can show you, and the other you'll just have to take my word for it. Here's the one thing I can show to you and explain a bit.

Real time maps now work, along with character selection. There are going to be two map screens. A real time map, which shows the area of the castle that you are in, and uncovers as you enter a new screen, and then a full castle map. We haven't figured out how to handle that one yet, if it will just always show the entire castle, or if you have to get a map item to see part of it or what. It all depends on what the NES can handle. Each map screen will also have a selection menu. The real time map will have character selection, while the castle map will have your inventory. So on with some screenies of the real time map.

This is how the map will naturally appear when you're in a new area. The little red dot is your current position.

This is after you get the map item. The dark areas are parts of the map you haven't been to yet. The room with the dot is for "special" room types. Those would include things like shortcut rooms, special item rooms, and probably the merchant.

The other thing we finally got working is vertical scrolling areas. Before now those rooms could only scroll in one direction at a time, and even after we got it to scroll both ways, sprites and background data got all messed up, but now that doesn't happen any more. One plan we currently have is to also make rooms exitable from the top and bottom of the screen, so if there's a pit, it won't kill you, you'll just appear in the room below you.
-------------------

Tags: