Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is Iga washed up?  (Read 65623 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
That's huge-errific.
That'd be like Final Fight sized.  That'd be one helluva high-res CV with allowable zooming in and out, amirite?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »
Well... that's how an HD CV would be right? I mean, with something of that size, it would actually be HD.

Would be even better, if it was made using mainly vector lines, then converted for different resolutions.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 12:07:50 PM »
That's a lot of work though, it'd be like... beautiful background to match, and super-zoom capabilities.
I was HOPING Harmony of Despair would be as such.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »
Yea....... hope doesn't count for much >.> not these days.

You know though.... It probably woulnd't be too bad if you took old sprites and layer over them with vectors, instead of redrawing everything... Or maybe just make body parts and skeleton them in instead of having full sprites for every motion. It would make animations better too if you animate the bones correctly.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 12:13:09 PM by Kale »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »
yeah vector graphics with 2d bone animations would look sweet as hell and very very smooth. Itd be a lil harder to set up in the beginning but once it was done you could make any char and any animation easier and faster than makin each sprite

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2010, 02:03:44 PM »
That'd be Muramasa, to a degree.  The Marionette look.  When it comes out, it could be awesome.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »
I never really liked 2D bone animation. It would look smooth, but it wouldn't really be good animation.
But it's not like we're going to have a character as well-animated as SOTN Alucard again so.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »
I thought Soma's DoS sprite was the closest in quality compared to Alucard's. He had very smooth animations. Except his running animation looks very weird. Especially his arms.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »
Yeah, but that was only because Soma's sprite was based off of Alucard's. Looking at the animations that weren't based on Alucard, they were pretty bad in comparison. Soma's probably were the best out of the horrible DS protagonist sprites though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
I've always thought that Soma's animation in DoS was better the Alucard's due to the fact that Soma's arms move more realisticly and not the 'chugga-chugga' movement that Alucard's arms did.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2010, 06:55:36 PM »
I never really liked 2D bone animation. It would look smooth, but it wouldn't really be good animation.
But it's not like we're going to have a character as well-animated as SOTN Alucard again so.

That's the thing, you can actually combine the 2... Hell lot of work though. What I mean is have states for each body part. The big problem with bone animation is that, when you see them, it's only one picture being rotated on an axis, but... imagine if each bone had like 7 different states.

Example would be the body facing left, and a state for each turn animation as he turns right. (7 is just an arbitrary number I came up with) but it would be hard to implement. I don't think I've ever really seen this implemented though. Closest thing I know of is just 2 characters with the same bone animation, but one state is one character and the other being the other character. Ryu and Ken would work, since they have pretty much the same moves.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2010, 07:01:13 PM »
I don't understand why Iga won't make a 2.5D Metroidvania and release it on consoles. To me that seems like the next best thing for him to do.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »
I don't understand why Iga won't make a 2.5D Metroidvania and release it on consoles. To me that seems like the next best thing for him to do.
He can't make new sprites for handeld, do you believe he will make HD sprites? EVEN 3D MODELS?? hahahahahahaha   ;)

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2010, 07:06:09 PM »
Well, there was DXC b-but that was outsourced. IGA should outsource that company again!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »
Well, there was DXC b-but that was outsourced. IGA should outsource that company again!
I was just about to post this. This is possible, yes?

Tags: