Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is Iga washed up?  (Read 65580 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »
Or maybe it's not IGA's decision to make. It could be that Konami simply doesn't believe a full-fledged 2D "consolevania" would sell.

IGA's been asked about making a console cv game for years now & he's always dodged the question with statements like "if the fans demand it, then maybe (laughs)"

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Is Iga washed up?
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »
In Reply To #81,Only 7 posts deep and you're already sounding like an idiot. I'm gonna enjoy ripping your "points" to pieces.

Being treated like a baby is a very funny thing, really.

Excuse me, but you don't have to attack new members this way. I'm quite estonished there's no Moderator or Administrator to tell you to keep your tongue. I never treated you, did I ? Even with 1 million posts. I don't have ANY lessons to receive from you, Crisis. You don't know me, OK ? And if I was a Castlevania maniac since 20 years ? And if I know this series by heart, each episode, each corner, each enemy, each music, each trap, each secret passage ? And if I have 1700 posts on another Castlevania forum, what do you say ?

(PS : congratulations Jorge for your 10000 posts !!! hurray !)

Sorry Crisis, but I don't have to explain who I am and how I love Castlevania. It's because of that : my love to Castlevania that I despise the series actually, because it's NOT Castlevania. What does Legends and LOI have in common ? Absolutely nothing. Oh, excuse me, a strange hairy man came and said "Legends doesn't exists". And what ? COTM, Reinhardt Schneider, etc etc....all non-IGA-games are poor pathetic games unable to exists in his mind. THIS, this is crazy. Regarding the games he offers us since a decade, I would like to say : please go for a walk, you hairy man (I say that but I'm hairy too).

To resume what I think : yes, I'm new on this Castlevania forum. And what ? So I don't deserve any respect ? Maybe I think differently from the Mass People, who treat and think of IGA like a God. That's not my case, everyone guess it, but I can offer 10 pages of arguments to tell you what's wrong with all his games.

If you're ready to open your eyes, and have an interesting discussion instead of insulting me (idiot isn't very a kind adjective Crisis), so I'm OK to explain you whatever you want. And it's not only me, but ARMIES of old-true fans who don't regognize their loving-franchise anymore.

Well, I need to go to sleep, and thanks again for the good laugh with your strange and totally useless attacks towards me.

Jorge, please if you read that : I can also came back from where I was, and let all your community in peace. I didn't want to cause any problems. If the members here in Dungeon just want to glorify any new Castlevania and IGA and attack and insult all new members, well, I can let you alone. Not a problem for me.

Offline RegalX7

• !?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »
Jorge, please if you read that : I can also came back from where I was, and let all your community in peace. I didn't want to cause any problems. If the members here in Dungeon just want to glorify any new Castlevania and IGA and attack and insult all new members, well, I can let you alone. Not a problem for me.

What, are you threatening the community?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:01:16 AM by RegalX7 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
In Reply To #106,

Dude, if you can't take the heat then get outta the kitchen. I even said "welcome to the forums!" and I meant that. I don't treat new members like idiots, and if I did, I wouldn't know because they've never said anything.

IGA never said "Legends doesn't exist." It's just not the official origin story anymore. You can still play it & pretend it is, though. When you say statements like "this & that aren't true CV games because a hairy man made them," it just makes you look foolish and no one is going to take your opinions seriously, trust me. When you say statements like "Since 2002, all Castlevania are spin-off games, which shouldn't be included into the series," then follow up with "That's not only my point of view, that's just the reality," you're setting yourself up for a plethora of responses, whether you agree with them or not. I'm just working with what you give me.

Where did you get the idea that the "mass people" treat IGA as a God? Certainly not here. Maybe gamefaqs or some place. And for all the 10 pages of arguements you can offer about what's wrong with his games, there will always be people like me that will refute what you say. Deal with it.

If there is in fact ARMIES of "fans" that don't recognize Castlevania anymore, then maybe they should stop playing & find another series to follow, it's that simple. Besides, you can't speak for anyone else, so you don't know if there's ARMIES, or just 10-20 people.

IGA probably knows a hell of a lot more about Castlevania than you, or any of us. He's been with Konami for 20+ years. If you want an apology, then I'm sorry if I made you feel stupid.

EDIT: Sweet dreams  :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:22:20 PM by Crisis »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:31 PM »
While I do agree that people should respect themselves in the forums, the phrase 'you are sounding foolish' is so often brought out in arguments that by now I do not even consider it enough of an insult for me to intervene.

We DO have a "Report this post to a moderator" function, I believe.  And yet how many times I actually get a message saying a post was reported?  Never.  The moderation are not babysitters to be sitting at the beck and call of everyone who's slightly hurt over something trivial, for 24 hours a day.  We do have other things to do.

In the future, if you or anyone has a problem with what a forumgoer says, PLEASE use that function, or PM the pertinent moderators (LBPHeretic, Bloodreign, Ralph, and I are the most active ones, as far as I know).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »
In Reply To #106,

Dude, if you can't take the heat then get outta the kitchen. I even said "welcome to the forums!" and I meant that. I don't treat new members like idiots, and if I did, I wouldn't know because they've never said anything.

IGA never said "Legends doesn't exist." It's just not the official origin story anymore. You can still play it & pretend it is, though. When you say statements like "this & that aren't true CV games because a hairy man made them," it just makes you look foolish and no one is going to take your opinions seriously, trust me. When you say statements like "Since 2002, all Castlevania are spin-off games, which shouldn't be included into the series," then follow up with "That's not only my point of view, that's just the reality," you're setting yourself up for a plethora of responses, whether you agree with them or not. I'm just working with what you give me.

Where did you get the idea that the "mass people" treat IGA as a God? Certainly not here. Maybe gamefaqs or some place. And for all the 10 pages of arguements you can offer about what's wrong with his games, there will always be people like me that will refute what you say. Deal with it.

If there is in fact ARMIES of "fans" that don't recognize Castlevania anymore, then maybe they should stop playing & find another series to follow, it's that simple. Besides, you can't speak for anyone else, so you don't know if there's ARMIES, or just 10-20 people.

IGA probably knows a hell of a lot more about Castlevania than you, or any of us. He's been with Konami for 20+ years. If you want an apology, then I'm sorry if I made you feel stupid.

EDIT: Sweet dreams  :P

Hey Crisis,

Please accept my apologies, I was very busy with Gamescom and hadn't a chance to answer you sooner.

Let's go :

- I say there're armies of fans of Castlevania who decided to quit this series because it's the case. It's obvious they don't want to speak about that anymore, because they decide to do other things that buying and talking about wrong-path Castlevania. I'm one of them, although I still try to open some closed eyes ;)

Awful "Projects" like Pachislot 1 & 2, Judgment, Despair.... accelerate this matter of fact. Poor sales, poor rates, poor critics.... Actual Castlevania is not Castlevania anymore, but you can try to convince me that's the case and that Judgment as something in common with great entrys like Super Castlevania IV.

- About Spin-off, it's just what I think. A totally changed-formula compared to Castlevania, pretty awful storyline, ultra-easy games, redefinition of what is a Morris (who were kinda Belmonts until IGA decided to create another thing), some good ideas like Devil ForgeMasters totally missed, this and many other make the games dull and hardly-related to Castlevania-games before IGA.

- IGA knows a lot of thing ? I don't think so. I'm sure a man like Dave Cox knows very well the series, but honestly, I read hundred interview of Koji Igarashi, and he's very limited speaking with Castlevania. Not only because of the difficulty of the tongue, because even with Japanese translations, it's rather short and imprecise when he answers the questions. Fans who play the series since several decade have nothing to learn from man like him, who only repeats himself with same games and same sprites....

- I'm pleased to know other people can refute what's said. Fair enough. You guess I'll do the same, maybe with more arguments to explain my point of view. You can always disagree you're free, dude.

- I never felt stupid, I don't know what you said who makes me feel idiot. Repeats inconsistant attacks are useless, for sure.

That's all folks ! See you

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »
That's great. Maybe you'll feel more at home here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/952494-castlevania-lords-of-shadow

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2010, 02:27:57 PM »
Can you explain me about this gamefaq forum ? I don't have time to read it (I would like to concentrate myself on Dungeon first, and that's a lot to read). Thanks !

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »
I was pretty happy about affinity leaving, but now there's an equally annoying user to take his place. Fucking typical.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2010, 07:23:30 PM »
There will always be a member to rise up and disturb the balance, where one has been banned or left. This is because there is no shortage of people with terrible opinions on the internet.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2010, 07:47:01 PM »
LOL this coming from UZO... is particularly ironic. :P :P :P
I kid, I kid the forumgoer, I do. :P :P :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
So much for washing up IGA, now it's all about washing up other memebers of the dungeon.  :-\

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »
I want to see what IGA can do with a giant budget, just once. Sure it would be risky, but that's what would make it fun!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2010, 02:45:44 AM »
I want to see what IGA can do with a giant budget, just once. Sure it would be risky, but that's what would make it fun!

Actually, I would, too. I'd like to see what he'd be able to do with more resources, and see if it's him or the budget to blame.

Probably a little bit of both, though. I think a good budget would make his games more complete, but I bet he'd still have good-but-poorly-executed concepts.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2010, 04:24:59 AM »
A giant budget for IGA would be useless. He already has a lot of money to do his games, but he prefers to pay Huge amount to Yamane and Kojima (or Obata^^) to be sure all his fanboys would buy the game.

We have to trust his own words when he says he doesn't have a big budget to make his games. And why would this be the truth ? He and his team developped Lament of Innocence during several years. The result ? We all know it. Infinite repetitive and empty corridors, then hack'n slash rooms to open next useless corridors, next new Fight room, next big corridors....

We can point a lack of genious here, not a lack of budget.
Level design, story, gameplay, as creators we don't much money to define good things on these points.

I don't speak about lengh, graphics or music --> to improve them, for sure, the producer needs a lot of money and a talented crew. But on these 3 points, we can say LOI is quite OK. The biggest problem is not about LOI's graphics, but with the interest and fun factor of the product.

I want to add something : LOI had got the biggest Promo and communication budget in the entire series. Far beyond old entries like Super Castlevania IV, which were super-sales in the entire world. Game shows, adverts, calendars, Artbook, Postcards, Phonecards, plenty promo items given on Game shows, numerous Guide Books, a lot of Posters, OST, Special versions, all these promotional items and this enormous mass of dollars for a mediocre game developped during years. To promote his last game, Igarashi even paid a japanese superstar dressed in Leon to make adverts on TV, postcard and posters. Ridiculous, really.

So : stop saying Igarashi doesn't have any budget, first that's not an excuse, and then it's not even the truth.

Finally, if this man at the head of the franchise complains about the budget, it's really funny, because as Producer, he IS the one whose very first task and duty is to gather funds and make the editor and banks trust his project. If he doesn't manage to gather enough funds to develop his game, this is because the financial actors doesn't trust him enough and what he's doing.

Tags: