Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is Iga washed up?  (Read 65621 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2010, 04:37:07 AM »
I don't think Yamane is all that expensive, or even Kojima considering the quality of the games that don't have her art compared to games that do tend to have the same quality of budget. And if anything, I prefer the Kojima-drawn GBA titles to anything the Kojima-less DS titles have to offer.
I honestly really think that they had faith in LoI though. It was actually quite well-received by the press too and all. If anything, it was a moderate success, at least until time passed on. I heard somewhere that it was intended to be a fully fledged dungeon crawler, but then some higher ups decided to make IGA have exploration in the game. Probably doesn't excuse the level design as a whole, but I imagine it would've been a bit more bearable. Now Curse was an actual budget drain.

Offline Sillek

• Early Bird
    • Awards
Re: Is Iga washed up?
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2010, 05:33:30 AM »
I'm not sure whether Iga is washed up or not. OoE seemed to me to be a step in the right direction. More difficulty, less anime, etc. With HD, eh.

I really think he could go either way at this point. If I'm going to fully support him, he'll have to make a Julius game for when he sealed Dracula away. That would be hella fun.
Yawn~

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2010, 06:22:48 AM »
+1
At this point I think, he will not create 1999 CV game.
He said - they afraid that anything that they can create will not live up to fans dreams.
It's rare, but I'm agree with him. Fans expectation for this game are humoungous. One mistake and they will hate IGA to the end of the days.
So it's easier for him to create some another non-Belmont related CV about sorceress or anime kids. At least expectations for this titles will not be so high. Especially given his previous trek record.

Though maybe after IGA's departure, someone other will be brave enough to do it.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2010, 06:54:36 AM »
If you consider that every Castlevania game after 2001 is Spin-Off to the series, nobody will try to create this strange game 1999, simply because it's just a story created by Iga and existing in Iga's spirit. Some fans would like to have this story, but for many other...who care ? Fighting the Chaos in 2035 in a eclipse with a pale white haired japanese student who has a knife on him when he studies, is that really a good storyline ?

For the next Castlevania :
A simple story with Belmonts or Other Vampire Hunters VS Dracula and Evil forces --> that's all I want.

We had this storyline for Bloodlines, Castlevania, Chi no Rondo, The Adventure, Circle of the Moon... and they are all great games !

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »
**COMMENT EDITED BY MODERATION** "No flamebaiting."

I agree with Sumac, I don't think Iga will attempt the 1999 game soon either. Although he did say the game is all planned out "in his head," it might backfire & turn out not so great. But who knows.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:09:38 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2010, 06:57:26 AM »
I really do wonder if we'll ever get this 1999 game, ever.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »
I really do wonder if we'll ever get this 1999 game, ever.

I think the answer is pretty clear at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOI4XJecOc0
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:19:14 AM by Kingshango »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2010, 09:25:53 AM »
At this point I think, he will not create 1999 CV game.
He said - they afraid that anything that they can create will not live up to fans dreams.
It's rare, but I'm agree with him. Fans expectation for this game are humoungous. One mistake and they will hate IGA to the end of the days.
So it's easier for him to create some another non-Belmont related CV about sorceress or anime kids. At least expectations for this titles will not be so high. Especially given his previous trek record.

Though maybe after IGA's departure, someone other will be brave enough to do it.

Agreed. If anybody makes the 1999 game, I'd rather have it be somebody else. Considering it would star Julius Belmont, I'd prefer a more traditional Belmont approach which I have no proof that IGA can do, mostly considering Classicvania's are focused a lot on level design.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »
They might as well just scrap the 1999 idea then and make a traditional Castlevania on 3DS/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »
no, because a traditional castlevania won't sell. Haven't you been paying attention to Cox? CV is for the hardcore DMC/GoW crowd now!

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2010, 12:28:54 PM »
IGA should've made the 1999 game instead of DoS.
DoS was just... useless and mucked around with the story in the worst ways. Probably wouldn't have been as great as any of us would've wanted, but with time, the anticipation for it just rises and iga goes eep.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »
no, because a traditional castlevania won't sell. Haven't you been paying attention to Cox? CV is for the hardcore DMC/GoW crowd now!

Yeah, maybe. But what you call "hardcore crowd" is still a lot of people, regarding the success of Ninja Gaiden Titles, God of War titles, Devil May Cry titles, Curse of darkness.....hep, sorry !

8)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »

If anything Cox is saying just the opposite, he merely believes that his route is a natural 3D evolution to traditional Castlevania.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »
Dave Cox has said that CV has put itself in a small niche, so they must radically change everything to get the Ninja Gaiden/DMC/etc. players into CV. But then again he's always contradicting himself so maybe he did say the opposite at one point.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2010, 06:15:29 PM »
I'm not sure whether Iga is washed up or not. OoE seemed to me to be a step in the right direction. More difficulty, less anime, etc. With HD, eh.

you forgot to mention about how he brought in a woman protagonest for the first time which is against his personal beliefs. But I guess that can filed in the etc. section.  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: