Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game  (Read 61150 times)

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« on: October 31, 2007, 05:37:15 AM »
I'm programming a brand new Dracula X chapter in which Maria is the main character! Yeah, she finally has her own game. :D I'm counting to release it for the Playstation system, but I might also port it to DirectX some day. The story is still a secret, but I can tell you it takes place a few months before SOTN. I hypnotized that Maria was on a journey for training in that period.

The game structure should be a mixture of the old school Castlevania (the first 2 areas) and SOTN (the castle). Programming is still in the early stages, so only a few things work fine so far, but I guess I will be able to show soon some actual maps, once the global editor is ready to go. Speaking of which, I'm looking for collaborators (the actual purpose of this topic :P). I need somebody proficient with English (for the dialogues), a really good mapper, a pixel artist for new monsters (most of them will be recycled from Castlevania, in perfect Iga style :D) and other graphical elements (like Maria's sprites), and someone good at remixing soundtracks.

An ugly 3D tower in the back and a still incomplete underwater effect:

Some random menus with a SOTN flavour:

PS: Sorry for posting it both here and in the "mirror" forum, but I wasn't sure which of the two was the alive one. :P

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 07:19:27 AM »
looks cool.

Valius

Re: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:33:27 AM »
Wow Hello Gemini, its nice to see a new Castlevania project in the works and set to release on the Playstation system no less. I certainly don't qualify in any of those job that your offering but I'm certainly interested in the development of this project. Its good to see Maria staring in her very own Castlevania game. The screen shots look interesting so are you plaining on have equipment for maria like Alucard had in SOTN?
Anyway please keep us updated as things develop.

Valius

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:46:40 AM »
In Reply To #1

This is awesome work!! Keep up the good work!!

Also very nice graphics and intresting menu.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 11:14:15 PM »
Nice.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 07:44:33 AM »
Nice. I really like the background!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 11:53:35 AM »
Looks like pixel artists aren't around when you need one...

The screen shots look interesting so are you plaining on have equipment for maria like Alucard had in SOTN?

Does this screen count as an answer? :D

Quote from: Rugal
Nice. I really like the background!
I ripped it from SOTN, like almost everything else. xD

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 03:16:59 PM »
In Reply To #7

You can use my portraits if you want.
As for sprites, I've not done any in a loooong while, and there are better artists than me in here that'd do a bettar jorb.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

mgfcortez

Re: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 09:28:52 PM »
you could use her new sotn sprites two ;D
good old serio riped them from dxc here's his site.

http://serio.i-xcell.com/cvrips/

click the ( :( ) it took me awile the first time i found the site to find that was the way in.lol
then she under sotn sprites:)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »
you're not suppose to say that. Thats the point of Serio's rant.

EDIT: Not point, i mean...... whatever...

anyway, Great looking game so far. What program? seems like you're using like gm or something.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:17:16 PM by Kale »

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 02:51:14 AM »
You can use my portraits if you want.
The style is way too different from the original artworks by Ayami Kojima (menu portrait is an example). Thanks anyway.

you could use her new sotn sprites two ;D
good old serio riped them from dxc here's his site.

http://serio.i-xcell.com/cvrips/
I have already a complete rip made by myself. It was done before Serio's and includes all of her new subweapons, so I don't really need it. ;)

anyway, Great looking game so far. What program? seems like you're using like gm or something.
Program for what? Is GM supposed to mean Game Maker? If that's the case, please read the first message better. It clearly says it's done from scratch for the Playstation.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 03:08:51 AM »
Yeah, I made my rip only because Gemini's at the time was missing around 1/6 of the sprites. Since then he got the rest of them and extracted the subweapon graphic, which I couldn't do since they're compressed.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 04:35:04 AM »
Yeah, I made my rip only because Gemini's at the time was missing around 1/6 of the sprites.
1/6? They were only 6 sprites out of 116. xD

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 04:56:29 AM »
gonna go for a combo 2d with some 3d visuals like sotn, or jsut emulate it slightly? it looks good tho, get a small team together and it'll fly
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 06:32:40 AM »
It's gonna be like SOTN and POR, i.e. 2D with some 3D effects when necessary, like the 3D clock tower in the background on screenshots 1 and 2, or skeletal-animated monsters such as Treant or Iron Golem.

As for the team, the problem is I don't when/if it is going to happen. ;_; I haven't received any pixel artist offer so far and all the musicians offered and then ran away.

Tags:

anything