Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED! I bet you thought I had quit? ;)  (Read 261944 times)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Guess I worded it wrong, It was supposed to be a suggestion (I hope you would take suggestions). My mistake.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Consider my aid in this project officially over then, since what you need is totally outside of my field. All I can do is pray for your success and say the norm stuff like "Nice job!" and "Keep up the good work!"  ;D

(Pssst. It's not like I did much anyway other than ask a question or two. :P)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:43:48 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Guess I worded it wrong, It was supposed to be a suggestion (I hope you would take suggestions). My mistake.

That was not just directed at you Pemburu; but EVERYONE who has a request and is not either:

a)Helping already, have helped me in the past, or offering to help

or

b)a personal friend (they know who they are).

Just wanted to make it clear to everyone, so no one feels like I am signaling them out. :)

Quote from: Claimh..... damn I can't even spell that. Lol
Consider my aid in this project officially over then, since what you need is totally outside of my field. All I can do is pray for your success and say the norm stuff like "Nice job!" and "Keep up the good work!"

Not at all true; from what I have seen you are an artist, and a talented one at that (unless I have you mixed up with someone else). And even if you weren't, if you can read and follow directions, there are many things that you could assist with.  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Um... from art... I can sprite. As far as actual art (as in drawings, etc.)... I can do that, but I've never posted anything online before. o.o

Well now that I think about it, if there's any simple graphics you need I could probably whip something up. ^^

Speaking of graphics... I epic failed in my attempt to get SotN Drac to snap. So much I didn't finish the sheet.

However, if you go by what you said (3-4 frame animation), then you can actually use frames 3, 4, 5 and 7 to get a 4 frame animation that looks decent. ^^ (Note I didn't put his arm on the side. I was gonna do that, but look at the arm in the last frame. Yeah...)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Speaking of graphics... I epic failed in my attempt to get SotN Drac to snap. So much I didn't finish the sheet.

What you might want to do first is look at how your hands work when you snap your fingers. Then when you think your got it down, emulate that into Dracula's hands (Yes they are small but if you keep the basic design in mind you should be able to pull it off with little or no trouble). Lastly you could also try using a star or glitter sprite on, near or surrounding his hand to help indicate that he has snapped his fingers.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
I was gonna include the star effect, yeah. Also, I snap my fingers differently than most people, the way I do looks rather weird. So I tried emulating it from memory.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
Um... from art... I can sprite. As far as actual art (as in drawings, etc.)... I can do that, but I've never posted anything online before. o.o

Well now that I think about it, if there's any simple graphics you need I could probably whip something up. ^^

Actually.... that is very, VERY good for a first attempt. And yeah, the idea of a quick star sprite as he snaps, is a VERY good one too and will make things easier for you.

I took that sheet and made some tweaks to it (fair warning: I am NOT an artist so don't laugh toooooo hard) and came up with a quick impression of how I would like it to look:

The first 4 frames are fine as is. For frames 5 & 6 you only need one of them, and the hand (arm too?) should be angle down slightly.

The resting arm doesn't even have to move (unless you want it to; but it is just extra work honestly), since it is supposed to look like dracula is putting no effort into the attack (he just snaps his fingers. Kind of like he is mocking you). But as you can see on the last 2 frames (which I hevaily toyed with), the moving arm,  the hand (it is totally f-ed, lol), the cape, and the arm itself are off some. If you want to improve on this, by all means go ahead since I DEFINITELY cannot do any better on it.  :-\

As for it being 3-4 frames, it can be more than that if you like. But I know how hard it is to make new frames on someone else's sprite, so I didn't want to ask for toooooo much.

If you need something to reference for snapping his fingers, look at this (since it seems that you included the hand from it above):

Keep in mind that the animation will be at a mediumfast speed, So unlike a slow one, the most important frames will be the last one, and the snapping 2. The rest will not be seen for more than a few ticks. :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:51:25 AM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
I think you're confusing ticks and frames. If it was a few ticks, you'd simply NOT see them.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
That was not just directed at you Pemburu; but EVERYONE who has a request and is not either:

a)Helping already, have helped me in the past, or offering to help

Guess I haven't helped you in the past, huh?

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I think you're confusing ticks and frames. If it was a few ticks, you'd simply NOT see them.

No, I am not. :) Most frames in SOTN last less than 10 ticks (1/60th of a second is a tick since it runs at 60 fps).

Time it sometime in comparison to a second.... you will notice that some enemies go thru 6 frames in a second. To the human eye, it's not as fast as you would think, even though it sounds quick.

Guess I haven't helped you in the past, huh?

In what way have you assisted me Pemburu? If I have forgotten something I do apologize, but I do not recall you assisting me.  :-[

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
In what way have you assisted me Pemburu? If I have forgotten something I do apologize, but I do not recall you assisting me.  :-[

Never mind, it was just a small help anyway. No need to apologize.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Each frame is NOT a tick, as each tick is a CPU clock pulse. Ticks are measures by CPU time, not actual time. Beyond that even, they're different for each CPU model.

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Each frame is NOT a tick, as each tick is a CPU clock pulse. Ticks are measures by CPU time, not actual time. Beyond that even, they're different for each CPU model.

I never said each frame was a tick; you really need to go back and reread my post Uzo. Though the term tick in itself may not be 100% correct, I was VERY detailed in what I meant by applying the term to SOTN. However, you like to nitpick and be a bit anal about insignificant things, which in this case would be terminology (even though my meaning is very clear). On that note, are you a woman by any chance? ;)

But to clarify for everyone else: for my data in reference to how long a "tick" is (which may have another technical name since what I am referring to is realistically 1/60th of a second in the game basically), it refers to the speed in SOTN at the native 60 fps.  Simply pull up the value I named timerticks and compare it to the debugger actions in PCSX; you will see that for something like x movement which writes to the value 3 times per step.... or tick as I call it, that each time the value in timerticks changes it gets written to 3 times again.

In fact, I use this "timerticks" value to make sure that my scripts in memhack sync up with the game itself speed and processing wise.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:37:13 PM by Esco »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Haha. It looks like Drac is flipping the bird in the last frame. XD

Sure. I can try fixing it up.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I never said each frame was a tick; you really need to go back and reread my post Uzo. Though the term tick in itself may not be 100% correct, I was VERY detailed in what I meant by applying the term to SOTN. However, you like to nitpick and be a bit anal about insignificant things, which in this case would be terminology (even though my meaning is very clear). On that note, are you a woman by any chance? ;)

But to clarify for everyone else: for my data in reference to how long a "tick" is (which may have another technical name since what I am referring to is realistically 1/60th of a second in the game basically), it refers to the speed in SOTN at the native 60 fps.  Simply pull up the value I named timerticks and compare it to the debugger actions in PCSX; you will see that for something like x movement which writes to the value 3 times per step.... or tick as I call it, that each time the value in timerticks changes it gets written to 3 times again.

In fact, I use this "timerticks" value to make sure that my scripts in memhack sync up with the game itself speed and processing wise.

That post is just overflowing with contradictions. I really don't know where to begin. By no means were any of your explanations clear, as you defined ticks as two different things in your previous post. Then you even admit you weren't even using the right terminology. You claim I'm nitpicking, cause you dont have your stuff together?

Sexist comments too? You have the class of a 3rd grader.

respect--;

Tags:

anything