Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Symphony of the night HACKED! I bet you thought I had quit? ;)  (Read 261996 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
well, after reading the FAQ, I wont play with maria (since the PSP maria Sucked compaired to OP maria in the saturn version)

anyways, I do have an Idea for a new area placement.

In the Library where you fight the Lesser demon there is a flat marked wall that I felt that some was supposed to be there, but forgotten. Bugged me for years.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
If you can rip them, I can provide you with an ISO of Dracula X Chronicles. That should be enough to rip the sounds/voices, right? (<----Has never ripped sounds from anything other than NSF files, so is n00b at that)

As for the FAQ, that answered quite a lot of the things I was wondering. Thank you for putting that up. ^.^
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If you can rip them, I can provide you with an ISO of Dracula X Chronicles. That should be enough to rip the sounds/voices, right? (<----Has never ripped sounds from anything other than NSF files, so is n00b at that)

As for the FAQ, that answered quite a lot of the things I was wondering. Thank you for putting that up. ^.^

I would be willing to look at it, but I have no clue how to rip stuff from it. Do you know of a site that has info for ripping stuff from it?
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
I have no idea of any sites, but I'm pretty sure you can find something if you Google it. I'll PM you the download link to the ISO.

Serio said once that PSound works with PSP ISOs, so I guess you could try that.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
You could always try Zophar's Domain. They have all sorts of utilities for emulators, graphics rips, sounds etc.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
I have no idea of any sites, but I'm pretty sure you can find something if you Google it. I'll PM you the download link to the ISO.

Serio said once that PSound works with PSP ISOs, so I guess you could try that.

Thanks for the iso..... I found a way to rip all of the NORMAL in game sounds. But the cutscene dialogue for the characters appears to be in at3 format under the XA folder. I tried about 10 different things (including converting some of the files to aa3 and playing them, but when converted to aa3 it just plays static in goldwave, and also getting the altrac3 codec and trying to just play them in several programs) but none of what I tried worked. I tried a ton of stuff for about 6 hours in fact, before I finally gave up.

However, if anyone here has a PSP (I don't have one) there is a simple way to convert it to wav using a simple tool, then just copy it off the memstick onto the pc. So I guess my next question is do we have anyone here with a PSP and DXC who could try this technique out for me?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:51:30 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
You don't need a PSP to do it. From what I heard, you can rip it using JPCSP emu with Sonicstage installed on your computer.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Well, the normal in-game sounds could be handy. You could probably replace a few from SotN, since some sound effects (name entry for example) were rather annoying. Is it possible to use the program with a PSP emulator? I've heard from tons of people that those emulators work really well, but... my computer can't run them.

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
You don't need a PSP to do it. From what I heard, you can rip it using JPCSP emu with Sonicstage installed on your computer.

I have the files on my pc already.... and I tried playing them in sonic stage. It will not work.

EDIT: My mistake, I misunderstood you... I am downloading the emulator now. What do I do after that?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:57:46 PM by Esco »

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Well, the normal in-game sounds could be handy. You could probably replace a few from SotN, since some sound effects (name entry for example) were rather annoying. Is it possible to use the program with a PSP emulator? I've heard from tons of people that those emulators work really well, but... my computer can't run them.

The gameplay voices are useless without the cut scene dialogue. And most other sounds don't need to be replaced.

P.S. Sorry about the double post Jorge.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
The gameplay voices are useless without the cut scene dialogue. And most other sounds don't need to be replaced.

P.S. Sorry about the double post Jorge.

Oh, you mean the in-game voices. I thought you meant sound effects. My bad. Well, did you try asking Serio? He might know something about it.

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Oh, you mean the in-game voices. I thought you meant sound effects. My bad. Well, did you try asking Serio? He might know something about it.

Been there done that months back; he doesn't have the cutscene dialogue either. Lol. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Another thing you could try is capturing a high quality (or high def, your choice) video of each cutscene and just ripping the sound from it.

Course, there's the problem with the scene with Death at the very beginning, since there's music playing in the back, though. But since each scene actually progresses on its own, my guess would be that its possible to use it.

So the question is: Will it work? And does anybody have the ability to record them?

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Another thing you could try is capturing a high quality (or high def, your choice) video of each cutscene and just ripping the sound from it.

Not an option: I cannot get the dialogue to play in jpcsc (though music works), and that is the only emulator that even plays DXC half descent. And it is still somewhat slow, and I have issues with the screen for the emulator turning black most of the time in SOTN.

Anyway.... I finally got SOTN to come up in jpcsp (using a save file I got from a site). I then managed to run the at3 to wav convertor in the emulator and try it on one of the at3 tracks from the game. But upon converting it all I get is DEAD silence (which is funny because I also get dead silence in the game when it comes to music and voices).

I tried downloading another CSO file from another site and get the same issue. I even tried playing the converted file in several audio programs and NOTHING works.

If anyone has any advice on this, feel free to post it here. Because otherwise I am done with this BS. It figures how I can access EVERY sound from all three main games on here, except the dialogue ones from SOTN. What a crock.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:36:54 AM by Esco »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Well, I can scout YouTube and attempt to find some high enough quality videos of the PSP SotN, and rip 'em from there, and run 'em by you to see if they're good enough. Course, YouTube (or almost any video streaming site) is known for lowering quality...

If you can't use those voices in the game, though, I'd be fine with it, even though I do prefer the PSP version voices. Oh yeah, the Dungeon main website has all the cutscene audio with their Japanese versions. All you'd need to do then is rip the Japanese grunts and such to put in-game, and then you can have two language options. I think. I dunno what more would need to be done.

Tags: