Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MASSIVE Castlevania based Minecraft map: Criswelvania. -- Now with more sequel!  (Read 26538 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I know we already have a Minecraft topic here, but this was so amazing it deserves it's own topic.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1034&t=213875

Criswelvania. An epic castlevania based map. This map is SERIOUSLY huge.

And that? All that? Thats not even all of it.

This fucker.
After you beat and 100% the whole map? Well get your shit ready, because he made an INVERTED CASTLE.
Thats fucking right. An in-fucking-verted castle in the nether.

All of you. check it out now.

Right now.

I would recommend some texture packs to play it with actually.
Either the
Wayukian pack

or any gothic/horror/dark packs.

You can play it with the regular pack, but its much better to play it with a better pack.

Seriously, play this shit. It's AMAZING.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:23:30 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: MASSIVE Castlevania based Minecraft map: Criswelvania. EPIC.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
yeah I saw that a month or so back on the minecraft forums. Damn lotta work. Im sure he used an editor or somethin and didnt build it all ingame by hand. As for textures Ive been workin on a SoTN based pack for a while now

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:23:55 PM »
It would be chronologically impossible to do this by hand. He would have to have spent about as much or MORE time than Minecraft has even existed.

But seriously, this map has blown my mind. I mean, WHOA.

BTW, easter egg. if you use the emergency entrance to get past the starting point, where all the ice and snow is, walk around a bit, and youll encounter the criswelvania logo.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Criswell

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »
Hey, wow!  ;D Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy to see true Castlevania fans enjoying my work!

I do apologize for the dates in the graveyard being more or less pulled out of my ass. ;) This will be corrected in a future release. An expansion/sequel is in the works!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
Speak of the devil...
Why hello there!

Yeah your map there is amazing.

Unfortunately, my Minecraft's terrible nether lag wont allow me to play through the inverted castle, but its still very fun!

My lag also forces me to play through the game proper with fog on. But thats ok, because a foggy demon castle is spookier.

MasterBelmont77

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »
Nice! Inverted Castle looks like Castlevania Harmony Of Dissonance!

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
This looks damn awsome...Never played minecraft but i think the time has come... haha ^^
Since im more into Terraria would be cool someone is going do make that for terraria =P
odenandout (seriously gonna play minecraft now..)
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
Well Terraria is basically like a 2D version of Minecraft so if you like it, you'll love minecraft.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 04:57:46 AM »
Well Terraria is basically like a 2D version of Minecraft so if you like it, you'll love minecraft.

yup, i know. but the reason why i didnt start with minecraft was just, i dont like java. it slows down my pc for any reason...
i started already with that genre with Clonk if this says anything to someone...
if not.. --->   http://www.clonk.de/classics.php?lng=en

back to topic...
I really enjoy that Criswelvania map. =) And im always sceptic to new things...very nice!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:00:17 AM by OdenAndEvil »
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 10:04:01 AM »
Well Criswellvania is a tough adventure map to start minecraft on, but it is possibly one of the best.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Get you shit reday for round 2 folks, because count Criswell has once again risen from his tomb, and its up to you to put him back down and show him who's boss.

So get your swords and fishing rods whips ready, cuz its about to get reeeal.

The new leg of your journey will begin with a quest to find the whereabouts of Pirate Captain Bart DaNasty, missing at sea for a year, presumed dead. Supposedly he found something strange in his journeys, something perhaps related to the sudden winter bearing down upon the lands around Criswelvania, more harsh than any in living memory. Can you solve the riddle? You will journey to strange new lands and need all of your resources, wits and experience to turn the Fangs of Winter.

Look forward to the next installment of Criswelvania with even more adventure and expanded storyline, coming this summer!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:22:25 PM by Flame »

Offline Criswell

• Awards
Sorry to bump an old topic but there's a major update to Criswelvania for Minecraft b1.8.1, get it here!

I can make a new thread if that's better.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Real cool to know about the update!

Looks like another playthrough  is in order!

By the way, I recall Notch switching around the sun and moon rising and setting direction really messed with Criswelvania. Did you ever find a solution to that?

Offline Criswell

• Awards
The Sun change occurred sometime during the 1.9 pre-releases, so if you're on 1.8.1 it's fine. It's not the end of the world if the Sun moves in the sky, but there is at least one sign that will be wrong if it stays that way. We'll see what happens with retail.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think I'd be pretty great for it.  But I'd need one of them unlimited build God-Mode deals to do so.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything