Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: least favorite character(s)  (Read 22519 times)

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:56 AM »
Probably Sonia Belmont.With her as first Belmont to slaughter Dracula, well, there is no Belmont in future. I'll  give to IGA about this one  :rollseyes:

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 02:06:22 AM »
St Germain, uhhhh yeah, that's 1.

Medusa heads, knocking you to your death since the late 1980's.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 04:59:08 AM »
I'll say Graham Jones, because i find him without personality. You simply meet with him 2 times and have some boring dialogues, before you fight him at the throne room. Even chaos sounds more interesting for me.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 03:08:09 AM »
can't say i have a least favorite.  the more obscure the character is, the more interested i am in details about them.

well, now that i think of it, i didn't really enjoy the surfer dude talk I had to listen to from Abram the healer in Order of Ecclesia and his bossy attitude.  i don't want to know what herbs he was smoking.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:10:59 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 07:21:55 AM »
I find Mina's presence in AoS to work out despite not doing anything. She's there just for the sake of Soma's story.

She gives Soma information, heals him, works as a confidante and motivator.  My least favorite character is probably... I dunno', probably Jonathan. Damsels in distress are fine with me, but his and Charlotte's unfunny anime hijinks aren't really welcome in this series for me. It's tough, though, because the writing of DoS and PoR just turns my stomach and it's from multiple characters.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
-Aeon from Judgement. I don't like his design (black lipstick yuck)
-Charlotte and Johnathan.Dumbest characters in CV.
-The bad guys from the Dos game(can't remember their names right now).They're  as dumb as Charlotte and Johnathan, but they're not the main characters so in a way it's ok for them to be dumb .
-Maria Renard. While she has some pretty cool abilities (especially in the saturn game), she's pretty dumb, or at least that's the feeling I got while reading her dialogs . And her voice, ugh. I know it's not her fault,it's the developers or the ones who translated the game, but I can't help it. I don't like her.
-Shaft. The guy doesn't want to die. You kill him in Rondo(twice) and he comes back as a spirit in SOTN. I was really disappointed by his battle. Plus he looks creepy. Poor Richter must have been traumatized after getting his mind violated by Shaft. No wonder he couldn't use the VK anymore  :D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »
I agree on Maria.

I always thought she was a bit of a WTF character. Fighting enemies with a 10-year-old girl who lauches dowes in one of the most gothic series? Seriously WTF. Even in SotN, she's pretty useless.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »
Hmm yeah she was pretty useless.
Of course they tried to make her more significant plot-wise by allowing her to give you the goggles item, and making her fall in love with Alucard, but other than that she's not that important. Since you don't fight her in the PSX port, they could have just gave you the item without having to go all down the secret room in the Marble Gallery and talk to her to get it. But i guess they HAD to do it that way .

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »
Maria- She just... ugh... I really don't like her for multiple reasons. First off, having a little kid being playable is fine in a not-so-serious game, but not in a game titled Rondo of BLOOD. >_>  Secondly her powers are completely out of place in a series that tries to call forth a western, gothic feel.  Thirdly... omg, she is so annoying... she's SO. ANNOYING.  Just about the only thing I've liked about her is her Bloody Tears attack in HoD.  And finally... I hate forced romance.  I hate it.  Ick, ick, ick.

Annette/Lydie/Mina/Sara Trantoul- can you guess why? :/  I find Mina to be particularly annoying for some reason.

Vincent Dorin- They should have just killed him and taken all his wares.

Sorrow game villains- All terrible.  Graham had potential but it was completely wasted. The idea of the villains in DoS being a group of cultists also had a lot of potential but they were pathetic and boring... and one thing I never understood is... are they just like a cult of three people? Did I miss something? Wtf? >_>

Offline capkcan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: least favorite character(s)
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »
I think simon belmont is the most retarded character in history!
One he whips bats

2he doesn't lift his feet ehen he walks
thee
very forgettable and another boring-ass design
for

Dont anwser the fone dumb ass

he's gay

dosen't know how to work computer

do not talk
9 he sucks
he's a ginger
11 useless twit

12He looks so... well, you see. The only thing I liked with him was the 'UUUAAARGGH' he screams at the beginning of the second battle in Drac's Castle.

Also, I don't know why but I don't like that much Alucard. Too overhype or something like this.
brothers
only 10 year olds thiks hes cool

]bad ass
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:53:40 PM by capkcan »

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 11:13:17 AM »
^^^
Wait. Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. Whaaaaaaaat?

But anyway, my least favorite would be, far and away, Isaac. He's so out of place that it isn't even funny. His character design is simply ridiculous. I liked him at first, but dear god, as time went on I grew to not be able to stand him at all. I just can't take him seriously. I think IGA just needed a (very) unlikely character who would sneak-attack Trevor for the thrill of it.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 12:00:02 PM »
Probably Sonia Belmont.With her as first Belmont to slaughter Dracula, well, there is no Belmont in future. I'll  give to IGA about this one

She had sex but never married therefor the Belmont name is still intact.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
SONIA WAS A HARLOT?!?! :P

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:40 PM »
Trevor Belmont was the messiah.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: least favorite character(s)
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 04:01:01 PM »
My least favorites:
  • Charlotte -- know-it-all bitch. only good for saving the sisters
  • Maria (RoB) -- should not have been a playable character. Dracula can't be beaten by cute animals.
  • Jonathon -- dumbass Belmont wannabe.
  • Yoko -- Pointless.  In AoS, she doesn't do anything aside from getting stabbed.  In DoS, she just runs that soul/weapon merge shop (did not like the concept).
Behold my power and tremble

Tags: