Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: least favorite character(s)  (Read 22520 times)

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 08:31:49 PM »

SONIA WAS A HARLOT?!?! :P

Her relations with Alucard happened when they were unmarried. I don't know what that means in Legends' timeframe.

The child was born after Legends. Since Alucard enters into his slumber after Sonia defeats him, if my calculations are correct, Sonia is pregnant throughout the entire course of Legends.

I'll say Graham Jones, because i find him without personality. You simply meet with him 2 times and have some boring dialogues, before you fight him at the throne room. Even chaos sounds more interesting for me.

I think Graham had a lot of potential that wasn't explored. I really was hoping to know more about him. Villians with religious overtones always intrigue me and creep me out, and let's face it, cults are creepy. There could have been a lot more development given his status as a cult leader, and a REALLY interesting backstory (perhaps his conducting mass suicides to raise the castle, telling his followers to kill people and the consequences that follow, etc. - creepy stuff like that.)

(Regarding Graham: Does his name come from the evangelists Billy Graham and Bob Jones, Sr.? I did know about Billy Graham, but Bob Jones was apparently a very effective Southern preacher as well...)
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 08:33:19 PM »
Dmitrii all the way.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:40 PM »
if my calculations are correct, Sonia is pregnant throughout the entire course of Legends.

That's some serious skill, not getting hit in the stomach while traveling to, trekking through, and destroying Castlevania.

Renewed respect for Sonia Belmont.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 02:49:27 AM »
I'm a little bit surprised at the dislike toward Isaac. I mean, I totally understand why some people wouldn't like him, and at first, I thought he was too extreme a character, but I grew to like him. He's got his own kind of dementia going on that is intriguing. Also, for what it's worth, his theme is gnarly and he's pretty fun to fight.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:02:15 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 07:53:26 AM »
Cornell - For one reason, I don't like his main attack. I just can't take it seriously, it's an energy wave ripped right out of DragonBall Z. Other werewolves in the series have shot energy waves, but I think its a stretch taken to give them an exciting attack. IMO they should have given him a spear that could shoot the energy once powered up or something.. and he should be able to do that werewolf ground punch, and have a button to dash.

and Basically any other character that destroys the game with an evil monologue about a master plan at the end.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 09:17:22 AM »
Cornell's energy wave is like DeeJay's "Max Out" or Jax's EnergyWave.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: least favorite character(s)
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 10:21:25 AM »
Johnathan and Charlotte. I don't hate their overall design(though it is a bit generic if you ask me), but their personalities are so paper thin and predictable. Plus what I hate about the two is that throughout the whole game, you learn more about Johnathan than you do for Charlotte other than that she is smart and hates being called a kid. Oh and Johnathan's little "No Problem" catch phrase made me cringe a bit every time he said it....
Edit: Oh and I am adding Dawn of Sorrow Hammer to my little list, mainly cuz' he came off to me as more of a creeper than he ever was in the last game.
Edit 2: And pretty much all of the new characters in DoS
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:25:13 AM by darkjak951 »
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 10:27:04 AM »
Oh, and Dario Bossi. At least I could laugh at Dmitrii a little bit. Dario was just pathetic and completely out of place.

They could've elaborated upon Celia WAY more.
tumblr

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:27 AM »
I'm a little bit surprised at the dislike toward Isaac. I mean, I totally understand why some people wouldn't like him, and at first, I thought he was too extreme a character, but I grew to like him. He's got his own kind of dementia going on that is intriguing. Also, for what it's worth, his theme is gnarly and he's pretty fun to fight.
I actually liked Isaac a lot, and I feel for him.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 04:15:27 AM »
Yeah, I don't feel it strange to have sympathy for the character, to a certain extent... unlike... Shaft, Graham, Elizabeth, Barlow, and so on. That's one of the things that makes him especially unique as a CV villain of that ilk to me. Although, I guess it's possible to feel a bit for Brauner.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »
Yeah, I don't feel it strange to have sympathy for the character, to a certain extent... unlike... Shaft, Graham, Elizabeth, Barlow, and so on. That's one of the things that makes him especially unique as a CV villain of that ilk to me. Although, I guess it's possible to feel a bit for Brauner.

I actually did feel terribly for Brauner at the end of PoR.
tumblr

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 06:33:12 AM »
I haven't played PoR all the way through yet, so I couldn't comment on Brauner.

At the end of Curse of Darkness, I was like "it's not supposed to turn out like this" when I saw what Death did to Isaac.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 06:58:53 AM »
Isaac is ineligible to be the least favourite anything just on the strength of his presentation alone. He's really brought to life by vivid facial expressions, as well as excellent body language and voice acting courtesy of Liam O'Brien. Unquestionably one of the best villains in the series. Also someone mentioned Rondo Maria, and to that I say bollocks. Bollocks, now and forever.

Uhhhhhh... everyone from the first two DS games spring to mind. Even if the concepts are salvageable like in, say, Brauner's case, the grim reality is that the inept dialogue and art style ruins any and all specks of mild quality in them. Skip, skip, skip. The cast of Lords is much the same. No one acts like a human being, and there is no logic to anything they do. I've never seen so many words used to convey so little. It's not visually exciting either; half the cast wears the boring Brotherhood get-up.

I have this unquenchable distaste for Joachim. I mean, sure, he's a glorified plot device but... guy's just really hateful to me. I'LL BEAT YOU... TO A PULP. It's bizarre, because he's also voiced by O'Brien. Oh well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »
I have this unquenchable distaste for Joachim. I mean, sure, he's a glorified plot device but... guy's just really hateful to me. I'LL BEAT YOU... TO A PULP. It's bizarre, because he's also voiced by O'Brien. Oh well.

Did it have to do with his badly written dialog? :P

Joachim's cool. If you don't count how much of a pussy he sounded like in his introduction cutscene and how retarded he looked in the next one. He didn't look like he was in pain, he looked like he needed to have a shite. XD But if they actually showed more Joachim, like his past about his rebellion against Walter and all that, and MAYBE didn't kill him off so stupidly... and MAYBE got the idea that Leon could've let him out and together they could take down Walter...

MAYBE Joachim would be cooler. Just sayin'. (:
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »
I think the only character that I really don't care for is young Maria in the original Rondo, not so much in DXC. I just hate that cutesy anime crap they have her doing. I hated it in portrait too but I could overlook it better in that.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Tags:

anything