Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: least favorite character(s)  (Read 22517 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:49:07 PM »
What are your least favorite characters & why ?

I don't like Zobek, because of his boring character design (however his LotD design was ok) and he's a poor substitute for Death (so far)

I also don't care for Claudia, she was very forgettable and another boring-ass design. Even Isaac, hell the entire cast of CoD had more personality than this wench.

Last but not least, Hammer for not having the balls to seal the deal with Yoko. Seriously, man up dude.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
Mina from AoS/DoS. Useless boring twit.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »
Wow, welcome back to early 2000's, when these threads were commonplace.

I'm gonna go with Lydie and Mina here. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neflyte

• Castlevania Tour Guide
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: least favorite character(s)
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
Dario and Dmitri from DoS...both are just craptastic. I laughed so hard when Dmitri died and wished they would have made it gorier.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
What are your least favorite characters & why ?

I don't like Zobek, because of his boring character design (however his LotD design was ok) and he's a poor substitute for Death (so far)

I also don't care for Claudia, she was very forgettable and another boring-ass design. Even Isaac, hell the entire cast of CoD had more personality than this wench.

Last but not least, Hammer for not having the balls to seal the deal with Yoko. Seriously, man up dude.

I despise the Igor/Fleaman that absolutely f^cks you over while trying to get Frankenstein's monster in CV1.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »
Isaac...by far.  There's never been a CV villain that I've been more happy to put in his grave.  He just grated my last damn nerve everytime he spoke.

Second runner up....Ortega.  As much as I loved LoD, I thought that Cornell's rivalry/relationship with this character was just bland and terribly uninteresting.  Plus he looked too much like a villain from a Disney animated film.

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:51:51 PM »
Despite what people say, I find Dario a hilarious character.

Anyway, Medusa heads, that is all.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »

This forgettable Belmont.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 10:45:17 PM »
Gabriel "Belmont"

To be honest I wouldn't even add in the favorite part.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:23:48 PM by GuyStarwind »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »
-Claudia. "HURRY WE NEED MORE CRYSTAL SHARDS!" Bitch, just because you have the memory span of a goldfish doesn't mean everyone else does!
-The Titan bosses that were not the Dracolich.
-Er... that shopkeeper from CoD. Julia? She had the worst voice acting ever.
-Aeon (the chef). See Julia.
-Fighting maids/nurses. Because when it's funny the first time it's funny every time, right? Even though there could be legitimate monsters in their place?
-The Mimic in DoS/PoR. Who the hell thought this was a passable sprite? (There are quite a few god awful sprites but this is one of the most offensive ones to me)
-Maxim. What did he do besides get in trouble?
-DXC Maria. See Aeon and Julia. OH GOOOOD MY EARS MAKE IT STOP

That's kind of it. Castlevania's never been a hugely character-heavy game outside of recurring enemies, so...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 10:53:55 PM »
Hector and Isaac. Too many prettyboys for me. Hector is IGA's poor attempt for a hero who shouldn't have been able to kill Dracula. As for Isaac, I wanted to kill him myself and I seriously doubt he could've sneaked up on, and stabbed Trevor. I mean...It's freak'n Trevor Belmont! no cheesy prettyboy like Isaac can attempt something like that and get away with it. It's just not done. That was a very poor storytelling right there. I also wasn't fond of Juste Belmont either as he came across as an Alucard clone rather then looking like a Belmont.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:39 PM »
Hector and Isaac. Too many prettyboys for me. Hector is IGA's poor attempt for a hero who shouldn't have been able to kill Dracula. As for Isaac, I wanted to kill him myself and I seriously doubt he could've sneaked up on, and stabbed Trevor. I mean...It's freak'n Trevor Belmont! no cheesy prettyboy like Isaac can attempt something like that and get away with it. It's just not done. That was a very poor storytelling right there. I also wasn't fond of Juste Belmont either as he came across as an Alucard clone rather then looking like a Belmont.

-X

I can see this. I didn't really hate Hector, but I didn't like him either. He just seems kind of redundant when we already have Alucard, Soma, and Juste already filling the gray-haired effeminate guy category.

And forgot to add Olrox. Not because I dislike him as a character, but because the proper name is Orlock, and it bugs the crap out of me that they never fix it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:00:42 PM by Munchy »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »
I don't like Zobek, because of his boring character design
Oh come on. He's Sean Connery as voiced by Patrick Stewart. How is that boring?

I find Mina's presence in AoS to work out despite not doing anything. She's there just for the sake of Soma's story.

Lessee. Least favorite...

The 3 Stooges Dark Lord crew from DoS. GOD were they ever shallow... Celia is the biggest offender, with her saturday morning cartoon villain character. She banters, laughs, and teleports. And her two candidates are just goons.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 11:42:07 PM »
Mina, did not like her at all.

Suffice to say I was happy to see her get killed in DoS.

If only it was canon *sigh*.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 12:36:39 AM »
Isaac. He looks so... well, you see. The only thing I liked with him was the 'UUUAAARGGH' he screams at the beginning of the second battle in Drac's Castle.

Also, I don't know why but I don't like that much Alucard. Too overhype or something like this.

Tags: