Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056921 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1245 on: September 27, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »
+1
Struck a challenge with theplottwist, and here's what I came up with. lol

*but I think his CV2 Death looks much sexier.  :o

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1246 on: September 28, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
Death, for all your Simon's Quest's needs. Struck a challenge with Donoffrio, and created this sprite on my end of the challenge.
If you use, credit me. And yeah, I love my retro-sprite remakes.

Struck a challenge with theplottwist, and here's what I came up with. lol

*but I think his CV2 Death looks much sexier.  :o

Really nice work from both of you!
"Stuff and things."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1247 on: September 28, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
Damn guys, inccubus is right. Jaw dropping!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #1248 on: September 28, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »
Awesome remakes!!  :o

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1249 on: September 28, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »
Still awaiting for the Dungeon to start those sprite contests I suggested a few weeks back... :'(

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1250 on: September 30, 2014, 05:31:06 AM »
Nothing stopping you from starting one.
Problem is, we still have no real prizes.  Nothing was clarified!  YOU'RE ALL TO BLAME! :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1251 on: September 30, 2014, 05:39:28 AM »
+1
Problem is, we still have no real prizes.  Nothing was clarified!  YOU'RE ALL TO BLAME! :P

Actually, I suggested special Awards on your profiles for winners.

I even went as far as to suggest that the first contest should be designing special Award sprites and then letting the moderators or the dungeonites (by polling) select the winners. :o

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1252 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:25 PM »
Sounds like a plan. DO IT!!
"Stuff and things."

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1253 on: September 30, 2014, 10:08:58 PM »

Pixel Joint also has no real prizes for contests, and they happen weekly. Medals are awarded, and of course, exposure is also "awarded". The same could be done here. Award medals to the contestants, and expose the work somewhere prominent (Like on the forum's banner or something?? I dunno).

Actually, I suggested special Awards on your profiles for winners.

I even went as far as to suggest that the first contest should be designing special Award sprites and then letting the moderators or the dungeonites (by polling) select the winners. :o

This is a perfect idea. I should add that they should be Castlevania themed u_u
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1254 on: October 02, 2014, 02:26:42 AM »
+1
Remade the Cv chronicles's werewolf since I always found it odd that her werewolf counterpart is shorter than her Human form.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #1255 on: October 02, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »
Nice! Looks like it's RoB style?
I need to go back and work on my CV1 uber remake and get you guys to make sprites for it.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1256 on: October 02, 2014, 06:40:27 PM »
Still awaiting for the Dungeon to start those sprite contests I suggested a few weeks back... :'(

It will be awesome but i dont think i can win if there are person like Jorge, Donoffrio or theplottwist here, I never going to win XD (take this half seriously half humor)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1257 on: October 02, 2014, 07:18:29 PM »
Pixel Joint also has no real prizes for contests, and they happen weekly. Medals are awarded, and of course, exposure is also "awarded". The same could be done here. Award medals to the contestants, and expose the work somewhere prominent (Like on the forum's banner or something?? I dunno).

This is a perfect idea. I should add that they should be Castlevania themed u_u

This sounds great!  Mods? Jorge?

Can we get a official thread started and start a contest for the Pixel Awards? I would say we could make the deadline for the end of October and then we all have a poll for voting for the dungeon members?

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1258 on: October 03, 2014, 07:29:01 PM »
I remember the 1st time i made this sprite and now i think its need to be edited to looks great

The left its the old and the right its how i want to looks now, perhaps needs fix in some parts but its a sample

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1259 on: October 04, 2014, 06:52:26 AM »
Some nice backflip animations their Jop! Also Very nice on the werewolf chic Don don!

I've got a couple goodies to show off. One i talked to Plotwist about using for another project planned. And the other was from the animated drac form2 he allowed me to use. I have a couple other cool animations i wanna show off too..but i really can't..because it would spoil some what of a suprise..i'l have to wait to show you guys.

Drac form 2 skulls(death skulls of form 2 drac) morphed to fit Plotwists Drac form2

I got permsion to animate this for a project in the future by Plottwist.
Plotwists's Chimera animated(first draft)

what i may do here is take the snake tail and make his mouth shut during the stance(while his tongue slitehrs in and out of his mouth). The snake was the hardest part and took 3 times as long to do. I still feel like i can perfect more on the snake a bit and the feet area. But otherwise it's pretty much what i though it might look like by.

I would like to discuss with Plotwist possible moves..though some have already popped into my mind.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!