Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake  (Read 45394 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:18:30 PM »
what I have so far... http://arcangeraziel.deviantart.com/gallery/26485690
all source material was lost in computer crash, so I'll be reconstructing everything on memory (so it'll be better than before)

The story takes place 7 years after the events of Super Castlevania IV, Dracula'a curse had grown to effect everyone including Simon Belmont, who defeated Dracula but unaware of the ritual to seal the Dark Lord away, Assuming that all is well he fled from Transylvania to seek comfort. As years passed he grew weaker and more aware that something was terribly wrong. At the dawn of the sun, a woman by the lake informs him of the terror that is occurring at his homeland. With the Vampire Killer Rejecting his grasp it all added up, Dracula had Cursed him and had slowly regaining his strength for a ressurection. Simon Returns to Transylvania to finish the job, this time without flaw.

Meet Simon Belmont

I'll have a vote on which design of simon will be used in the game, all similar but worlds apart.

Innovations
8-Directional Whipping
A Dodge Roll
6 directional Aiming for some sub-weapons
1-button Subweapons (no up+attack)
Subweapon Wheel (will use numpad or Right stick(controller))
Development for keyboard and Gamepad (xbox360 or PS3 type controllers)
Relic listing Dracula Remains
Fluid Day/Night cycle based on a give time variable (example: 10 mins, 5min day, 5 min night)
Quest based Villagers (like OoE, but these will be proxy based (example: the first town will only span to the first mansion))
more to be added.

Specs
resolution: 1280 x 720 (720i,720p), this seems to be the most compatible HD resolution for PCs today.
Sound: Stereo
CPU/GPU: Unknown, but shouldn't be much since there wont be any polygonal objects involved

Additional Content
additional Areas to ditch the flatness of the original
Save areas and warp areas
actual Helpful Npcs
Crafting Weapon system (buy the good whips, Make the better ones)
Money System (Hearts are Ammo only)
Castlevania itself. (the game wont end as you strike down ghost Dracula)

Currenly Looking for Devs
Digital Artist
Sound effects Manager
Core Programmers
Stage Designers
ect.

Post will update on status
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:03:30 AM by Kamui Zero »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
*added title logo, Need devs and Suggestions!

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »
*added title logo, Need devs and Suggestions!

Sure, here is a suggestion: don't hold your breath asking for devs and go make your own game. :P Even if you do find some, most of them will prove to be very unreliable and not produce.

As for each independant issue:

*If you can't program and don't know how, it's time to start learning. Gamemaker is a good place to start. :D
*You already have levels: just remake the original and add a few surprises.
*For sounds, use sounds from other castlevania games.
*For gfx: you seem to be pretty good at those too (lucky bastard, lol) so just keep at it, or edit old ones. There are some people here who might be able to help you in this category though. Deviantart is another place to look.

On that note........ your game looks great so far with just you doing it.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:44:57 PM »
Well, I am looking for a game maker that can basically emulate SoTN or more advanced Castlevania games.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:51:54 PM by Kamui Zero »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:00:38 AM »
Well, I am looking for a game maker that can basically emulate SoTN or more advanced Castlevania games.

Not trying to say he's available, but Esco is in the process of remaking SotN on Game Maker. At least as far as I know.

I'd love to help with programming, but I'm still learning coding and such right now, too.

There are some things I can help with, if you're looking for it: Graphics (character/enemy), MIDIs, voices.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 05:39:59 AM »
Game Maker can do some fantastic things. One thing it lacks, from my own experience, is good joystick support. In that case, you may want to look at other languages.

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:34:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure people are telling you to USE a program called game maker.
I can't code worth a damn myself, i used to be a master with pixel art.. but you are asking for it to be HD, good luck with that.

I'm good at graphics that are 16x16 like old 16 bit games, any higher a resolution and i get aggravated myself.

Not to mention, the first responder is right, people on here can tend to be unreliable... myself included, one day i'm motivated, and then the next.. i have no motivation at all... i blame the fact that i'm bipolar and ADD lol.

I wish you luck though.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 06:58:20 AM »
Not to mention, the first responder is right, people on here can tend to be unreliable... myself included, one day i'm motivated, and then the next.. i have no motivation at all...

That about sums me up. I'll return to the work eventually, but like right now, I don't really feel it with my Trevor sprite sheet. :P

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
Not trying to say he's available, but Esco is in the process of remaking SotN on Game Maker. At least as far as I know.

Yes I am, but I do not have time to assist with any other projects sadly. You would be surprised how much time this thing takes up.  :-X

Game Maker can do some fantastic things. One thing it lacks, from my own experience, is good joystick support. In that case, you may want to look at other languages.

That is completely untrue. I easily enabled pad support in my game. There are a whole list of features in fact geared towards it that are very easy to use.

I think the biggest issue here is that people THINK they have a good concept of how a game works, just by playing it. But that is never the case, and is exactly why MOST peoples games feel a bit "off" when you play them (though they might still be really good)

An example of this is richter's attack: while most people think that to duplicate the one in SOTN all they need is a jump, stand, and ducking animation for it, it's not that simple. They also have to take into account that for the first 2 frames of the standing one, he can still duck, and for the ducking one for the first 2 frames he can still stand. They also have to take into account that when he is jumping whipping, if he lands, he continues his animation at the current frame. Same for when he goes from ducking to standing, and vice versa.

They also have to take into account that when grounded if he is walking and whips, he comes to a DEAD STOP. But when dashing and then he whips he stops more slowly, so he moves forward more. Also when dashing, then he jumps and whips, it puts his hspd to his NORMAL movement speed (81920.... in GM this would be 81920/65536 which is 1.25.... IF YOU MAKE YOUR OWN HSPD VARIABLE!!! The base hspeed on in GM would move you WAY too fast at 1.25) during the attack, and if you keep holding forward he goes right back to dashing speed afterwards.

Also when flipping, there seems to be a glitch if you whip during it; you can move forward or back some while whipping; so this should be taken into account and fixed. And then if you actually enabled flipping on the ground, you have to take into account that without a small hspd tweak, you could backflip away and whip forever. Making the game MUCH easier.

And we aren't even talking about animations yet, or the position of the hitbox for collisions with tiles while attacking (should be the same as when standing/jumping/ducking). And I didn't even mention the positioning of the whip, or it's object & sprites yet. And what happens if you take damaged during the attack? Or if you want to do something involving the attack button and another attack instead? What if you were sliding, super jumping, or tackling when attack was hit?

What sounded so simple, is more advanced that most people think. The good news is that since I have an OUTSTANDING concept of how stuff in SOTN works I am going to start putting up info about it on my blog. I think that this will eliminate the biggest problem for most people who hit snags, since they would now know exactly how the system works and what values to use. It would also save people a lot of time overall.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:49:01 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
oh the HD isn't gonne be standard with the graphics, all oh the in game graphics are probably 2x or 4x scale the original size to avoid too many small things in one place, the HD is really gonna work for the HUD and some of the smaller things on mapping, haven't quite thought it through, the first concern is game maker's ability to support widescreen. all I see are 3:4 resolutions, yet I went to the gamemaker forums and found a couple 720p games. I'm gonna have to learn this stuff, but I can learn really quickly If I had an example template, which is what I relied on in my RPGMaker XP days.

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »
oh the HD isn't gonne be standard with the graphics, all oh the in game graphics are probably 2x or 4x scale the original size to avoid too many small things in one place, the HD is really gonna work for the HUD and some of the smaller things on mapping, haven't quite thought it through, the first concern is game maker's ability to support widescreen. all I see are 3:4 resolutions, yet I went to the gamemaker forums and found a couple 720p games. I'm gonna have to learn this stuff, but I can learn really quickly

??? I am not sure where that came from, but aight. lol

If I had an example template, which is what I relied on in my RPGMaker XP days.

See my above, edited post. This may help some.  8)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »
thx, man.

in an unrelated note, will there be Saturn content on your SoTN?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »
Yes I am, but I do not have time to assist with any other projects sadly. You would be surprised how much time this thing takes up. 

Well, I said that so I wasn't jumping the gun and automatically sending someone to you. ^.^
I'm not surprised how much time it takes. I know how much. :P

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
for the mean time I'll be in graphics department, I'm gonna start with Simon and Dracula
UPDATE: Mansions!
moved the around and extended to 2 areas, Content is subject to changes...
1. Berkeley Mansion - Moonlit Garden
BGM - Dwelling of Doom - Secret Garden
Boss - Hellhound
2. Brahm Library - Adbandoned Prison Chamber
BGM- Dance of Pales (Pearl Dance song) - Chaconne C'Moll
Boss - Minotaur
3. Lauruba Mansion - Bloodstained Gallery
BGM - Crucikix Held Close - Noble Musical Viriation
Boss - Carmilla
4. Heretic's Cathedral - Graveyard
BGM - House or Sacred Remains - Grave of Discipline
Boss - Necromancer
5. Clockwork Mansion - Clock-faced Tower
BGM - Clockwork Mansion - Gears go Awry
Boss - Death
6. Castlevania
INFO: Saving it for suspense.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:22:12 PM by Kamui Zero »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 03:18:26 AM »

New mockup featuring a new resolution and other stuff.

Tags:

anything