Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I want to know why is  (Read 41475 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
Did we even consider the fact he could be a kid? Language barriers aside, the super biased fanboyism and praise is almost the like which you'd find from children. I'm not trying to take a stab at the guy, just wondering if that could be the case. I've seen kids praise the Twilight series like it's the most flawless and amazing thing ever to come out in the history of mankind. When you get on in age, those types of delusions become a thing of the past(with most able-minded people, mind you). A part of maturity is to accept that nothing's perfect, and there is even BEAUTY in imperfection.

Indeed. You also see how everything is an amalgamation of influences from something else. Nothing is 100% original, you learn about the history of your favorite works of art and their influences. You may be right on this.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »
I checked his profile. The guy's actually older than I am (21 to my 19), unless he lied about his birth date.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
I've considered this, thats why I said that he deserved more chances earlier.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2013, 08:10:05 PM »
For whatever reason I find the opposite is true. Kids usually seem to be more open to change, and whatever goes than the older players.

When I was a kid I thought Super Mario Bros 2 was awesome, even though it had little connection to the first, and played different. I still hold that SMB2 is an awesome game, and a worthy Mario addition. But if I was me today, and I saw such a thing released, would I feel the same? I'm not sure I would be quite as welcoming and open about it.

Some of it was perhaps, you played what you got since you didn't have so many games purchased back then. At least, I didn't, nor did my friends. These days however, I find myself sticking with a certain genre set of games primarily, and very rarely going outside those bounds with the exception for when I am studying them.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »
I've seen some pretty annoying little kids online. The kind who think they know better than anyone despite being like 10.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 11:11:47 PM »
For whatever reason I find the opposite is true. Kids usually seem to be more open to change, and whatever goes than the older players.

When I was a kid I thought Super Mario Bros 2 was awesome, even though it had little connection to the first, and played different. I still hold that SMB2 is an awesome game, and a worthy Mario addition. But if I was me today, and I saw such a thing released, would I feel the same? I'm not sure I would be quite as welcoming and open about it.

Some of it was perhaps, you played what you got since you didn't have so many games purchased back then. At least, I didn't, nor did my friends. These days however, I find myself sticking with a certain genre set of games primarily, and very rarely going outside those bounds with the exception for when I am studying them.
Young kids, unadulterated ones, are usually fresh/green enough to view the world with a completely open mind simply because they are trying to get in touch with the world and can unbiasly give many different things a chance and view them without any expectations(or emotional baggage). It's like the study, without any reservations like racist grown-ups, young children of different races will play together and see each other as simple "children". The ills of society is what shapes them into judgemental bigots. Same can be said regarding games and cartoons. A lot of little kids are content just as much with anything you put in front of them just as much as whatever is the "newer", more modern thing. I've seen modern kids get a kick out of playing NES and SNES games, as well as get a kick out of old Tom & Jerry or Bugs Bunny cartoons. IMO, that sort of unbiased view of the world is golden. Sometimes people, despite being older, tend to become set in their ways, for good and for bad.

That being said, some years after that ripe young age, nearing the pre-teen years, kids can become bratty little shits.  ;D That's usually the years I was initially talking about. Of course, it varies with kids and how good their parents have raised them.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2013, 12:21:41 AM »
uzo's pretty much spot-on. Kids are fresh from the oven of life; ready to absorb any and most of the time, all things new and never before seen or heard about. But as they age to adulthood their minds are no longer eager to learn as much as before. They become to inflexible, too disciplined. Their minds have trouble letting go of their long-held beliefs. I find this to be a real problem of society if not THE problem all-together. It's a real shame that the minds of adults do not retain some of the benifits that they had when they were still kids and the world was new.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2013, 01:07:54 AM »
If Steampunk is a child I apologize. That would make sense. Although the kids I know would at least give it a rest and realize that people have different opinions.

What I think this boils down to is more nationalism and less Lords of Shadow. Had the game been made in, say, UK, we wouldn't have this thread at all. (And LoS is so generic it could've been made pretty much anywhere in the world). I'm sure he loves Lords of Shadow a lot, but there's something else here too.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:18 AM »
If Steampunk is a child I apologize. That would make sense. Although the kids I know would at least give it a rest and realize that people have different opinions.

What I think this boils down to is more nationalism and less Lords of Shadow. Had the game been made in, say, UK, we wouldn't have this thread at all. (And LoS is so generic it could've been made pretty much anywhere in the world). I'm sure he loves Lords of Shadow a lot, but there's something else here too.

I highly doubt he is a child... but then again ages can be invented online.

He has this uber nationalism that is annoying when it is correlated to the LoS game. His great love for the LoS series is ok with me, but to post everywhere showcasing his love, is too much for me. Well, I just ignore those things now.
His actions reminds me of those Twihards, but at least he is not at the worst Twihard level that I've seen.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »

It's not his love for Lords of Shadow that bothers me, but his disrespect for everything else in the series (except maybe the very first few games, but he's constantly telling us that they're not as good as Lords of Shadow because they "look old". Oooo-kaaay.)

I want to see a debate between Steampunk Captain and Affinity! That would be hilarious. :D Affinity has used the same kind of rethorical method in the past when talking about Harmony of Despair (Though she's a bit more reasonable and open to discussion, but only slightly)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »
I remember when Ahasverus first joined the CVD, he acted in a similar fashion to Steampunk, with the "LoS is the end-all-be-all Castlevania" debates and such. But he has since evolved into a reasonable, handsome young man, and I respect that.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »
His actions reminds me of those Twihards, but at least he is not at the worst Twihard level that I've seen.

Hmm... This is off-topic but Twihards from Forks, WA actually do have a good reason to like Twilight wholly apart from the quality of the stories; the series has been very good for the local economy of that town.  Forks used to be an absolute cess-pit, but they've shaped up in recent times from what I understand.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »
Those people in Forks were an odd bunch to begin with, anyway...

[spoken in the voice of one from Everett,WA]
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2013, 12:44:22 AM »
I've been reading his posts about LoS but after he debuted using gay as an insult I never felt the urge to reply to him again. I felt it wasn't worth it. These last days I've been feeling kind of sorry in a good way, since he obviously tried to show respect, but language barrier, ultra nationalism and a limited mind didn't allow him to express himself better. At least that's how I see the whole thing.

I understand what he says about Spain and Lords of Shadow. I can see the connection of spanish horror movies and the game. But, while I like like those films, I don't think those are things that belong in Castlevania, at least for the majority. That's just my opinion, of course.

I won't be saying anything about Twilight, except that I consider it an offense to the vampire genre. I mean... sparkle in the sunlight and not drinking blood?  :rollseyes:
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »
How about stoping this discussion?

Tags:

anything