Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 146516 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »
Of course let's ignore the fact that sonic reaper is working as a sprite artist so he knows his stuff (at least from what I heard). He's a hater in your eyes because he can recognise amateurish work from professional. :o ::)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »
Did you not read my reply a few pages back? Spriting black hair onto a dark/black background is gonna turn out horrible. Ask any sprite artist.

Did I say I was talking about the hair color? I was referring to the difference in clothing and the character's mega-bust compared to her artwork's chest.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »
Did you not read my reply a few pages back? Spriting black hair onto a dark/black background is gonna turn out horrible. Ask any sprite artist.
But does it matter here? The backgrounds are so bright and neony you could even see batman on it like he was right out in the daylight by a wall painted white. :o

Genya Arikado

« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2008, 08:19:14 PM »
In Reply To #137

Azmodan is a sprite artist? Wow, can I see your work?

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2008, 08:40:54 PM »
In Reply To #137

Azmodan is a sprite artist? Wow, can I see your work?

Why, are you one? Look at her artwork. Look at her sprite. You need only eyes to see the difference.

The sprite has a DD sized bust compared to the portrait. And the front of her outfit is completely different on the sprite.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:46:26 PM by Azmodan »
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2008, 03:02:27 AM »
O.K. guys, here is what i think after i saw these pictures with one friend, i think that the guy who has post this pictures might was someone from Konami and threw those pictures on purpose to test what the people will say, so they could plan their next move and how to develop the rest of the game, based at our opinions.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:05:55 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2008, 04:31:56 AM »
I heard the guy who leaked those got fired from konami few hours after the leak, so i doubt it was intentional. :o

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2008, 04:41:31 AM »
In Reply To #142

Where did you heard this? So that means they are official?

Then this game has a lot of work to be done to succeed or it will suck worst than what Harmony did. :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2008, 07:02:23 AM »
You people never cease to amaze me.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2008, 11:59:38 AM »
Nintendo power magazine of january will have an interview with IGA according to go nintendo and from what i read from the preview of the magazine, IGA states that he's not into making a wii version of castlevania and that he's focused at the new Castlevania on DS!

So, when the magazine comes out, then maybe will learn something about the new game and how accurate are these pictures!
Ruler of Chaos

Genya Arikado

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2008, 12:22:26 PM »
Why, are you one? Look at her artwork. Look at her sprite. You need only eyes to see the difference.

The sprite has a DD sized bust compared to the portrait. And the front of her outfit is completely different on the sprite.

I'm not a sprite artist, but I would like to be.

Also, when does the january Nintendo power come out?

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »
I can't believe I have to repeat myself, I must be surrounded by morons.

They can (and will) re-use whatever they want in the testing versions of the game. They will obviously NOT put effort into graphics, sprites, and backgrounds of a game that was never intended to be seen by non-Konami employees.

The final version of the game will obviously NOT look as bad as the screen-shots that got leaked; but it's moronic people who think it will, that has caused Konami to be such wusses and not let any pics out to the public until the game is absolutely finished. That's why the guy who leaked the pics got fired from Konami, suspended from gamefaqs, and why Konami is taking legal action in trying to remove the pic from websites.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Steve

« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2008, 02:17:21 PM »
They can (and will) re-use whatever they want in the testing versions of the game. They will obviously NOT put effort into graphics, sprites, and backgrounds of a game that was never intended to be seen by non-Konami employees.

The game is and always was intended to be shown to the public sooner or later.  And until that point, they should be working towards making it presentable.  And what we see here is far, far, far from decent.  It's safe to the say the game won't suddenly become beautiful when it's time for the official unveiling.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
Whoever said that guy was fired? His account at Gamefaqs was suspended, but it's been restored, albiet with limited posting abilities.

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out he was fired. Or so they say.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:24:43 PM by Azmodan »

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
I think it looks alright. Not the best, but this is surely at an early stage. Anyway, I think the Wi-Fi connection thing could mean that the next Castlevania will be on the Wii. I'll bet that there's some bonus content available if you have both, kind of like the link between Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion. This could mean that both the new DS title as well as the new Console CV may be announced around the same time.

Tags: