Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 146518 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2008, 03:45:41 AM »
6 years? But the really crap games only came out in the past year or two.

I think you are a little confused. People aren't annoyed that it's another Castleroid. People are annoyed that Konami aren't learning their lessons from previous mistakes and designing box like levels and reusing material like a recycling plant.

Yeah, except PoR wasn't crap. It's an excellent action adventure compared to just about everything on the DS in the genre, EVEN with its flaws. And surely everyone can see that except the members of the CV community. Because they always whine. They whine if a game is too similar to its predecessors and they whine if it's too different. (And now I whine because they whine. See what I mean? CV fans whine. Period.)

Anyway, as far as I can see nothing is revealed about the level design in this new game, so already saying that Konami hasn't learnt their lesson doesn't seem right.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2008, 05:08:12 AM »
At the very least, the doofy animu art style is gone, right? :D;;; The girl looks very Kojimaish :D :D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2008, 05:21:54 AM »
We are :P We're CV Fanns! COME ON! :D

Genya Arikado

Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2008, 06:25:45 AM »
This castlevania will be good. I like the pics. Think, if this is fake then the real thing will be so much better.

Offline VEP

• Vampire Exterminator Pixelite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Vampire Exterminator Pixelite
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Castlevania Legacy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2008, 06:34:54 AM »
at least these images got some discussion going...probaly why they were leaked or faked...

Genya Arikado

« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2008, 06:58:48 AM »
at least these images got some discussion going...probaly why they were leaked or faked...

I think these are fake. They are just being used to pump the castlvania community up.

Offline Evil_Kitty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2008, 07:43:21 AM »
I see no reason why these aren't real.
1. We know there is a new Castlevania coming out.

2. Its in the same style, just look at the boss--that is precisely how some of the previous bosses looked.

3. These are leaks so of course they don't look super awesome. Think about it, if you just took any random picture of a game and released it wouldn't draw the same attention. The pictures we see from game are selected because they look the best.

Anyway it looks like CV is gearing back to a darker moodier phase, which is how it should be. DXC was very refreshing b/c it took CV back to its roots in spirit I'd love to see that on the DS.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
In Reply To #195

I can't really say if we are animals or not, but i can say that we will never be satisfied, not matter how the new Castlevania games are going to look.

We will always find something to bitching, even if it is the smallest defect of the game.

I've said it before and i will tell it again: The graphics might not look the best, but you can't expect something better since they are from the most earlyiest beta of the game and from what you can see, it will have new game play, a female main character, darker  style and maybe it will be bigger than DoS and PoR.

So, let's stop and wait for the first official statement!!
Ruler of Chaos

Genya Arikado

« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
I see no reason why these aren't real.
1. We know there is a new Castlevania coming out.

2. Its in the same style, just look at the boss--that is precisely how some of the previous bosses looked.

3. These are leaks so of course they don't look super awesome. Think about it, if you just took any random picture of a game and released it wouldn't draw the same attention. The pictures we see from game are selected because they look the best.

Anyway it looks like CV is gearing back to a darker moodier phase, which is how it should be. DXC was very refreshing b/c it took CV back to its roots in spirit I'd love to see that on the DS.

Ok,
1) They always do this before a game is relased.
2) Just because its in the same style doesn't mean its the next game. Pokemon and GoldenSun games have similar  styles, but are unrelated.
3)I agree.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »
The graphics might not look the best, but you can't expect something better since they are from the most earlyiest beta of the game

But the fact that they started localizing it means it's already pretty advanced if not almost finished design wise. The chance that anything will change is very small.

My guess is, the remaining months they'll be betatesting, adding finishing touches (perhaps the final areas since those might not be finished yet and Dracula, everyone knows he'll be in and will reuse rondo sprites with some edits like pork did), and possibly working out some addons like the coop mode for pork. I seem to remember it took them way more time than they wanted to spend to get it working correctly.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2008, 01:33:59 PM »
In Reply To #205

You might be right or you might be wrong and i'm telling you this, because from what i remember from PoRk as you call it, at the final version of the game the graphics they have been changed and they even have put more details at backgrounds graphics.

As i said before i might be right or wrong, but i want to believe that they will do some improvements!
Ruler of Chaos

Genya Arikado

« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2008, 01:42:23 PM »
In Reply To #205

You might be right or you might be wrong and i'm telling you this, because from what i remember from PoRk as you call it, at the final version of the game the graphics they have been changed and they even have put more details at backgrounds graphics.

As i said before i might be right or wrong, but i want to believe that they will do some improvements!

amen

Offline Cold Windy Night

• it was a
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2008, 01:59:24 PM »
...the DS screen is so fucking small.  Konami better reveal a console Castlevania.  Atleast the next DS CV has a darker tone.

Please excuse the F bomb, I just had to get it out.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »
At least the next DS CV has a darker tone.

I like the Ayami Kojima art, it makes the game much better. I argee 100%.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2008, 02:12:33 PM »
I like the Ayami Kojima art, it makes the game much better. I argee 100%.

Me too!!
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: