Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 146520 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
Three people need to stay with castlevanaia, Koji Igarashi, Ayami Kojima, and Michiru Yamane. These three are what make Castlevania, Castlevania.
At the moment, yes. But cv existed before them, and it will exist after them.

Everyone's going crazy over beta shots b/c this is the first news we received since DXC's release.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2008, 03:33:37 PM »
I don't understand why anyone would linger on a CV forum when the series obviously isn't for you and hasn't been for the past 6 years or so.
6 years? But the really crap games only came out in the past year or two.

I think you are a little confused. People aren't annoyed that it's another Castleroid. People are annoyed that Konami aren't learning their lessons from previous mistakes and designing box like levels and reusing material like a recycling plant.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »
Umm.. Can someone please tell me why everyone is going pyscho over a few beta screenshots? And why a mod is complaining about a few spelling and grammar errors?

Yeah, this is ridiculous.....it's flipping chaos in here
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2008, 06:02:02 PM »
Grrr....maybe I'd better buy a 360, despite the fact I don't want to pay money for another system. ;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Rath

« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2008, 07:22:42 PM »
Umm.. Can someone please tell me why everyone is going pyscho over a few beta screenshots? And why a mod is complaining about a few spelling and grammar errors?

This is the #1 Castlevania forum. Everyone will visit it no matter what.

Which means...

Mods say what they want, when they want. Live with it or go somewhere else.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2008, 08:18:53 PM »
This is the #1 Castlevania forum. Everyone will visit it no matter what.

Which means...

Mods say what they want, when they want. Live with it or go somewhere else.

Like I said, you people NEVER cease to amaze me, which is why I come here! I'm not going anywhere, buddy beans. Now, where did I put that popcorn?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Esnel Pla

« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
Gamers are picky, whiny little bastards.

I still love you, little CV beta shots.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »
I bet those won't change at all for the final release. :o

Maybe the giant enemy crab will be moved somewhere else, but the locales will remain like they already are. None of the beta screens for dos or porkchop changed anything other than enemy placement.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »
In Reply To #188

THat's likely true. Remember all the early screens of DoS, LoI, CoD and PoR? There was that group of people who said, "These are just early screens. The final product will be more polished!". That wasn't the case. The early shots were basically VERY close to how the final product looked. I remember those pics from the Nintendo Power unveiling of PoR, which backgrounds were never polished anything more than that. I remember people kept on ragging on CoD's graphics, which were too clunky looking in the screens. And by it's release, the graphics were just as clunky looking.

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
Hey guys, instead of complaining, can we at least have a discussion about the timeline this new game will be setting in?
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2008, 10:05:45 PM »
Not until more is revealed. So far all there would be would be wild guesses. Until they actually go saying "THIS GAME IS SET AFTER SOMAS GAME" or "THIS GAME HAPPENS BEFORE CV3 AND OVERRIDES SONIA" it won't be anymore than what it already is. Guesses.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 10:07:36 PM by Serio »

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2008, 10:11:49 PM »
So, I suppose the best thing we do is to keep quiet until the storm comes in eh....
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »
I'm betting sometime in the 18th century.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2008, 12:34:16 AM »
O.K.!! This game might not have the best graphics, but i believe it will have best story, scenario from the previous and even better game play!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:35 AM »
Cut the bitching and discuss the game like civilized folks, we aren't animals in here are we?

Tags: