Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 146514 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »
In Reply To #165

Pardon my ignorance, Serio, but if Maria has *more* frames than she did originally, isn't that good and means the team worked hard on her? :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2008, 11:04:28 AM »
I'm just mad because its another castleroid. It's getting overly used and boring. Its why I don't play castlevania much anymore. There needs to be something new and fresh to the series and that exploration element just really isn't cutting it anymore.

Just because they recreate animations for one character doesn't mean they worked really all that hard. Wow? One character? Amazing... Why not just do it to the rest of the game instead of copy + paste, copy + paste...etc.

Only thing I enjoyed about Portrait of Ruin is when you would use the time freeze spell and Jonathan's knives which give it like a 2D bullet time effect. That was some nice detail.

Genya Arikado

Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
If people are just going to complian then, go do it elsewere. Your getting anoying.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2008, 11:57:30 AM »
In Reply To #168

They have every right to complain. This is the same formula that's been used by IGA for 2D sidescrollers ever since Symphony. You have no right to tell people to not complain about a stale visual and gameplay style. Everyone's entitled to their opinions here, and it just so happens that many of them share the same.

And your spelling really does need some improvement. Grammar, too. You should use Mozilla Firefox. It has a spellcheck.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »
In Reply To #168

They have every right to complain. You have no right to tell people to not complain about a stale visual and gameplay style.

The game isn't even out yet, and your complaining? And I have every right to do whatever I whant.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, Serio, but if Maria has *more* frames than she did originally, isn't that good and means the team worked hard on her?
What, did I say it's bad? I just said how they did those additional frames, and no, that's not "working hard". The tile shifting can be done in 5 minutes. There was more work put into her idle stance than any other animations. The backdash is straight out of saturn and only 1 frame, the forward dash is 4 frames, attacks are 3 frames, death is 1 frame from the item crash, only rotated.

The game isn't even out yet, and your complaining? And I have every right to do whatever I whant.
And Clara has every right to warn you for bothering other members because she's a moderator. :o

Genya Arikado

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2008, 12:14:02 PM »
I could care less.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
I can understand how so many people are getting bored of Castletroids, but I do think IGA sticks by them simply because the non-fanboy, casual players prefer that more than the old-school style. Ever read the forums that revolve around Dracula X Chronicles? I've never seen so much bitching regarding a game's difficulty, even though that game was EASY as hell! There was more whiners saying, "It's toooo freakin HARD!!" than old schoolers who were saying it was easy. I think the "average game players" of modern age are more "softer" than the average game players of the 80s and early 90s. IGA knows that. He knows that Castletroids sell, despite being a bored formula. The average modern CV players have gotten so used to them that they are afraid of anything else BUT Castletroids.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2008, 12:27:53 PM »
I hope Iga leaps into next gen soon.

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2008, 12:34:59 PM »
In Reply To #174

He's already confirmed that the next Console title is gonna be on Xbox360, with possible port to PS3 if sales go up.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
In Reply To #174

He's already confirmed that the next Console title is gonna be on Xbox360, with possible port to PS3 if sales go up.

Yes, I read that, I just hope it's soon.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »
I wonder if this game will come with any preorder bonus goodies?? All the community needs is some cv plushies damnit!

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »
In Reply To #177

I don't see why it wouldn't. There always seems to be some kind of preorder goody. The big poster/soundtrack/stylus bundle with PoR, the coffin case with DoS, the mini soundtrack with CoD, the 8-bit Simon figurine with DXC, etc.

Doubt they'd release anything in the way of plushies, though. Plushies tend to be a little kiddish. Although if the horrible art style of PoR and DoS continue to pull through...

Genya Arikado

« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »
Three people need to stay with castlevanaia, Koji Igarashi, Ayami Kojima, and Michiru Yamane. These three are what make Castlevania, Castlevania.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2008, 01:31:47 PM »
Umm.. Can someone please tell me why everyone is going pyscho over a few beta screenshots? And why a mod is complaining about a few spelling and grammar errors?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags: