Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami is already thinking about the next Castlevania game  (Read 26185 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Konami is already thinking about the next Castlevania game
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »
I wouldn't call MoF a 2D game, since it has 3D graphics and plays in 2.5D dimensions.
Indeed. I wouldn't even personally call LoS Castlevania.
But technically speaking, DXC is Castlevania, but also 2.5D with 3D graphics.
So, it is possible to achieve CV level with 2.5D, but I always prefer sprites.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »
+1
Just read those tweets. Yeah, Cox is gone.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420235/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-studio-moving-on-to-new-ip/

Can't wait to see what new IP it is. May it Rise like a Red Falcon.  ;)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »
+1
RPG in a open world = Skyrim... no surprise, even Miyamoto say than next zelda must learn from Skyrim (the wright direction)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »
So..Cox wants to be Mr. Castlevania after all?

I'd rather he stick to his original plan and move on. Bring in new blood with maybe IGA advicing/mentoring. Someone who can stand on his own feet, but also  listen to the voices of experience.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »
Oh, wait.. he is gone? This thread moves too fast.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »
+3
Good shape for Cox surely means ledgeforming instead of platforming, lots of QTE's, being locked in areas with a lot of enemies that take like 20 hits to die, stages over stages of ancient ruins in sunny days, enemies like Chupacabras and the hunchbacks, characters like Demon Lord or whatever the name was, final battles vs. Satan and, of course, the most boring and generic music ever.

It was supposed to be a joke, like Dave Cox in good shape, when he truly is out of shape (fat).
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
+1
I wouldn't call MoF a 2D game, since it has 3D graphics and plays in 2.5D dimensions.

Since when does 2.5D mean anything other than 2D game play with 3D graphics?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »

I'm not talking about game play, but sprites.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »
Can have 2D sprites in 2.5D. Hell could even have 3D sprites in 2D; that's what T&C2, DKC, and the Strike series were.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »
Just read those tweets. Yeah, Cox is gone.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420235/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-studio-moving-on-to-new-ip/
That article makes it seem like the bit about Konami already having a new CV in line was either misworded or lost in translation. So the future of the series is once again up in air?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »

2.5D used to mean a 3D game with 2D graphics, I believe. Like Original Doom and Original Wolfenstein.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 11:47:15 PM »
That article makes it seem like the bit about Konami already having a new CV in line was either misworded or lost in translation. So the future of the series is once again up in air?
I'm interested in this question.
Can someone bring a little light about it?

It seems we are just where we were a few days ago, only now we know Cox is out.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 02:52:18 AM »
+2
If the rumor posted back on Hardcore Gaming 101 about a new castlevania game is on the makings, is to be trusted, then already a team or company is on the job.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 06:30:35 AM »
If the rumor posted back on Hardcore Gaming 101 about a new castlevania game is on the makings, is to be trusted, then already a team or company is on the job.

Someone can explain me more about this Hardcore Gaming 101 thing? I only know that we have a board with this name and that maybe another site has a section named this way too. 101 was meant to be a l33t "LOL"?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
Someone can explain me more about this Hardcore Gaming 101 thing? I only know that we have a board with this name and that maybe another site has a section named this way too. 101 was meant to be a l33t "LOL"?

Here is your answer:http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6228.0.html
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: