Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami is already thinking about the next Castlevania game  (Read 26412 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Konami is already thinking about the next Castlevania game
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »
After Double Dragon Neon, I can totally see Jake Kaufman doing a song like this for a Wayforward CV.
Jake Kaufman is a total chameleon of style. He can adapt to all sorts of musical styles, and he does it GREAT. He reminds me of Naoshi Mizuta, who works at Square Enix. Very versatile composer who can dabble in any and everything and knows how to make it all sound good. Mizuta could do anything from orchestral opera, medieval folk, techno, jazz, pop, rock, even old school inspired chiptunes, and it all sounds great. Kaufman is similar in that respect, as he's a jack-of-all-trades. I'd imagine you have to respect ALL styles of music to be that good at composing different types, and you can tell Jake loves what he's doing. I mean, damn, anybody hear his contribution to the FFVI OC ReMix album?:

OC ReMix #2699: Final Fantasy VI 'The Impresario' [Medley] by Jake Kaufman & Tommy Pedrini

Seemingly Uematsu heard this and is pleased with it!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:15:13 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
+1
This is currently my favorite song from Virt.

Mighty Switch Force 2 OST - 15 Credits (Rescue Girl)

If I could compare him to anyone, I'd be David Wise. And that's a high complement. (This game is fun BTW)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 09:36:17 PM »
Back on topic, I hope the next CV doesn't come as late in the gen as LoS did so we can have safely 3+ games and even some 2D ports/remakes  :D

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »
+1
Good shape like Dave Cox being in good shape (which is false) or a really good shape? LOL
Good shape for Cox surely means ledgeforming instead of platforming, lots of QTE's, being locked in areas with a lot of enemies that take like 20 hits to die, stages over stages of ancient ruins in sunny days, enemies like Chupacabras and the hunchbacks, characters like Demon Lord or whatever the name was, final battles vs. Satan and, of course, the most boring and generic music ever.

*holding out for Wayforward*
Me too. I can tolerate a game like Bloodrayne: Betrayal (which I liked, BTW) carrying the Castlevania name, despite the differences in look and gameplay, as long as Jake Kaufman composes an entire soundtrack (like, 25 or 30 tunes?) that sound like Dusk Falls, because that's one of the most beautiful VG tracks I've ever listened, it's up there together with the top CV tracks and some others from other games.

Back on topic, I hope the next CV doesn't come as late in the gen as LoS did so we can have safely 3+ games and even some 2D ports/remakes  :D
Why 2D has to be only for ports and remakes? That's something I can't understand. The best Castlevania games in the history of the franchise were all 2D games. We can't accept that 2D is being relegated to a 2nd place for just ports and remakes. We need new titles in 2D. I mean, full new. With all new stages and all new soundtracks.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:00 AM »
I don't think Cox is going to stay. When he said "we", I'm guessing he's just talking about Konami.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420235/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-studio-moving-on-to-new-ip/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:26:05 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 02:25:53 AM »
I don't think Cox is going to stay. When he said "we", I'm guessing he's just talking about Konami.

Perhaps, or he is actually included in the "we".
Knowing Cox.... hehehe.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 02:28:47 AM »
Judging from his tweets, I think we're in the clear.  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 03:06:55 AM »
Cox has been a producer since Castlevania Chronicles so it's not unreasonbale to thin that he's going to be the executive producer or supervisor producer of the next Castlevania, I hope he focuses only on gameplay, though.

That will be disaster.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 03:21:00 AM »
+1
Quote from: Pfil link=topic=6368.msg139600#msg139600
Why 2D has to be only for ports and remakes? That's something I can't understand. The best Castlevania games in the history of the franchise were all 2D games. We can't accept that 2D is being relegated to a 2nd place for just ports and remakes. We need new titles in 2D. I mean, full new. With all new stages and all new soundtracks.
Iappreciate the sentiment, but personally, ive had more than my fill of 2d vania. its time to move into the 3rd dimension for a while and stay there a while. same for Megaman ...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 03:25:34 AM »
We have been in the 3d dimension for the last 5 years, also in the past we had 3d and 2d castlevania games coming out together, so i fail to see your logic here, since we can have 3d and 2d games together.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
Saying that they've "made mistakes" with LoS2 before the game is even out is one of the weirdest and most off-putting thing I've ever heard from anyone the industry. I may not be a fan of the LoS saga, but I appreciate when people stand behind their product and are proud of what they've done (regardless of my own personal opinions). I know a lot of people think Cox is overly cocky and arrogant, but at least he was always confident in his work. And now this? Hmm..

Maybe Cox idea of a "mistake" will turn out to be my idea of great! Hopefully :D

And yes. Wayforward for 2D. From Software for 3D. Yummy.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 12:58:36 PM »
Iappreciate the sentiment, but personally, ive had more than my fill of 2d vania. its time to move into the 3rd dimension for a while and stay there a while. same for Megaman ...
I can never have enough of 2DVania.
But they can bring any 3D games like C64/LoI/CoD and that's OK with me.

We have been in the 3d dimension for the last 5 years, also in the past we had 3d and 2d castlevania games coming out together, so i fail to see your logic here, since we can have 3d and 2d games together.
And not 3D games like LoS and 2D games like MoF, but actual Castlevania titles.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
And not 3D games like LoS and 2D games like MoF, but actual Castlevania titles.

I wouldn't call MoF a 2D game, since it has 3D graphics and plays in 2.5D dimensions.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: