Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevanias you would have liked to see?  (Read 11838 times)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Castlevanias you would have liked to see?
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »
We discuss Castlevanias we'd like to see all the time, but what about Castlevanias we would have wanted for platforms/eras that have already had their run?

Me, I wouldn't have minded:

1. A second Genesis game. Maybe even a direct sequel to Bloodlines (in before POR) like what some people here were discussing.

2. A third game for PS2. I suspect the cancelled Alucard game would've been that had they not gone for PS3/360 instead.

3. A second PSP-exclusive game that isn't a remake. Cancelled Alucard game could've been for this too.

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevanias you would have liked to see?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:57:01 PM »
+5
A "Castlevania Trilogy" type game done on the SNES in the style of Mario All Stars or Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, i.e., CV 1, 2, and 3 on one cart with revamped graphics and sound. With a save feature for all three.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 01:02:32 AM »
A "Castlevania Trilogy" type game done on the SNES in the style of Mario All Stars or Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, i.e., CV 1, 2, and 3 on one cart with revamped graphics and sound. With a save feature for all three.

Same here! It wasn't long after Super Mario All-Stars hit the shelves that I got my copy. After playing through it I though to myself; Why not do the same with Castlevania? With that in mind I actually wrote a letter to Nintendo of America about the idea. Despite getting a reply I should have sent it to Konami instead. But at the time I didn't know they were the ones that had produced the game where-as Nintendo was just the license distributor  :P

As for me regarding the question of the thread? Super Castlevania V on the SNES! F**k yeah... 8)  It would have been awesome.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 01:14:15 AM »
+1
As for me regarding the question of the thread? Super Castlevania V on the SNES! F**k yeah... 8)  It would have been awesome.

Given Contra 4, I'm still waiting for Wayforward to get the CV license and do something like that.  ;)

Offline ganonfloyd

• Hunter in Training
  • Listen without distraction.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:43 AM »
Some Gamecube love would have been nice. Not sure exactly what it would entail but I remember starting to get into the series and wishing I had a game to play on the lunchbox.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:02:06 AM »
A game about Sonia that would've fixed her story so that it would fit in with the timeline.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 09:44:55 AM »
An arcade castlevania game with the similar vein as Strider Hiryu 2: 2d sprites in 3d backgrounds, a simple linear game.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »
Given Contra 4, I'm still waiting for Wayforward to get the CV license and do something like that.  ;)

Me too :). I really like what WayForward did in Contra 4. But way back in time (in the SNES era), a Super Castlevania V would be great.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
-Castlevania 5 by Wayforward for DS
-Bloodlines 2 on Genesis
-Castlevania Legends remake/reimagining on GBA
-A new Classicvania on 3DS

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 04:42:49 PM »
this woulda been a great Castlevania game for GameGear

The Soul of DRACULA -STAGE4 (Castlevania clone)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »
Forgot to add:

-a fourth DS Metroidvania. I think Iga had really refined the formula in OOE, and it would've been nice to have him take it a step further on the same platform.

-a port of Castlevania the Arcade for Wii

Oh, and a DS Wayforward Castlevania 5 would've been awesome with multiple characters (starting with a new Belmont), branching paths, and multiple endings. A true Dracula's Curse sequel, in short.

An arcade castlevania game with the similar vein as Strider Hiryu 2: 2d sprites in 3d backgrounds, a simple linear game.

I love Strider 2 and I didn't realize a Vania like this would've been great until you brought it up. 8)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 10:50:40 PM »
this woulda been a great Castlevania game for GameGear

The Soul of DRACULA -STAGE4 (Castlevania clone)

Yeah I would have killed someone for a Game Gear Castlevania. Vampire: Master of Darkness was okayish but not quite the same.

Would've liked what many people mention here. A better Sonia game, a Soleil game, and I still would like to see a new Sorrow game with Soma in classy old man form (ala SotN Drac).

And call me batshit insane, but seeing games like Zeno Clash make me actually kind of want a first person game. No, not with guns, but close range-ish combat and Metroid Prime style exploration with the loot and challenge level of Dark Souls. I'd be extremely curious if something like this were to happen.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 11:47:42 PM »
-Castlevania Resurrection (Dreamcast)
-Shin Dracula X (PSX?)
-Castlevania: The Bloodletting (32X)
-Symphony of the Night Sequel (PS2 - may actually happen given these E3 rumors)
-Castlevania: The Arcade (ported to Wii or Wii-U)
-A new Kid Dracula game
-Simon Belmont in the new Super Smash Bros. games.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 03:03:59 AM »
Vampire Killer 2 and 3 (Bloodlines' intended trilogy)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 12:29:47 PM »
-A 2D/2.5D Castlevania for the PS4/XO. Maybe even a remake of Castlevania SOTN (though that's not going to happen, as the PSP version was the final re-release, if I remember correctly).
-The unreleased Castlevania games (Bloodletting and Resurrection) simply out of curiosity. If we were to ever play them, I can see the games being buggy like Resident Evil 1.5 when it got leaked last year.

Tags: