Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 462652 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #600 on: July 07, 2016, 07:22:33 AM »
Just noticed Lenora looks a lot like Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch from Marvel :D

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #601 on: July 07, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »
Just noticed Lenora looks a lot like Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch from Marvel :D

That's a new.

Super Waffle expressed once that Lenora looked like what an older Charlotte would, and they're somewhat correct on the assumption (sorry, forgot to address this Waffle).

Lenora is supposed to be a bridge between Charlotte and Yoko. Even her uniform was designed with "what would an outdated Church uniform look like?" But I never saw someone compare her to the Scarlet Witch  ;D

A little history behind Lenora:

A long time ago, Lenora was called "Myrna", had short black hair, and had the power to create copy items made of energy/magic. She could "scan" the real thing and duplicate it. This is how she would fight her foes, for instance -- by copying their weapons. Her surname was also not "Belnades" but "Blinov." But this, of course, doesn't exist anymore. It's an idea from the times I knew squat about Castlevania  :P
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #602 on: July 07, 2016, 06:20:16 PM »
So she was kinda like Judgement Shanoa

Btw Im pretty sure he is talking about MCU Scarlet Witch

Anyway, honestly i believe that if you do end up making a fangame you should keep everything under wraps until you are like, late beta level. You'll keep off pressure, annoying begging and reduce C&D chances

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: July 08, 2016, 12:16:47 AM »
Yes, exactly. Ms. Olsen has me under her charm... ;)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: July 08, 2016, 12:57:29 AM »

Ah yes I can see the similarity.

Anyway, honestly i believe that if you do end up making a fangame you should keep everything under wraps until you are like, late beta level. You'll keep off pressure, annoying begging and reduce C&D chances

This will be outlined on the next update, but you're pretty much on the money. Not only I'll not be able to show much of it (IF it's made), but the very dubious nature of the project won't allow me to start showing off too much things that I can't guarantee will be solidified.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: July 14, 2016, 02:38:10 AM »
Cooking a special surprise... ;)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2016, 11:09:09 AM »
+1
Cooking a special surprise... ;)

So, the special surprise arrived. For now I'll post a just a bit of it to keep the flame alive, and post slightly more on the upcoming update (which is past the intended deadline, but accidents happen):

Heavenly Tradition (Theme of Eisuke Hakuba)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:12:22 AM by theplottwist »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2016, 06:10:39 PM »
Huh, feels like a slower & more Japanese version of Mina's theme. Neat.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #608 on: July 20, 2016, 06:11:43 AM »
Huh, feels like a slower & more Japanese version of Mina's theme. Neat.

Also, it's named "Heavenly Tradition." But now what's it meant for is spoiled lol

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: July 21, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »
+1
Hello. Here's today's update for project Umbra! First of all, the latest artwork -- General Dietfried Berthold:

You can check the full-sized artwork at Junki's Deviant Art.

As some of you may be already aware, General Berthold is the leader of the battalion assembled to assist the Church in 1999. Berthold has fought alongside Alucard, Lenora and another character in a past battle two years prior to the Demon Castle War, and thus is a witness to what the supernatural forces are capable of. With this knowledge, he managed to convince the governments of Europe on letting him assemble a special military force to contain Dracula's castle during the sealing ceremony scheduled for 1999. He has personally handpicked every single soldier amongst the best in Europe, and is highly respected by his peers, including the Church team. If the army is armed with Silver Guns, Berthold is the guy who they should thank.

Now, for the new character: Father Ermingild.

Father Ermingild is an accomplished exorcist working for the Church. Some weeks ago I wrote about the Outbreak of 1997 and the involvement of Lenora, Alucard, Berthold and a fourth character who originally issued the distress call. This character is Father Ermingild who, being an exorcist, imediately recognized the "disease" to be of supernatural origin.

During the events of 1997, Ermingild helped the people resist the curse unleashed by Angolmois. Unlike Berthold, Ermingild was familiar with the powers of darkness, yet this was the first time he saw something so powerful taking control of the people -- Dracula's influence. When Lenora and Alucard arrived, Ermingild teamed up with them, and together with Berthold, they stopped the evil cult's corruption from spreading further. This event became known as the Outbreak of 1997 -- an attempt by Angolmois to achieve a centennial resurrection for Count Dracula.

From this point onwards, Ermingild became an agent of the Church, and helped them track Angolmois' actions through the land for two years, while using his exorcism to help rid the land from the forces of darkness.

Now, for the game situation of this project:

(click to show/hide)

And now, for a final heads up: Chernabogue has joined the voice acting cast! I'm not telling yet what character he's voicing, but I must say I'm very satisfied with him. Soon I'll have him record some decisive lines to show you what he can do! And to end this post, here is something from Chernabogue:

Through The Looking-Glass
The Stellar Swordswoman
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:26:35 PM by theplottwist »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #610 on: July 21, 2016, 04:53:00 PM »
Now, for the game situation of this project:

(click to show/hide)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #611 on: July 21, 2016, 05:32:20 PM »
Another good piece of artwork! I think he has Simon Belmont's chin and jaw...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #612 on: July 21, 2016, 09:08:38 PM »
+2
I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #613 on: July 22, 2016, 01:37:40 AM »
Oh~ These are exciting news. :)
Spill more beans plot!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #614 on: July 22, 2016, 05:52:09 AM »
+1
Also DAT MUSIC

Tags: 1999 Awes