Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kingdom Hearts 3 finally after so long...  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Kingdom Hearts 3 finally after so long...
« on: June 14, 2018, 02:58:04 AM »
14 years of waiting til January 25, 2019.
Provided it doesn't get delayed. LOL

I am totally lost on the story with all those decimal stuffings of the series.  ;D

However, that PS4 Pro bundle looks so pretty...

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/11/17451980/kingdom-hearts-3-ps4-special-edition-e3-2018-trailer

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 finally after so long...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:09:09 AM »
finally

i can't wait to see what the newest frighteningly overconvoluted plot is going to be or what cosmic eldritch horrors will be utterly destroyed by a child with a blunt metal stick whose true power is that he somehow has friends and everyone knows demons from the farthest reaches of darkness can't hope to ever win against the power of friendship

because the friend ship is made out of gummy bears, and a spaceship made out of gummy bears ain't nothin' to fuck with

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »
I went to a Kingdom Hearts concert last Saturday. Yoko Shimomura was there, as well as Tetsuya Nomura. They unveiled the release date to the audience before anyone else, it was really cool. I've never heard such a loud explosion of nerd euphoria in my life when that January release date came up on the giant screen.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to 3. I tried playing the HD re-releases, but they feel a little too dated for me. I'm excited to play Kingdom Hearts with more modern game mechanics. It looks fantastic so far.

And no, I don't have the slightest understanding of the story line for these games. Something-something darkness something-something nobody something-something organization 13 or whatever.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 02:01:38 AM »
The storyline was ok with KH1, but afterwards, it's just went totally crazy. I quit following the story. I am just in it for the ride and sparkly stuff and hitting things with a key.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »
More stuff from Famitsu. My comments in Italics.

• The release date being a little later than 2018 was a result of favorable circumstances for various related parties. It was not a matter of making more time for development.
  • The Frozen world follows the same timeline as the movie, and the scene depicted in the game will develop without change. “Let It Go” will also play out.
    Anna and Elsa will not join your party, but Marshmallow will lend you his power.
I hope the Let it go portion is not a sing-along sequence. lol

• The Pirates of the Caribbean world is set during the third movie. Details about the second movie are touched upon in the synopsis.
  • Ratatouille is a mini-game that you can play in Twilight Town. If you succeed, you will make cooking that raises your status. You can collect ingredients throughout the game’s various worlds.
Oh... something borrowed from FFXV!

• There is a music mini-game in the Tangled world. Most of the mini-games were proposed by the staff. They’re basically putting in mini-games without stopping.
Oh boy... maybe Let it go would be part of the music mini game.

• The Classic Kingdom was a project of Tetsuya Nomura, and he would like to add more mini-games if possible.
  • A secret movie is already being made, but it does not yet have a final form.
  • They are considering implementing the “Stories Connected to III” summary movies onto the Kingdom Hearts III disc.
Good, because I'm so lost in the plot.

• While it is hard to represent the state of development as a percentage, Nomura is worried that the volume is too great and they won’t have enough space. While the staff is turning some cutscenes into movies in order to reduce load times in those instances, their capacity is greater than expected.
Too much mini games perhaps, eh? Be the first one to release 2 discs for the PS4. LMAO

• Regarding voice-overs, since there is data for both voices and lip syncing, switching between English and Japanese voices is proving difficult to support.
  • They are not currently considering a Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts III. There are plans for updates via downloadable content, so additional elements will likely arrive in that form instead of via a Final Mix.
  • Regarding downloadable content, while details have yet to be decided, Nomura wants to expand gameplay rather than do things like sell in-game items. He thinks they will release downloadable content standalone rather than a Season Pass, but after they finish the main story first.
source: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/kingdom-hearts-iii-volume-being-too-great-is-a-concern-dlc-planned-but-no-season-pass

Tags: