Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevanias you would have liked to see?  (Read 11545 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevanias you would have liked to see?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
Holy crap, where to begin...

If Soma Cruz truly is the reincarnation of Lord Dracula, why Death refuse to serve Soma as his new Master and decided to kill him instead?

We don't have an explanation, but it's safe to assume that this is because Soma activelly refuses to become the Dark Lord. Thus, what is the use for a reincarnation that doesn't want to be Dracula? Better kill him and have him reincarnate to try again... And let's not forget that in both Sorrow games, Soma not only refuses to become the Dark Lord, but he is also activelly going against the best interest of having a new Dark Lord. If I were Death, and some dude who refuses to be Dracula goes by trying to destroy the castle/destroy the candidates, I would be pissed too. If you look at it, feels just like Death on SotN. Why is Death trying to kill the son of his master? Because he's acting against the best interest of the Castle/Dracula's ressurrection.

From what I can see, if Julius Belmont had successfully slew Lord Dracula permanently 100%, he could also be able to slain Death 100% as well, is it not? Because obviously Lord Dracula is way more stronger than Death, so I don't see why Julius couldn't be able to slain permanently 100% to any weaker demons than Lord Dracula? Why Death is still alive and wandering around the Demon Castle? Is he waiting for the perfect and right time to actually revives his true Master in the future Sorrow series?

Julius defeated Dracula just like any other Belmont did. The only difference is that a Hakuba priest made a ritual so that Dracula's soul would not be binded to the Castle upon his death. Every Belmont technically slew Dracula 100%, but Julius had the advantage of a specific ritual that'd not allow Dracula to come back. This means that both Dracula and Death are technically unbeatable, since they have the power to come back. I would bet that Death is even more unbeatable than Dracula.

Death's presence on the Castle after Dracula's death explains nothing. Lament established that Death is Dracula's eternal servant, through a pact. If anything tries to hinder Dracula's ressurrection, I guess it's logical for Death to intervene.

If the 3rd Sorrow series would happen in the future, and having the same kind of a villain who also wanted to be the next Dark Lord and eventually get defeated the same way like Graham Jones, Dario Bossi and Dmitrii Blinov, I don't actually see the point of making the 3rd one because it would end up the same way.

And guess why no 3rd Sorrow game was made? Yeah... Probably because it'd end the same way if it involved Dark Lord Candidates.

By the way X, the novel of  'Akumajou Dracula: Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku' is actually a canon or non-canon?

Probably canon, seeing as IGA himself assisted in it's making.

~Insert huge heaps of fanfiction here~

The reason why I said its just matter of statement is because Graham Jones, Dario Bossi and Dmitrii Blinov are also the reincarnation of Lord Dracula and that's why they are the Dark Lord candidates alongside with Soma Cruz. If Soma Cruz keeps refusing for becoming the next Dark Lord then there is no reason for anyone to call him as the reincarnation of Lord Dracula.

Wrong. The Dark Lord Candidates have a portion of Dracula's power. That's it. They are not Dracula, nor have Dracula's soul in them. Dracula's power was divided upon his death, but his reincarnation happened years later, and is Soma Cruz.

Only my one-dollar in the whole thing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:03:03 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
That ressurrection one on Dreamcast woulda been cool.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »
By the way X, the novel of  'Akumajou Dracula: Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku' is actually a canon or non-canon?

Never read the book but theplottwist has given you the answer already  ;)
Thank you so much X for the compliment and for the support, I really appreciate it! I'll do my best to finish my fan-fiction of 'Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow' before end of this year because its going to be a very very long story and I'm really happy about the storyline. And I really can't wait to show to all of you fans as well!  ;D

You're welcome  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 10:14:11 PM »
Never read the book

Aww man, I translated the whole damn thing... please just read it or I'll think all my efforts have gone to waste.  :'(

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 02:46:34 AM »
A game designed like Maze of Galious or Dragon Slayer IV. Basically a retro Metroidvania, with the same elements those games used to have. Bring back NES-style sprites and the classic horror movie feel for good measure, too. 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:37 AM »
Aww man, I translated the whole damn thing... please just read it or I'll think all my efforts have gone to waste.  :'(

Okay, okay, don't cry. I'll read it...after I finish read all the Sailor Moon manga first. I ordered all the books, lol.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: