Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)  (Read 488631 times)

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)
« Reply #1665 on: December 01, 2008, 02:32:32 AM »
-Mobius
Interesting review of CVJ, I was curious for the longest time about the game. (reading elsewhere *editorials just seems to make me fall asleep)

Goes to show that maybe IGA & his team can come up with something else. But this is definitely not CV (hopefully we'll have more variety from another illustrator, Death Note + CV = does not compute)

Plus it must be tougher to find a "newer" audience. Given how many "neo-otaku" have bridged over.. I just scratch my head even to glaze over what call "entertaining".

Castlevania needs its own identity, and Judgement is not that at all.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1666 on: December 01, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
actually i approve of the new designs, the series was growing staler then the month old loaf of bread i have, but when you please some fans you cant please em all ever, it'll never happen
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1667 on: December 12, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
It's funny though. When you think about it this game was geared towards both fans of Castlevania, and fans of weapons-based fighting games. It's really about the development team trying to appease both audiences and getting the two areas a bit mis-matched. - The fighting aspect is lacking in more than a few respects and the CV characters don't quite gel in the game's central story arc (such as it is).

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1668 on: December 12, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »
Well i waggled with judgment a bit and im not that impressed. It's fun to an extent...im enjoying castle mode at least. However, as for fighting another person...the game fails at life. When me and my brother had it out something felt wrong. The battle was not exciting in the least..i got bored of the constant back and forth bullshit. May be we just haven't gotten good enough yet make things interesting...but that didn't stop us from having fun in other new fighting games.

Also that hyper attack should have never been in the game. i dot want to even get in to my objections to it.

I will never buy the game. i won't mind it as a gift but its not worth MY precious cash.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1669 on: December 19, 2008, 08:37:58 AM »
They have updated the official site.  It has a new layout and some desktop images to download.  What I thought was most interesting is under the Gallery section there is a subsection titles Manga.  It's not active yet, but it will be interesting to see what goes there.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_wii/

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #1670 on: December 19, 2008, 10:05:30 AM »
What does the character stats on there mean? What does the blue area in the chart for Cornell's stats mean?

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #1671 on: December 19, 2008, 12:27:39 PM »
The wallpaper is nice(Shimon Belmondo ;_;).

Also, that's a nice image of Simon in the Judgment section.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1672 on: December 19, 2008, 06:24:01 PM »
What does the character stats on there mean? What does the blue area in the chart for Cornell's stats mean?

Top: Offense
Left: Defense
Right: Agility/Speed
Bottom: ???? (Range?)
A friend of mine helped me out with 'em.
If you notice, Dracula and Golem have low speed, and Carmilla and Grant have high speed, etc.
That's how you read the diamondchart.

I think that the blue colored stats are when he goes into SuperBerserk mode (a.k.a. "I'm gonna tear you a third asshold" mode).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:29:35 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #1673 on: December 19, 2008, 08:31:48 PM »
Top: Offense
Left: Defense
Right: Agility/Speed
Bottom: ???? (Range?)
A friend of mine helped me out with 'em.
If you notice, Dracula and Golem have low speed, and Carmilla and Grant have high speed, etc.
That's how you read the diamondchart.

I think that the blue colored stats are when he goes into SuperBerserk mode (a.k.a. "I'm gonna tear you a third asshold" mode).
Thanks for the help Jorge.

Hmm, when comparing Simon and Trevor; Trevor has great range, defense, and attack while Simon is more of an all-around character.

Offline E. Alexer Belmont

• Legendary Gold Saint
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1674 on: December 20, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1675 on: December 20, 2008, 10:17:28 PM »
*sigh*

You know, if Judgment gets a sequel I can see creating your own character as a viable option. Which I know will just lead to further interest in an online Castlevania, by gamers and designers alike. And should the decision be made to develop the DC Wars into said online title...! - -

. . . . . . Okay. I'm going to go out and mutilate some drunken college students now cuz I've gone and gotten myself all agitated.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1676 on: December 20, 2008, 10:24:42 PM »
In Reply To #1678

I JUST played online Vs. Redrum a few hours ago, and prior to that, Vs. RichterX.

I don't even know if you have my code, and if you do, I don't know what name you're going by.

Yes I play online a lot (it's very smooth).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• Legendary Gold Saint
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1677 on: December 21, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »
Of course i have your code (and everyone's at the official code thread), you have mine too, my nick in the game is Osaka :)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1678 on: December 21, 2008, 07:00:41 AM »
In Reply To #1681

Yeah you're on my list, but I've never gotten a fight request 'letter' from you nor have I seen you when I'm on.

I guess we don't have compatible schedules.  I usually declare when I'm gonna fight, on the IRC channel, but it's usually at night between 8 and 10:30pm or so.
You must obey Da Rulez!

• Legendary Gold Saint
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1679 on: December 21, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
Well, i finally played online about 8 ranked matches, it was a bit lagged but ok, is playable and even with the lag the controlas were very responsive.

I soppose that the lag was caused by the distance and the difference between the two countries (im spanish, and i think that my opponents were from the USA.

Anyway, it has been a good experience, i hope it'll be better with friend codes.

Tags:

anything