Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)  (Read 490980 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)
« Reply #1620 on: November 27, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »
Oh I see, you were talking about the actual disk data. My apologies. So how is everyone suddenly hacking into Wii music files lately?

Offline E. Alexer Belmont

• Legendary Gold Saint
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1621 on: November 27, 2008, 11:05:57 AM »
Recieved the game two hours ago.

Passed two hours playing it.

IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1622 on: November 27, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »
In Reply To #1625

Waiting for your first impressions.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1623 on: November 27, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
Sorry if this has already been brought up, but if this is 18 year old Alucard, how the hell did he already defeat his father twice? He sure as hell isn't 18 in CV3 & he's already established to have been over 300 years old in SotN. Did he fight his dad twice in some hither to unknown pair of story lines? Seems like a major plot hole. ^_^

And personally all the character designs except maybe Dracula & definitely Aeon are dreadful. Artistic license is one thing but don't turn our established characters into clones of your own please. =P
"Stuff and things."

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1624 on: November 27, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
Before playing Judgment, 18 years old (minus the years he spent sleeping) seemed to be a reasonable age to me.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1625 on: November 27, 2008, 02:40:46 PM »
The latter is the most reasonable guess.

What we know about the events prior to CV3(as noted through timeline) was that Lisa died in the 1470s, BEFORE 1476. Top on that the fact that Lisa wasn't a hag when she was killed. Probably in her 30-40s(as she appears in herartwork). That would mean Alucard, AROUND then(1470s) was naturally YOUNGER than his mother(as, uh, well, children tend to be). Speculation would point that Lisa was mostlikely in her teens(late teens)-20s when she had Alucard(given the fact that she wasn't old when she was killed). Given all of that, Alucard WOULD be around 18(at least his late teens-early 20s) during CV3, and as noted, Alucard not aging past the looks of someone THAT age is very vampiric. 

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1626 on: November 27, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »
Actually he seems to be post-SotN but before AoS/1999 Alucard.
He knows Maria but knows of her as an Adult.

"At least I take solace that you do not yet know me" and
"Your skills are not what they were"

In his ending it states that he continued his research on how to stop Dracula throughout the ages, "Until he found out about the 1999 Prophecy" etc. and about the Solar Eclipse thing.

Where'd you guys get that he's 18?  I'm sure he LOOKS young, but he hasn't been 18 for YEEEEAAAARS.

And yeah when I first got the game, I spent a lot of hours playing it.  About four or five.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1627 on: November 27, 2008, 04:56:35 PM »
What are all of the songs in the two Castlevania 64 remix tracks?

I recognize the Villa and Clock Tower themes.  The rest are really, really familiar but I can't remember the exact locations they're from.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1628 on: November 27, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
Why did they make Eric a kid in this game?  He should have been an adult.

In regards to Alucard, I believe that he only looks young because he is half vampire and thus is eternally young.

I also hate how it seems as if Shanoa was taken while she was still on her quest.  She should have been taken after her quest was over.

Another thing I dislike is that they took Sypha before the events of CV3.  They should have taken her after the events of CV3.  I think that way her conversations would have been more interesting, especially with Trever, grant, and Alucard.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1629 on: November 27, 2008, 05:58:31 PM »
In Reply To #1632

They took Eric from a time before he knew of the significance of the Alucard Spear, thus he's just a spoiled brat of a young noble.

They took Sypha from before the time in which she had to show up in Wallachia undercover as a man, to accentuate the whole 'they really feared Witches even holy ones' at the time.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1630 on: November 27, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »
To answer your earlier question, Jorge, there is a scan earlier in this thread that has age data and small bios about the characters.

And saying Alucard is 18 makes no sense. You might as well start saying that Dracula is one a couple of hundred years old because each time he returns from the dead he's only around for a couple of years at a time. The whole thing smacks of an early idea that got forgotten during the development stage and no one bothered fixing it in the paperwork before it came time to print.
"Stuff and things."

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #1631 on: November 27, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »
What are all of the songs in the two Castlevania 64 remix tracks?

I recognize the Villa and Clock Tower themes.  The rest are really, really familiar but I can't remember the exact locations they're from.
Two CV64 remix tracks? Are you talking about The Wolf Revealed(Cornell's theme) or something?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #1632 on: November 27, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »
Yeah...it's not the fact that people don't like the game that bothers me, it's the fact that they seem to be forcing themselves to hate it and nitpicking and stating terrible reasons that just translate into "BAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW".

I wouldn't have any problems if people actually gave good reasons, didn't rage, and didn't just blatantly say "BAAAAAAWWWWW dis gaem sux" right off the bat.

One could say the same of the ppl that are quick to dismiss this game's glaring faults. I this title as an experiment, but I have yet to find any true merit in it. How have sales been? That is the bottom line for this thing's survival anyway.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:18:21 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1633 on: November 27, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
Two CV64 remix tracks? Are you talking about The Wolf Revealed(Cornell's theme) or something?

BGM17 and BGM18 are both based on various Castlevania 64 songs, if I recall correctly.

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #1634 on: November 27, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »
In Reply To #1637

BGM17 is Clockwork from CV3. BGM18 is The Wolf Revealed which is a mix of Melodies of Castlevania(bonus track), Renon's theme/Malus Reappears, and Toothed Wheel(Clock Tower) from CV64 in that order.

Tags:

anything