Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "...the XBOX ONE, no longer an always be ready and connected console..."  (Read 54449 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "...the XBOX ONE, an always be ready and connected console..."
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2013, 02:47:57 AM »
If Konami announced that the next hi-res 2D Castlevania game was gonna be an XBox One exclusive...

WOULD YOU BUY IT?

...I think my brain is bleeding right now. AAARRRGGHH
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2013, 02:51:24 AM »
If Konami announced that the next hi-res 2D Castlevania game was gonna be an XBox One exclusive...

WOULD YOU BUY IT?

No way.
Beside I believe that it would never happen. Almost all 3rd party games are aiming for multi-console platforms to rake in more money.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2013, 08:20:01 AM »
Considering I'm not the biggest fan of the recent CV ventures, they'd have to sell me REAL hard to at least consider it....

... and even then, I'm just going to say "NO!".

Would be a bullshit move, though. I know they say CV is popular in the West, and Microsoft's XBOX systems are the most popular AMONG the West, but Konami better not get some kinda idea that, "West loves CV more than Japan. West loves XBOX! We'll sell more if we go exclusive on XBONE!!! Brillaint!!!".

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »
Not even Mega Man Legends 3 Exclusive would make me buy an Xbox Juan.

And I bought a PS2 exclusively for X8.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2013, 05:40:02 PM »
Not even Mega Man Legends 3 Exclusive would make me buy an Xbox Juan.

And I bought a PS2 exclusively for X8.
Yeah, but to be fair, I'd think MML3 would be deemed "too kiddy" for the likes of XBONE and the Microsoft Master Race. MS: "Turn Mega Man into a dudebro with a neck thick like a tree trunk, and have it play like Gears of War, then we'll talk, Capcom!".

Offline Hagathrom

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »
I'd vote for that. American society today seems waaay to comfortable with near total loss of privacy. No one is even throwing around the word terrorist this time. This is pathetic.
"Stuff and things."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
+1
I'd vote for that. American society today seems waaay to comfortable with near total loss of privacy. No one is even throwing around the word terrorist this time. This is pathetic.
It's funny, isn't this how sci-fi stories decades past predicted our eventual submission to the hands of a Totalitarianism corporate regime or robot uprising would take place? And when movies like that used to come out, people would say, "Nah, nah, we aren't THAT stupid! We can distinguish something that would lead to that sort of predicament and stamp it out before it even happens. No robots will ever uprise, no "Big Brother" always watching you, no greedy corporations seeking dominance over all and every aspect of our lives! We are too smart, as a people, to let that happen.". Damn, we aren't, are we? :-[

That being said, look what Adam Orth is up to:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596366

Adam Orth strikes me was one of those young pretentious "New Liberal" brats that think they can do whatever they want and act surprised if it offends people. Kinda like in King of the Kill, when that couple with the bratty son moves, and they let their kid call Hank names, mess up his property, and shake it off as "Oh, he's just expressing his creativity!". It's kinda banking on "entitlement" and how, say, It's in my right to treat a customer like crap because it's the "freedom of being 'me'" and I shouldn't be fired for being "me". LOL, keep thinking that, Orth. Customer Service isn't going to change because customers still love to feel special and their happiness is VITAL to the livelihood of BUSINESSES. Ethics, learn about them and stop being a fuckin douche who thinks he can say anything he wants and have people kiss his ass for it. Law of the world, you say something that offends people, they are going to be pissed. You're just lucky you haven't did this in public, because believe it or not, people love to beat up assholes. Yeah, people don't like assholes, go figure! ESPECIALLY when they are condescending asshole douchebags.

Funny thing, Orth isn't much different than the lot of those at MS. Only reason he got fired was because he fired his "smug gun" before the battle even started. Mattrick, Nelson and the others: "Dude, you gotta wait until we ALL fire our pretentious remarks! It's supposed to be a TEAM EFFORT of DOUCHERY! You're not a team player, so get out!!".
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:45:07 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
LOL if you have Facebook and can see this page take a look

Epic 'comments' attack (the first 1000 at least)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »
+1
Kinect Self-Awareness Hack

Perhaps College Humor will found the resistance movement?
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »
that was hilarious.
Most likely how it will react to used games.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »
Microsoft woke right the fuck up, used game DRM dropped, no always online, region free etc.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

The console wars have begun.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:00:41 PM by Kingshango »

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2013, 02:23:31 PM »
+1
Microsoft woke right the fuck up, used game DRM dropped, no always online, region free etc.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

The console wars have begun.
Just because they decide they aren't going to break into your house, molest your pets, and urinate all over everything doesn't mean they wouldn't have done it if they could have gotten away with it. 

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2013, 02:31:06 PM »
Keep in mind, that they are STILL pushing the Kinect, and so far, the price is still half a grand.

unless they lower the price and/or adjust the Kinect deal, they are still more or less in the same boat.

Tags:

anything