Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981766 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 04:45:23 PM »
*Reaches for pockets*

Next monday determinds whether I pull out a wallet or a Smith and Wesson.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:48:39 PM by Kingshango »

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 05:22:47 PM »
+2

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »
W-w-w-wh-whh-WHIP!!!

As Horace Pinker said to the floating tv spirit in his death row cell, "GIVE IT TO ME!".

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »
Also, just for funsies... Castlevania released in the US May 1, 1987. If this is real, the timing is not coincidental.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 05:52:23 PM »
Also, just for funsies... Castlevania released in the US May 1, 1987. If this is real, the timing is not coincidental.

Dayum.

D a y u m. The Twitter account mentioned in the games original teaser image went active again last night, too.

I think this is real. Or at least, I hope it is.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 06:08:13 PM »
Igarashi probably saw the overwhelming success of Yooka Laylee's kickstarter and thought "It's fuckin time to take back the night!"

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 06:14:09 PM »
Igarashi probably saw the overwhelming success of Yooka Laylee's kickstarter and thought "It's fuckin time to take back the night!"

But considering the timing of all of this? I think this was planned before Yooka Laylee, and I hope the hype for that project doesn't overlap this.

Assuming this is also being Kickstarted. In the thread on NeoGAF, an Aksys Games employee gave a very playful post. IGA may have found a publisher.

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 06:16:49 PM »
Hmmm... If you are Koji, post a picture of you doing a thumbs up with your name written on a piece of paper.

:D

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 06:20:16 PM »
But considering the timing of all of this? I think this was planned before Yooka Laylee, and I hope the hype for that project doesn't overlap this.

Assuming this is also being Kickstarted. In the thread on NeoGAF, an Aksys Games employee gave a very playful post. IGA may have found a publisher.

Yeah it seems that people involved are going around to various forums, I saw something about the project end up on /v/ a few days ago as well but I didn't think anything of it. Something is definitely going down.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »
Yeah it seems that people involved are going around to various forums, I saw something about the project end up on /v/ a few days ago as well but I didn't think anything of it. Something is definitely going down.

Could you elaborate on this thing with /v/?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »
Could you elaborate on this thing with /v/?

The same ad from September was posted, it was just weird how it was just brought up. It was probably nothing though.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 06:29:20 PM »
Please, oh please, oh please be real, IGAvania. If not, then you're going to shatter a lot of our hearts. And i'm not sure if we can stand anymore heartbreak as it is. ;_;

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 06:30:58 PM »
+1
@Beingthehero Oddly enough, that gif is how im feeling right now.  ;D

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 06:31:59 PM »
The same ad from September was posted, it was just weird how it was just brought up. It was probably nothing though.

If it was today, that was me. I was curious if /v/ was hyped, and I got next to no replies. :P

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2015, 06:39:02 PM »
If it is real, maybe some of the Konami peeps (old SOTN team) can get on this project. I would be interested to see Iga make a game where Konami was not overseeing it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:40:33 PM by piscesdreams »

Tags:

anything