Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 693327 times)

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »
im really diggin' all the furniture jokes. I completely forgot about that aspect. Imagine Dracula walking through the castle after he kills you and just finding that room about being all "what the fuck?"

As Dracula entered the room."Ahh yes, finally a Belmont that didn't kill me after getting up in the early morning a... WTF? Who did this to my Rumpus room? Where's the blood filled tub? The elegant arrangement of human limbs across the walls? *Gasp* N-N-No! Even my succubus erotic manga under the sofa is missing!?"  Later on Death, Shaft, and Orlox clammer around such manga as Dracula Massacre's the Belmont clan.

Offline DingusBelmondo

• Mysterious Stranger
  • Vampire Hunter
  • "Is this your wife? What a lovely throat!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2010, 12:36:43 AM »
As Dracula entered the room."Ahh yes, finally a Belmont that didn't kill me after getting up in the early morning a... WTF? Who did this to my Rumpus room? Where's the blood filled tub? The elegant arrangement of human limbs across the walls? *Gasp* N-N-No! Even my succubus erotic manga under the sofa is missing!?"  Later on Death, Shaft, and Orlox clammer around such manga as Dracula Massacre's the Belmont clan.
Hahahaha Rumpus Room. "Every 100 years, when mankind turns to evil, Dracula is resurrected to find his Rumpus Room completely redecorated. Most of the time it's filled with cushiony chairs and Chinese cat nick knacks, but if he is lucky, a belmont with a really good eye for this sort of thing is born, and dracula spends the time that the belmont is out backtracking for EXP by jiving with the happenin' neo-retro style and natural "new age" look of the room.
Go. Set Forth! Both your own life and hers are at stake.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »
Well, I just twittered that gaming journalist who maybe is going to write something about Castlevania. I asked him if they indeed are going to cover something Castlevania relalated. Let's hope he responds.  :-X       

Offline DingusBelmondo

• Mysterious Stranger
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
I mean... Do you guys think this even COULD be a DS game? I feel like it's more likely to be on a launch title for 3DS, or on a home console, or not a game. Or psp... i guess..

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2010, 10:55:06 AM »
While it is unlikely, it could be a remake of the original HoD with better graphics (I didn't like the look of Juste's sprite) and rearranged music (I think we all agree that the music in the original sucked).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »
I mean... Do you guys think this even COULD be a DS game? I feel like it's more likely to be on a launch title for 3DS, or on a home console, or not a game. Or psp... i guess..

I would have to say I think it's more likely to be a DS game than a PSP game. Unless it's for the PSPGo, which would be rather surprising too. But who knows?

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »
I would have to say I think it's more likely to be a DS game than a PSP game. Unless it's for the PSPGo, which would be rather surprising too. But who knows?
While the DS is most likely for a hand-held game, I would prefer the PSP for the reason that it has a bigger screen and I think it is more compatible with games that have better graphics.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 02:15:45 PM »
While the DS is most likely for a hand-held game, I would prefer the PSP for the reason that it has a bigger screen and I think it is more compatible with games that have better graphics.

Yeah, I agree. The PSP is so slick, but I hardly ever use it. It's such a shame. Though I'm getting Valkyria Chronicles 2 this summer.  :D A new PSP Castlevania would be oh so welcome.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2010, 02:21:12 PM »
The PSP is so slick

I love the big screen
So slick and so clean

Joking aside, a new PSP game would make me buy a PSP back.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2010, 02:29:52 PM »
I love the big screen
So slick and so clean

Joking aside, a new PSP game would make me buy a PSP back.

The "clean" part is debatable though  ;D

Offline DingusBelmondo

• Mysterious Stranger
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
I just feel by the time they make this game, the ds will be almost dead

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »
I just feel by the time they make this game, the ds will be almost dead

I think the DS will be around for at least 2 more years, even 3 years. Side by side with 3DS.
The DS has a HUUUGE fanbase and won't go down easily, especially since Nintendo has recently put out a new version, the XL one.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »
well, HoD was Iga's first completely new Castlevania game since his takeover of the franchise (i think he had a larger role in it than Symphony).  i wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of his team decided to make a tribute game for him and his "era".  when's the Anniversary of Hod?  It was launched in Japan in June of 2002, so we might be able to expect a 10th Anniversary of HoD launch in June 2012.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:00:54 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »
I love how there is just speculation of a new, likely 2D, Castlevania and the Lords of Shadow discussion drops dead instantly.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
It's probably not just cuz this is 2d, instead of 3d, its more of... this is really new, while the other one is just constant hyping up.

Tags:

anything