Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Little bit o news about Castlevania LOS sequel! (Spoilers here)  (Read 46083 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Little bit o news about Castlevania LOS sequel!
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »
That quote confuses the hell out of me, because of all the adjectives I can think of for LoS's soundtrack, "rough" and "aggressive" are nowhere on that list. It seems a lot quieter and subdued, more like CV4 than anything. Did he mean that's what Konami wants for the LoS sequel?

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »
Terrible.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 03:42:36 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:44:39 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »
>>>>>>>>> Every other CV song ever.

lol no.

Online Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 03:46:04 PM »
A sequel would be perfect.  It'd continue the tradition of giving each go at 3D two games.  After that, hand it off to someone else for their own take on it, which i'm they'd be happy to do.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »
lol no.
You don't have *** idea about music (Talking about the academic side of music of course). Tell a real musician Wicked child is better than this and will rofl in your face.
Just sayin'
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:51:04 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline Akira

• Der Steppenwolf
  • Hunter in Training
  • iLurk
  • Awards The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Carpe Noctum
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2010, 03:50:12 PM »
It'll be very disappointing if that Oscar guy returns to do the music (which will most likely happen anyway)

This is CASTLEVANIA, not Inception/Pan's Labyrinth/2012/whatever. Epic movie scores do not belong here. It's embarrasing when the fanbase isn't raving over a CV OST with the exception of very few.

Agree.
While the music is good, it sounded to me more like it was better for a movie than a game.
Yes, they give a nice atmosphere but I felt like if I was listening to Van Helsing/Interview with the vampire OSTs instead of a CastleVania game, specially when tracks were the same in many levels they get kinda boring and repetitive.

Some areas are silent, I'm ok with that, but sometimes a single track was like repeating over and over again in a mp3 player, I don't know how to say this (my english is so rusty), but they were like, starting from the begining again instead of having a continuous play, when you don't hear the end of the song and the begining again.

"A smaller force defeating a much larger army, that is the beauty of strategy"

[ deus . ex . machina ]

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »
You don't have shit idea about music (Talking about the academic side of music of course). Tell a real musician Wicked child is better than this and will rofl in your face.
Just sayin'

And you do?
I like the music too, but I'm not going to make blanket statements about all music based on my non-existent academic knowledge of music.

Different music has different purposes. The argument that LoS's music is too epic and movie like compared to old school music is a perfectly legit complaint. I feel LoS's music fit within the environment that LoS presented, but that doesn't make it perfect.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
I think someone who does have an idea about music would choose Wicked Child over it. I mean, Wicked Child is a poppy composition, but this one has like... little composition value in it. It jumps all around, never developing its lines like it's schizophrenic. And all of the instruments don't seem to be playing in harmony with each other either. It isn't so much that this song has lots of layers in its composition, it's more like the instruments are just fighting each other. The problem isn't that it's epic. The problem is that it's just composed badly.

@Thernz:

It's not that odd if you're played LoI or CoD... it's slightly done better, actually.

But I agree.  There were quite a few times in which I wanted to open a door, only I couldn't open it 'cuz it was a background door.  Or tried to jump to ledges that were just decoration.  Or fell into pits just because I could (and was looking for some kind of platform somewhere). >_>
I think it's actually done better in LoI because it doesn't have those false door issues. I mean with the scenery LoI and CoD, there isn't really much that looks interactive anyway. So I guess in this case, less is more? The environment interaction in LoI is pretty horrible too, it's just that they don't give me second thoughts about things. The things that were actually interactive were obvious compared to their surroundings. CoD was just odd with how it had invisible walls around paths. So if anything, LoS probably fares better against CoD.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 03:52:45 PM »
Yep I do. I'¡m academic musician ;)
I think someone who does have an idea about music would choose Wicked Child over it. I mean, Wicked Child is a poppy composition, but this one has like... little composition value in it. It jumps all around, never developing its lines like it's schizophrenic. And all of the instruments don't seem to be playing in harmony with each other either. It isn't so much that this song has lots of layers in its composition, it's more like the instruments are just fighting each other.
That's called a Rondo. Just sayin'

Offline Apolake

• Just a lurker
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »
Atom6 is actually pretty catchy in my opinion.  Wellcome sounds muddled.
"I respect your right to an opinion, it's your "right" to lie and misinform that I take issue with."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »
Yeah, because saying one thing is better than another is totally what academic studies are all about. I learned in chemistry that only chumps like gold; mercury can totally kick gold's ass to the Dark Ages.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »
That's called a Rondo. Just sayin'
That's not what I was referring to when I said "jumpy." |:

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 04:10:33 PM »
Typical "I'm an artist/musician/designer, I know what I'm talkin about" forum response, like I haven't seen that a hundred times. Only one that's ever proven it is Jorge.

But still, just because Mr. Araujo makes good music doesn't mean he makes good Castlevania music. I was really hoping to be blown away by the soundtrack.. there's only like 1 or 2 pieces that I like.

Just in case anybody thinks I'm just hating on LoS

yeah, that's my LE =)

Tags:

anything