Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Little bit o news about Castlevania LOS sequel! (Spoilers here)  (Read 46314 times)

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Little bit o news about Castlevania LOS sequel!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »
C'mon Cox, give us a Victorian 3D CV game!

That would be pretty awesome.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »
That would be pretty awesome.

I actually like this idea too, a Victorian era art style would be amazing.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
I wonder if the composer was misquoted, and he was simply talking about DLC?
Anyway, I haven't fully dived in to LoS yet, but I want more integrated/seat-of-your-pants/less scripted platforming (tied with enemy action) and a 3D camera, along with more classic tunes and a more "spooky/suspenseful" overall feel as seen in Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »
Oh, OH.

THE ABILITY TO MANUALLY SAVE, PLEASE. I keep hearing about this glitch everyone has near the final boss that erases all their data, not being able to manually keep track of your progress is horrible, especially for such a long game.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 01:39:04 PM »
It'll be very disappointing if that Oscar guy returns to do the music (which will most likely happen anyway)

This is CASTLEVANIA, not Inception/Pan's Labyrinth/2012/whatever. Epic movie scores do not belong here. It's embarrasing when the fanbase isn't raving over a CV OST with the exception of very few.

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:49 PM »
I think it's more of a MercurySteam thing rather then just that one artist in particular.

Because I checked out the composers website and it seems he did the music for previous MercurySteam games Clive Barker's : Jericho and American McGee : SCRAPLAND.

The fact that Araujo did the soundtracks for the two previous MercurySteam games and returned to do the music for this game as well makes me think that Araujo just may have some sort of contract with MercurySteam to do the soundtracks for their games. Otherwise what other reason would there be for the same composer to return to do the soundtracks for every single game this one developer has released thus far.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
Well then he better start studying the other games to see how good Castlevania music sounds like. Last thing we need is a sequel with a soundtrack just as boring as the previous.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »
Yea I want someone new, or at least teach the guy how to make Castlevania music.

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 02:09:47 PM »
Yea I want someone new, or at least teach the guy how to make Castlevania music.

I think it is currently impossible that they hire other guy, when at the first place, Araujo was who confirmed the sequel
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:14:08 PM by Mr.Bushido »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 02:27:11 PM »
Well, then I hope he does something to make the next game sound A LOT more like Castlevania. Individual songs for each stage, please. I don't want to hear recycled tracks.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 02:56:02 PM »
wow well this is  indeed a quick turn around. Interesting that Konami specifically asked for a change in the soundtrack.

Here's hoping Araujo makes something more memorable and melodic this time around. Outside of the waterfall theme arrangement the soundtrack was pretty unremarkable.

Also hoping the game is all around more horror, less fantasy, more action, NO QTEs. And please, how about some real, skill-requiring platforming this time? I'm sick of reeeeally slowly shimmying across ledges.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
Climbing so slowly with shimmying was done in Uncharted just so you can look at the vistas and have higher interactivity with them, but uh, that isn't Castlevania (the I am being slow so I can appreciate the environment). ; - ;
I hope they have more traditional skill-based platforming too. Plus, it would mesh better with the combat and the game won't feel like two games. I mean, I don't mind the gorgeous environments, but it's a bit odd how outside of the platforming, they're really just "paintings."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »
Here's hoping Araujo makes something more memorable and melodic this time around. Outside of the waterfall theme arrangement the soundtrack was pretty unremarkable.

Agreed. I liked the soundtrack, but it could definitely use a bit of spice.

At the very least, just have more songs.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 03:17:14 PM »
@Thernz:

It's not that odd if you're played LoI or CoD... it's slightly done better, actually.

But I agree.  There were quite a few times in which I wanted to open a door, only I couldn't open it 'cuz it was a background door.  Or tried to jump to ledges that were just decoration.  Or fell into pits just because I could (and was looking for some kind of platform somewhere). >_>
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »
I think the soundtrack only needs to have some more "catches", moving melodies and it'll be absolutely perfect, LOS score is beautiful and musically grandiouse second to none, it doesn't have the best melodies in the world but it's absolutely beautiful.
However, read that news
Araujo went on to say that Konami had asked for a "rough" and "aggressive" score to contrast with the series' "effeminate" old image.
It's not Oscar's decision, Scrapland soundtrack for example is very melodic and electronic, it was Konami decision for the soundtrak to be different, don't blame him.

And I still say it, you are talking about who has better catchy tunes and obviously previous CV composers win that round, but who's bes composer and who writes best music, Araujo wins by miles away.

Everything comes full circle

Tags: