Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: [Fan Games] Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Eggerland, Mario, Megaman  (Read 127061 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: [Fangame] Castlevania: The Demon Castle
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2011, 06:18:45 AM »

Just a little something new.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2011, 01:32:08 PM »
Looks smooth. I likes!  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
Thanks! and it's only 4 frames.  8)
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2011, 08:23:45 PM »
Thanks! and it's only 4 frames.  8)
Very impressive for only 4 frames!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2011, 04:02:32 AM »
Here's a preview of the pause menu:

Notice the new icons based on official art where possible. If I didn't have official art for an item I used the original graphics as a guide. And where there were multiple versions of the same item I tried to combine them into something new.

And, yes, that first row of items are from Vampire Killer and will be incorporated into the game.
They are as follows:
(left to right)
Map, Secret Candle, Door Key, Double Shot, Knight Shield, Mercury Boots, Gryphon Wing.
Triple Shot and Heavy Shield will also be included, but they replace their corresponding partners.

The Icons in the middle are for your regular weapons. The whips will only display the current form, but that hasn't been implemented yet. You also get to use a short sword when equipped with the Vampire Hunter outfit.
You can only swap main weapons in the menu. Sub-weapons can either be swapped in the menu or switched by pressing "select" when not in the menu.

The first heart under the clock icon for the time is lives, and the one below that is for gold. Obviously the icons for these two aren't done.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:18:13 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:49 AM »
The original games just used P as the icon for lives, I think.
Nice job though! Looks retro, like a GameGear game. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »
FYI time limits are lame and archaic.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2011, 10:43:58 AM »
FYI time limits are lame and archaic.

And also stop you from screwing around the entire stage, and also gives a sense of urgency.

Though as unrealistic as they are...
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »
I had mentioned this to Inccubus about the clock and gave him the idea of using the clock for a point system rather then a stage time limit. If you've ever played any of the Super Star Wars games on the SNES, they use a clock but it's only for more points at the end of the stage. The more time you have on the clock, the more points you get. So I think that this is true about Inccubus' game as well since it'll be a bit too complex and unrealistic for a stage time limitation.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »
I had mentioned this to Inccubus about the clock and gave him the idea of using the clock for a point system rather then a stage time limit. If you've ever played any of the Super Star Wars games on the SNES, they use a clock but it's only for more points at the end of the stage. The more time you have on the clock, the more points you get. So I think that this is true about Inccubus' game as well since it'll be a bit too complex and unrealistic for a stage time limitation.

This! ^___^
The timer is exclusively for a reward for people that have already explored the game and want to do speed runs to build their funds to buy unlockables. And I'm including everything from new outfits to extra songs.

@X: You will be getting credit for that idea, BTW. So will everyone else that contributes to the project. I have been noting everyone in my credits list.

The original games just used P as the icon for lives, I think.
Nice job though! Looks retro, like a GameGear game. :)

Thanks, Jorge. ^___^
I basically decided to dump the whole palette limit thing. Now I'm just keeping a strict limit of 4 colors + black if opaque or 4 colors + clear if transparent. I figured that would give the game the slightly more enhanced look I was going for without having to micromanage the total number of colors.

And on that note... anyone have any suggestions for an 8x8 icon to represent lives? I don't want to use a "P".
If I don't figure one out I'm just gonna change everything in the pause menu to text to keep things uniform.

Also, updated stage layout info on first post. Check it out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:57:18 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2011, 04:57:46 PM »
i love that pause menu.
you will make a metroidvania style game,right?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2011, 08:13:48 PM »
Not exactly. It is going to end up being closer to Vampire Killer on the MSX.
You will be able to backtrack through stages, but they won't require any relics to fully explore them.
Secrets will be plentiful, and getting to some stages will require you to discover some of them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:22:05 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
Any redone stuff from Haunted Castle?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »
Yes! ^____^
Since Haunted Castle is the arcade version of Akumajou Dracula it's resources are included in this project. As with SCV4 I'm only using music and level layouts from within Castlevania in order to reserve those for my CV2 remake that will come later on. Also take note that the outfit "Dusk Mail" is based on a combination of features from both HC and SCV4 since they have very similar designs.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2011, 08:45:56 PM »
Secrets will be plentiful, and getting to some stages will require you to discover some of them.

Hence why I am so excited about this game. I find secrets very very enjoyable. Keeps me wanting to play. ^.^

...Or rather, keeps everyone wanting to play. Or should. Whatever, I made my point.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags: