Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: [Fan Games] Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Eggerland, Mario, Megaman  (Read 127055 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: [Fangame] Castlevania: The Demon Castle
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Meh. I'm more of a 'the journey is more important than the destination' kind of guy.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
Well, I more or less generally use Alucard in HD since he's the most fun in my opinion. So I'm not going around spamming anything other than Form of Mist.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2011, 04:29:42 AM »
Update:

Over the weekend I decided to officially add 4 more stages to the game. These will form path C through the castle and are super secret bonus stages packed with tons of delicious awesomeness. Added them to the first post.

Additionally I added some info on the various suits you'll be able to have Simon wear. They will all change Simon's sprite, and most of them change some aspect of his abilities. These will add a good deal of variety to the game.

Stay tuned for more!!! ^_____^
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:04:07 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
that sounds cool.
post some screens if you can

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
The new stages are secret.  ;D
No pics until later. I'm wrapping up the graphics for stage 1, so I'll post those as soon as I'm done along with a new demo.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »
New demo, you say? :D

Think you might have a use for the Simon sprite sheet I made? ^.^

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »
I'm thinking of using it as a base for some further modifications, yes.  ;D

Update: Huzzah!! Got the animation for my drawbridge done! Now I just have to do the chains and the last of the graphics and 1-1 is finished except for the last of the parallax bugs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:32:18 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
I'm thinking of using it as a base for some further modifications, yes.  ;D

Update: Huzzah!! Got the animation for my drawbridge done! Now I just have to do the chains and the last of the graphics and 1-1 is finished except for the last of the parallax bugs.
Are we goin to get a preview of the animation?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2011, 10:13:51 PM »
I've been trying to make a video of it, but so far all the screen cap programs I've used suck. Any recommendations?

Update: Woot!!! Worked out the bugs in my parallax code! Sweet!
I'm noticing a trend in my coding of over complicating things needlessly. Seems that more often than not the solutions i come up with are simply to rewrite my code with an emphasis on minimalism. I should keep this in mind from now on.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:37:21 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2011, 06:33:19 AM »
I've been trying to make a video of it, but so far all the screen cap programs I've used suck. Any recommendations?

Tried Fraps?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2011, 07:23:05 AM »
Tried Fraps?

Nope. I'll try it and report back. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the mean time here's a little something to tide you guys over:
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2011, 07:35:19 AM »
Do you get treasure by crouching there? :D

Fraps is good.  Hypercam3 is also good but puts a "Unregistered Hypercam" at the top left (but if you record the entire window, you can crop out that watermark by using Virtualdub, which IS free).

Actually, I think Virtualdub also does video/screen-capturing, but I've not used it for those purposes.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »
Do you get treasure by crouching there? :D

Fraps is good.  Hypercam3 is also good but puts a "Unregistered Hypercam" at the top left (but if you record the entire window, you can crop out that watermark by using Virtualdub, which IS free).

Actually, I think Virtualdub also does video/screen-capturing, but I've not used it for those purposes.

Treasure? Maybe. :)
I'll check those programs out too. hopefully one of them is light enough to work well with my old hardware.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:40 AM »
Are you sure Hypercam doesn't only do that if you don't have the full version, Jorge? (that's assuming there's a demo/full version). Fraps will put "www.fraps.com" at the top of the screen if you're using the demo, and also limits you to .mpeg files that are up to 30 seconds long. Fraps also only records on certain programs. I dunno if it does it with things like Game Maker or MMF2. Usually if it doesn't record on a program, you might have to make it full screen.

If you're interested in Fraps, I have the full version of it, Inccubus.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2011, 09:37:47 AM »
Both Fraps and Hypercam will watermark (www.fraps.com at the top center, or 'unregistered hypercam' on the top left) with the free demo versions, yes.
(LOL I don't pay for those programs, I just find ways to circumvent the problem).

Hypercam has no limit on the length of the videos, and 'appears' to work with most captures.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: