Absolutely!  Sepcial Edition Please.
10 (22.7%)
Yes, indeed I will.
18 (40.9%)
I have serious doubts...
10 (22.7%)
Absolutely NOT!  Castlevania is dead.
3 (6.8%)
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest.
3 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LoS has locked a sequel, but WILL YOU BUY IT?  (Read 22910 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
LoS has locked a sequel, but WILL YOU BUY IT?
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
Topic.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: LoS has locked a sequel, but WILL YOU BUY IT?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
Source please.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
I thought a sequel had been on lock for some time now?  Anyways, yes...I will pick it up if it does come out.  I enjoyed LoS more than either of the PS2 titles, so I'm on board for a sequel. If MS listens to ANY of the feedback that longtime fans had on LoS then I think we may get a game that will bring in more traditional CV elements than its predecessor did.  

Besides, it's Castlevania.  I can't NOT own it.  ;D

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
it will be released and i will buy it and get a good deal of enjoyment from it.  but all the while i'll be waiting with anticipation for the text 3D entry to the series that Iga will make.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »
If MS listens to ANY of the feedback that longtime fans had on LoS

This is the main thing that will make or break it for me. If it's just more of the same without any of the problems addressed (you know these with me, way excessive wall-shimmying, QTEs, and generic high fantasy/ Hollywood bullocks), then I'd get it used for ~$20.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
I have serious doubts. If this sequel is anything like the first in terms of QTE's, unnecessary and overemphasized shimmying, Titan battles, stretched out GoW combat, etc. then I think I'll pass. I can live without this type of CV game.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 10:47:04 PM »
I will buy it as long as gameplay and music have evolved. Music being more gothic and gameplay that has less invisible walls.
And a new character

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »
I have serious doubts. If this sequel is anything like the first in terms of QTE's, unnecessary and overemphasized shimmying, Titan battles, stretched out GoW combat, etc. then I think I'll pass. I can live without this type of CV game.

-X

Hey, you read my mind!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:25 PM »
If it's happening, I will buy it

BUT

It better be a vast improvement and addresses all the problems LoS had and this goes beyond feeling like Castlevania, it has to feel like a solid, well put together game first.

And better music could help, alot.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »
I enjoyed LoS, but it was a lie. No QTE? what bull, there WERE PLENTY of QTEs. If it continues then I'll get it when it comes down dramatically in price.... maybe.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 12:33:19 AM »
If I get a PS3 before it comes out, yes please.

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 02:00:04 AM »
Absolutely, in Limited collector edition of course  ;)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 02:16:01 AM »
If MS listens to ANY of the feedback that longtime fans had on LoS then I think we may get a game that will bring in more traditional CV elements than its predecessor did.  

“The next Castlevania game we make is totally going to be like SCIV, this time. Promise! Look, we even could be bothered to name a few unused character models we still had laying around after old characters! And do you remember the Lizardman from the original Castlevania!? If you pay good attention during this cutscene you can spot him on a movie poster while Simon is driving past it in his car. And on top of that, the movie title reads “Akumajo Lizardman” Lol! How about that?”  

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 02:40:39 AM »
Maybe this time around they can make a game all about Alucard!
...and then turn him into Death, Slogra or Gaibon even. It would only be fair after all.

Tags: