Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground  (Read 108019 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: CV fangame that needs just one thing to get off the ground
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »
I'm very slowly working on your request, Darkmanx_429, but I have nothing worth showing right now.  Plus I did warn you that I would be working on my CV2 Simon (which I've also not shown a full spritesheet of yet).
That wasn't directed towards you Jorge, I was referring to past efforts (and a thread) that I started before. And no worries on your progress, I been tracking your CV2 Simon and it looks great. Besides, it's not like I can't sprite things myself! lol I am currently working on getting the programming of my demo in working order as well as with Warmachine on the music end of things. No worries dude! ;D

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »
While I haven't actually made any stages, I have been thinking them out and such, like areas and settings I think would be neat, and nostalgic. Also been thinking of the bosses, and I thought of some music I would like to use for one particular boss.

I would ove this theme to be remixed, the finall boss form Belmont's Revenge.
Castlevania 2 Belmont's Revenge - 018 - Sons of Satan

If I pull it off right, I'll be making various nods and references to the Castlevania titles that technically come before this one. This one is taking place before Rondo of Blood, and with the way I have things planned, this is sort of a prelude to that famous title.(Love that it's so fun.) But anyway, I appreciate that you guys are helping me so much with the sprite for the main character of the game. I truely do. ;D

And that's why I'm going to make sure that this game is as enjoyable as can be. If I can do it right, even some bosses from the GB titles maybe able to make a comeback. I think there are some plenty of sprites I can use to attempt turning into different bosses and emeies.

Here's hopin.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2011, 05:19:39 PM »
I've just finished the idle stance and even made a GIF animation too. Is this more to your liking Mega Man T 101?

That looks awesome... I have a suggestion though, the front leg should bend a little too. It's ..... unmoving.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
I did mention this above and I'm kinda in a rut for that front leg. I tried moving it just one pixel outward and I got a result that I wasn't thrilled with. It just didn't look good and it didn't function well either. Believe me, I really want this to pull through for Mega Man T 101's sake. I really want to give this idle stance the best of care as any spriter would but...that damned leg just won't cooperate  :P Maybe I'll try a different technique/approach.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2011, 06:59:03 PM »
Excuse the post above. After finishing it I went back to that damned leg and tried again.

Here's what I got:
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2011, 07:21:02 PM »
That is awesome X! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »
Hey guys, one particular thing in regards to what I want to do with the game, I have one simple little thing I need to ask. I need someone to resize the nemesis sprite sheet. Which can be found in th elink below.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/Sprites/custom-ccoburn.htm

I looked around trying to find the proper sized version, but I've turned up diddly.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »
I'm not a sprite artist or anything, but wouldn't it be better if her legs didn't move at all? It almost looks like she's dancing right now. People's legs just don't move like that when standing upright the way she is.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »
Excuse the post above. After finishing it I went back to that damned leg and tried again.

Here's what I got:

That is good stuff, right there.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2011, 11:36:29 PM »
Hey guys, one particular thing in regards to what I want to do with the game, I have one simple little thing I need to ask. I need someone to resize the nemesis sprite sheet. Which can be found in th elink below.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/Sprites/custom-ccoburn.htm

I looked around trying to find the proper sized version, but I've turned up diddly.

I already got that sheet fully resized, yo. ^.^ Courtesy of Anapan.
I'm not a sprite artist or anything, but wouldn't it be better if her legs didn't move at all? It almost looks like she's dancing right now. People's legs just don't move like that when standing upright the way she is.
That's a big no-no. If you look at the animation I posted a while back, her legs were not moving and it was awful. The pose is a battle stance. It's supposed to show that there's adrenaline flowing through them, or something like that. Not have the legs move would make the arm movements look ridiculous. Plus, it's close to a classic Belmont stance (like Richter), which is what I believe 101 was going for.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2011, 12:30:28 AM »
I would ove this theme to be remixed, the finall boss form Belmont's Revenge.
What kind of musical genre are you looking for? :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:17 AM »

This problem is easy to overcome if you have the program to do it. I used CorelPhotopaint and reduced it by 50%. Here you go:

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »
@ CS: And you are correct, I am aiming for the battle stance like Richter's.

@ X: Thanks. The picture program I have blurrs the images something bad, but it's great for operating multiple layers.

@ Chernabogue: Hmmm, perhaps something along the lines this kind of music? I appologize that there are still sound affects, but I think it gets the genre I'm looking for down.

Mining Shafts: Super Castlevania 3.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »
You might wanna use this sheet for the nemesis, 101. It's got tons of more frames and animations. The best thing about the other sheet though is the death pose, but you can mix and match.

http://cvimages.meeka.net/character%20related/misc/dariusbelmontfull.gif
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2011, 10:58:20 AM »
Thanks CS, that helps me a lot. And mix and match I will do indeed. ;D

Tags:

anything