Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)  (Read 80440 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2011, 09:53:08 AM »
Konami pretty much deserted Castlevania fans this E3, they could have announced SOMETHING for the 25 anniversary of Castlevania but nope, they announce that X Blades is getting a sequel(you know, the game with the chick wearing a extra tiny thong and had crap gameplay?)

Yep, "fuck Castlevania, X Blades is the new hottness" say's Konami.
It feels like Konami is saying, "Oh, you want something for the 25th anniversary? Here!" and tosses us scraps that are ports(HOD) and add-on DLC(LoS Resurrection), then gives us a half-smile and says, "Happy anniversary. What, you don't like? Well, beggers can't be choosy!".

The thing is, with something like an anniversary game, the sooner it's revealed, the more time within the anniversary year they have to promote it. Revealing it at Gamescon or TGS would be, IMO, too late. Unless they plan on releasing the game next year, but then, they'd be missing the entire anniversary thing. So either way, this anniversary's screwed. >:(

When Konami tosses us these scraps, I think the only proper way to thank them is by saying "Fuck you very much!"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »
Perhaps 25th was not a significant enough, perhaps it will be different or the 30th? O.o

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »
It feels like Konami is saying, "Oh, you want something for the 25th anniversary? Here!" and tosses us scraps that are ports(HOD) and add-on DLC(LoS Resurrection), then gives us a half-smile and says, "Happy anniversary. What, you don't like? Well, beggers can't be choosy!".

The thing is, with something like an anniversary game, the sooner it's revealed, the more time within the anniversary year they have to promote it. Revealing it at Gamescon or TGS would be, IMO, too late. Unless they plan on releasing the game next year, but then, they'd be missing the entire anniversary thing. So either way, this anniversary's screwed. >:(

When Konami tosses us these scraps, I think the only proper way to thank them is by saying "Fuck you very much!"

On the other hand what did we get in 20 anniversary...........at least they compensated it with DXC

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2011, 11:04:14 AM »
Konami is a just very lazy company. Metal Gear and Kojima is their highest priority when it comes to business, they really don't care about anything else. LoS DLC was our anniversary treat, says a lot doesn't it?

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »
Perhaps 25th was not a significant enough, perhaps it will be different or the 30th? O.o

Typically, a 25th anniversary is more of a milestone than a 30th anniversary... at least, from my experience. I believe they call it a Silver Jubilee. I don't think they call a 30th anniversary anything : x

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2011, 11:32:23 AM »
Typically, a 25th anniversary is more of a milestone than a 30th anniversary... at least, from my experience. I believe they call it a Silver Jubilee. I don't think they call a 30th anniversary anything : x

And every series other than Castlevania has something grand on their 25th anniversary.
Hell, they could've at least remade the first game.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
Konami is a just very lazy company. Metal Gear and Kojima is their highest priority when it comes to business, they really don't care about anything else. LoS DLC was our anniversary treat, says a lot doesn't it?

Exactly.  Imagine Nintendo putting everything into Mario instead of making these Zelda games for Zelda's 25th Anniversary.  Zelda fans are getting the Ocarina remake, 4 Sword Adventures (free) and Link's Awakening on 3DS, plus they're also getting Skyward Sword for Wii --and some massive preorder goodies to boot!  What would be the Castlevania equivalent look like?

If all Konami cares about is their precious Metal Gear Solid profits, they should just change their name to Kojima Productions --and sell properties like Castlevania to some software developer that gives a damn.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2011, 11:57:41 AM »
Reading all these responses is really starting to put things in perspective. Destroying my collection will probably be the only way to lift this curse the series has had over me for 25 years. I mean if Konami doesn't care about Castlevania enough even on the milestone anniversary then what's the point...

Should I just throw it all in a bonfire or take individual games/items & smash them to pieces with a sledgehammer?

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07:08 PM »
After CV OOE iga's butt got lazy ... i hope in someday he will get kicked on it to get hot again  !

<< sorry sounds gay but i'm so angry .. -__- i was on my laptop whole the week i forgot about my exams waiting for some announcement  but .. *sigh*

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »
Anniversary milestones go by 5 years(5th year, 10th year, 15th year), and the BIGGIES happen every 25 years(25th anniversary, 50th anniversary...). Seriously, HOD PS3 port and LoS DLC is not enough. They should've shown MAJOR love towards the CV series this year. It shows where Konami has placed their priorities.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2011, 12:22:14 PM »
Reading all these responses is really starting to put things in perspective. Destroying my collection will probably be the only way to lift this curse the series has had over me for 25 years. I mean if Konami doesn't care about Castlevania enough even on the milestone anniversary then what's the point...

Should I just throw it all in a bonfire or take individual games/items & smash them to pieces with a sledgehammer?

Why destroy such good things? I'll take it if you don't want it.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »
why don't we contact iga on FB ?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »
I don't IGA has an official Facebook. Just pages run by either fans that don't have any contact with him or douchebags impersonating him.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2011, 12:49:50 PM »
Konami probably would've been happy to include Castlevania in its HD collection boom if the series representation on PS2 wasn't so bad.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:21 PM »
Konami offering up more disappointment, huh? Nice. But they didn't really have much to show overall, either. Milking the sacred Metal Gear cash cow for some HD re-releases? That was their big trump card? Ugh. (Oh, but wait! It also includes Transfarring! Whew.)

Konami couldn't be doing a worse job if they were deliberately trying to run the series into the ground. I ended up spoiling Resurrection for myself (couldn't wait, heh), but was still planning on buying it. Now, I'm not sure. I like to buy everything CV-related that gets released, but Konami is making that kinda hard lately. Do I really want to give these guys more of my money? Maybe I'll just watch Resurrection on YouTube.  :D

But damn, no 25th anniversary celebration? That is friggin' lazy.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:00:49 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: