Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)  (Read 80444 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
And Flame, if you're gonna smash your Cv stuff, PLEASE give me the LoS related items. I say give your stuff to people who can appreciate it. That way, even if you've decided to entirely quit on this series, the money and time you've spent will still have been for a good cause since you'd be making others happy.

Crisis. Flame and I were arguing about taking it. ^.^
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »
I'm starting to get very annoyed with people quoting someone else and responding to my name. It's getting old fast. this is like, the 3rd time.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »
They're onto your alternate accounts, Crisis.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »
I'm starting to get very annoyed with people quoting someone else and responding to my name. It's getting old fast. this is like, the 3rd time.

They're onto your alternate accounts, Crisis.

Hold on... What? o.o

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
Flame and I are two of several personas.. we are not the same..

Shut up, thernz!!!!!!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »
Okay, I thought it'd be weird if I argued with Crisis over his own collection. o.o

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: June 11, 2011, 01:43:55 AM »
Man, people here sure do like to bitch.

I bet you work for Konami.  :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #262 on: June 11, 2011, 03:49:07 AM »
OK, TGS is around September 18-20 and CV's anniversary is just after that. Wouldn't be a good time/place to release something very cool? I mean, maybe they think make huge ads and announcements isn't the big deal.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: June 11, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »
OK, TGS is around September 18-20 and CV's anniversary is just after that. Wouldn't be a good time/place to release something very cool? I mean, maybe they think make huge ads and announcements isn't the big deal.

Or at least announce something? Seriously, like I said. At least a friggin remake of CV1. That would probably put everyone in a happy mood so long as its done right.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2011, 06:40:49 AM »
Man there are like, at least five distinctly different versions of CV1 around in the series, various ports not included. I contend we do not need any more, except maybe a 3DS release under the "3D Classics" banner.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2011, 06:42:04 AM »
Man there are like, at least five distinctly different versions of CV1 around in the series, various ports not included. I contend we do not need any more, except maybe a 3DS release under the "3D Classics" banner.
Exactly this. Remakes are cool, but the CV series have enough.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: June 11, 2011, 06:48:35 AM »

But as I've said before, not a single one of them was great. They were mediocre at best. Half, or even more, of them didn't even resemble the first game. Just a simple graphical upgrade, give Simon his original art, an upgraded barbarian classic-Simon look, upgrade the music, etc. I don't think any of them were done right. I don't count CV4 as a remake of 1, rather a reimagining. Since you know, that game was amazing, but it didn't resemble the first game in any way other than it having Simon and Dracula.

Either that, or the damn 1999 game, which we know is never gonna happen. >.>

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2011, 07:04:10 AM »
Who cares that they're not 1:1 content reworkings like DXC was to Rondo? That's the boring route. Instead we got the excellent CV4 that had almost nothing to do with CV1, and the just as apt Chronicles, which follows the original about half the time. Even Vampire Killer is a totally different experience despite sharing roughly the same levels. I am glad we got some legitimately great, original games out of the Simon revisitations instead of bland graphical updates.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2011, 07:11:05 AM »
Who cares that they're not 1:1 content reworkings like DXC was to Rondo? That's the boring route. Instead we got the excellent CV4 that had almost nothing to do with CV1, and the just as apt Chronicles, which follows the original about half the time. Even Vampire Killer is a totally different experience despite sharing roughly the same levels. I am glad we got some legitimately great, original games out of the Simon revisitations instead of bland graphical updates.

I loved CV4, but that was more of a reimagining, like I said.

In my honest opinion, a "1:1 content reworking" is rather interesting to see, and quite fascinating to me. It's cool to see levels from a game most of us grew up with fully upgraded, and even more detailed than before. And even like DXC, new surprises could be thrown in. But again, that's just me.

And again, like I said. At the very least, they could do that. It's better than a port and DLC, if you ask me.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2011, 07:24:21 AM »
It's just that if they're going to expend real effort on something, I'd rather have it be an original game instead of living up past glories.

Tags: