Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 256542 times)

Offline JR

• Pavlov's Dong
  • Master Hunter
  • I clearly remember it being spelled WolfenSTAIN
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1680 on: December 09, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Finally played The Evil Within...it was fun. Some of the bosses were frustrating, but I still liked it. Never have I played a horror game that swayed so wildly between "practically defenseless" and "one man army." I think I like the latter much better. Maybe not as scary, but more fun to me.
I like big butts, but I do have the tendency to lie quite a bit.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Can't stop listening to Oonagh music
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1681 on: December 13, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »
I started playing Guacamelee 2 today and hey wait a minute. Did Guacamelee 1 really end with a complete re-enactment of SOTN's prologue?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1682 on: December 16, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »
+1
SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros

Just cleared "Spirits Mode" in Smash Bros. Ultimate.  Lots of Castlevania love in that mode, too.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1683 on: December 16, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »
Beat the first round game of Momodora Reverie under the Moonlight, a little bit revisit of Rosenkreuzstilette (Steam ver.) before backtracking to Lecarde Chronicles I with the latter two being some of my all time favorite titles.

Momodora RotM feels like way too long to play the whole game again just to get the extra achievement nonsense, nor do I ever have the mood to unlock them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:19:17 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Hiryu

• Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1684 on: December 17, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »
Purchased Evil Within 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wasn't happy with the first Evil Within, but willing to give the second game a shot since I picked it up on holiday sale. I love the Tomb Raider reboot and about an hour in so far. Such a great series.

Getting hyped for RE2make

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
« Reply #1685 on: December 20, 2018, 02:19:05 AM »
RE2make, that shit don't make sense. Should be called RE2ooled or something lol
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1686 on: January 06, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
Downloaded a game called Chasm last night and played more of it today. I have to definitely recommend it to anyone here who's got that metroidvania itch they want to scratch.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1687 on: January 21, 2019, 07:30:42 PM »
I've been a jobless schmuck since mid-summer so I've beaten roughly 20 games in my freetime (which is all the time). The best two would have to be MGS3 and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, hooooly spit those are good games and it took me forever to get around to playing them. I'm conquering Super Paper Mario right now, but I'd better start looking for work because damn, it's kinda depressing playing video games all the time.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1688 on: January 29, 2019, 09:33:43 AM »
I’ve been playing Hollow Knight, Smash Ultimate & RE2.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1689 on: January 29, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
I'm finding MegaMan 11 to be cool, but hard!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1690 on: January 29, 2019, 10:48:08 AM »
Metal Gear solid: The Twin snakes. The last time I played this title was back in 2008. Despite many on the internet are saying otherwise I feel that MGS: TS is the definitive version. Better graphics, stable 3D environment, more music variety for areas and bosses, improved voice-acting, and a more fleshed-out story. It's too bad that this version never made it onto the MGS HD collection as I was so looking forward to that.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #1691 on: January 29, 2019, 07:05:07 PM »
I think Twin Snakes deserves its bad reputation. It's not a crummy remake but it's not as good as the original. One of the biggest downsides is its redone script, which doesn't flow as well as the original. (There's a good article about it here.) The music is too jammin' and doesn't have the ambient quality that makes the original so rich. The new cutscenes are fun, but they're too over-the-top even by MGS standards. First-person shooting totally breaks the original game design, especially the Ocelot fight. I feel like preference for the graphics is the most subjective matter; personally, I like the grittier look of the original, blocky textures and all.

There's a reason MGS4 uses screenshots from the PSX version during the flashbacks, because that's Kojima's original vision and clearly the one he prefers. Twin Snakes is a fascinating retelling of the story but it doesn't hold a candle to the original, IMO.

There's rumor that Bluepoint, the studio who remade Shadow of the Colossus, is working on a remake of MGS. I think that'll hold a lot more promise because it'll be more true to the original experience, judging by how closely SOTC resembles the original just with some optional control tweaks but with greatly enhanced graphics. My biggest worry is whether they'd use the PSX voice acting, Twin Snakes', or completely re-record everything. I hope they use the original dialogue and voice recordings, assuming it's been preserved in high quality. Otherwise, the thought of a third MGS translation is, uh, interesting. It wouldn't feel right if they didn't get the original cast back—again, for a third time.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1692 on: January 30, 2019, 09:31:52 AM »
MGS4 used the voice acting from Twin Snakes so I'll assume Bluepoint might use those. I had heard that the original voice acting wasn't recorded very well which is why in Twin Snakes it was redone. And that's the same reason why the originals weren't used in MGS4.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #1693 on: January 30, 2019, 01:44:46 PM »
Was kinda worried about that. I could see the original recordings either not existing or being in bad shape or low quality. It's just a shame they used a new script though, uuuggghhh.

At least the original cast is all there, even if Mei Ling lost her charming accent.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1694 on: January 30, 2019, 06:13:26 PM »
At least the original cast is all there

The credit goes to David Hayter for that one  8)

even if Mei Ling lost her charming accent.

You mean this accent? lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwrPuCnNbv8

Tags:

anything