Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 211709 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1710 on: April 06, 2019, 10:44:14 AM »
I'm giving a game called Slaine: Back from Hell a try. If anyone loves heavy metal-themed/music games with 2D side-scrolling sprite action then this title is for you. Be warned, it's tough. But what makes it tough is the controller. Whomever programmed the controls I don't believe had any real 2D side-scroller experience. You have to use the analogue stick rather then the D-pad in order to move about and cannot change that. Must have been the same programmer who did the controls for Metroid: Samus Returns. You don't use the analogue stick to move about in a 2D game. *Shake's head*
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #1711 on: April 09, 2019, 12:43:35 PM »
Vagrant Story and its CoD Isaac fashion design.
(click to show/hide)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1712 on: April 21, 2019, 06:29:17 PM »
I've mostly been playing Hollow Knight, Enter the The Gungeon, and Sega Genesis Classics on Switch. On Xbox One I have been playing Ninja Gaiden Black.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1713 on: April 24, 2019, 06:26:07 PM »
Been having a borderlands kick since the up-coming Borderlands 3 is on the horizon. Over 1 billion guns in that game, sweet Jesus...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1714 on: May 02, 2019, 11:36:23 PM »
Finally got a modern cellphone this week and I've been catching up on puzzle & dragon, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and Mobius Final Fantasy.
Are there any good metroidvanias for android?
Maybe something more vania than metroid?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1715 on: May 06, 2019, 08:15:06 PM »
Touhou Luna Nights. A brilliant decision in mixing Touhou project games and modern Metroidvania style games, though the way that the game designer limits player's attack is a bit TOO much - maybe more than even Order of Ecclesia. The attack meter takes ages to recover to be able to perform an attack which is extra annoying in my view.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1716 on: May 08, 2019, 04:52:43 AM »
Shakedown: Hawaii

also known as: Running Over People Who Sound Like They Have Maria's Scratchy PC-Engine Voice Samples From Castlevania Rondo Of Blood Simulator 3000

Offline Zuljaras

• Castle of Nightmares (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1717 on: May 13, 2019, 06:01:57 AM »
Playing Darksiders Warmastered edition on Switch. I am playing this game on 3rd platform. It is damn good!
Also playing Castlevania Lords of Shadows on Xbox One X. Night and day difference if playing it on Xbox 360.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1718 on: May 19, 2019, 11:31:29 AM »
Shakedown: Hawaii

also known as: Running Over People Who Sound Like They Have Maria's Scratchy PC-Engine Voice Samples From Castlevania Rondo Of Blood Simulator 3000

Waiting for the physical copy of that because I'm pro-skub.

Still hammering away at Yakuza 5. Great game but five playable characters might be too many. I got a job with a lot of overtime over a month ago so it's difficult to find time to play it.

Other than that, I have nearly $3 million in Stardew, so I finally decided to spruce up my farm a bit so it doesn't look so bullshitty and cluttered.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:34:04 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1719 on: May 22, 2019, 03:15:31 PM »
100%-ed the current version of Touhou Luna Nights. Return to research scene of Castlevania Chronicles (PS1) as I feel confused why the attack command of Circle button and Square button can't cross-input.
Hell, the Japanese alternate cover just won't work due to the mismatched size in between the cover paper and regular CD case.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:12:46 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Tags:

anything